The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Mericat, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Mericat

Mericat User

So, on the offchance anybody intends to watch Season 8 of WD, I'm posting this up here now as it's coming, a week on Monday.

I rewatched S07E16 last night - just wow! The tiger savaging people's heads, King Azekiel speaking like King Arthur and waving a sword and Sacha eating people. What an episode.

The big question for me is how long is Maggie's baby going to take to show? For us she's been pregnant for 2 years and still doesn't have a bump.

2. Steptacular

Steptacular User

The last episode of the last season was certainly TWD at its best and I still enjoy the show as a whole, but I'm mostly watching just for Negan's demise which needs to come in this season, and soon. Although once that's done I don't know where they're going to go with it next. I'd have happily had this as the final season actually.

3. Mericat

Mericat User

I dunno... I can't disagree with what you said but I suppose I'm still hoping for more travel (abroad?) or a cure or all the zombs die and society begins to reassert.

4. Steptacular

Steptacular User

The Walkers feel like such background artists these days that I would be nice for the focus to go BACK to them post-Negan. Some sort of cure/solution would be a good way to milk more seasons. Whatever happens I just want a happy-ish ending.

5. Blake

Blake User

I don't think the Negan arc is going to end anytime soon. I've read the comics and there's still plenty of material to use. If you think Negan is bad, wait until you see the next villain.

6. Steptacular

Steptacular User

7. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I rewatched the last episode of season 7 last night as well.

I'm totally here for Negans downfall (Maggie to bump him off would be :disco: ) and I'd like the Walkers to get a bigger role. Azekeil is such a rubbish character, so I wouldn't also mind seeing him cark it soon.

8. Mats

Mats User

I got a bit of Lucille fatigue so I haven't watched the latter half of last season. I guess I'll jump straight to the final episode and see how long I last this time

9. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I gave up halfway through S7. Haven't missed it at all. I just realised I was only watching it to keep up with who died. It ceased to entertain me on any level about two seasons ago. Just grim, frequently boring and poorly written.

10. Mericat

Mericat User

Yeah, I got sick of Negan and sodding Lucille. It's not a good villain sign when I get bored hearing him talk... anyway, hopefully someone will kill him off soon.
    Aww I love Azekiel... I know he's insane and all that but he's got kind eyes!

11. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

:manson:

12. Blake

Blake User

That's just the comics anyway, they don't always stick to it.

13. Mericat

Mericat User

God I hope you're right

14. Mats

Mats User

I don't really mind spoilers when it comes to this show so I read ahead about the comics. I hope they bring on the next villain soon, that story arc sounds much better than the current

15. Blake

Blake User

The only thing I'm worried about if they introduce the next villain is the fate of two of the main characters in the show. Although, like I've said previously, they could change what happens but possibly one of those two characters is on borrowed time anyway.

Slightly off-topic but I've just watch the finale of Fear The Walking Dead and it has surpassed any episode from at least the last 3 seasons of this show. At least they're not afraid of killing off main characters.

16. Mericat

Mericat User

Ohh, I'm at the halfway point, but watching a few a week so shouldn't be long now. God I hope it's Madison!

17. Steptacular

Steptacular User

HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES FOR NEGAN TO DIE CAN THEY WASTE!? :argh:

18. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

God the way the walkers are portrayed sometimes is really inconsistent.

19. Mericat

Mericat User

God I just watched it. No wonder Negan isn't scared of Rick. Bout 300 people with guns and metal shields and they still don't just pop a bullet in his head. And WHY did they waste thousands of rounds of bullets firing them into the windows? If this was a Brit show, Negan would be dead by now, they'd have used one bullet, the rest would have surrendered and they'd all be discussing what to plant on the allotment now.

20. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I'm still incensed by the stupidity of them. Now we have to endure Gabriel as Negan's probable next victim.

21. Mericat

Mericat User

I was hoping Gabriel would smite the f*cker, but I'm not sure he has it in him.

22. Mericat

Mericat User

OMG :o That's the saddest I've been so far, including Lucille's party.

23. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Poor Shiva :(

So the King's empire has gone. Rick's crew are all looking on their arse a bit right now, there seems to be an unlimited amount of Saviours. This season (so far) is arguably the weakest for me.

24. Mericat

Mericat User

I'm enjoying all the violence though, seems too long since there have been plenty of walkers to have a go at.

25. Blake

Blake User

FINALLY a decent episode. So glad they went there with that character.. Just wish Negan would fuck off now.

26. Mericat

Mericat User

Yes, couldn't agree more Blake - I was a bit shocked though that they chose him. I can't quite believe that nobody thought to disable the Sanctuary's fleet of vehicles when they were over there, that would have put a halt to their gallop.

27. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Ooh I'm quite pleased at that episode ending and I just hope now that we can kick up the pace a bit in the next 8 episodes.

28. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I have wished for this turn of events for quite some time, but this season has felt so messy and uninvolving that the reveal didn't grab me like it should. Seems like the actor apparently didn't know it was coming as well.

I'm very much watching this because of time invested rather than it being a must watch. It seems like Negan has been in it forever, but it hasn't really been that long. I know people moaned that the last season was dull, but the constant fighting this time has been more trying to me. Hopefully they'll move on soon and manage to make me care about some more of the characters again.

Those fillery montages of which they've become so fond with the close ups of the numerous characters have got to go too.

29. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Oh god those montages with that music, yes SO SHIT :D

The problem with this show has always been too many side-characters who we're suddenly meant to give a shit about. I can't even remember the name of the lesbian one who hangs around with Rosita a lot.

30. Mats

Mats User

this is begin to sound more and more like a Hallmark production

31. dixielandings

dixielandings User

So I’ve just finished season 8 and the ending is great! Although Maggie vs Rick is a bit weird... did that come from the comics?

32. Mats

Mats User

even though I don’t watch anymore it sounds like the moment I’ve been waiting for to stir it up a bit