Thursday votes for rainbows and unicorns

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by octophone, Mar 14, 2019.

1. octophone

octophone a wonderful wooden reason

Awright?

I'm a tired bunny but flippin' 'eck my creative circuits are FIRING. Actually feels good, it's been a while since I felt like I was doing anything other than slogging my way to a conclusion.

2. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

I vote for thoughts and prayers.

3. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Having my shower this morning, had washed my hair and given it the first rinse and was in the process of washing my face when Mr F ran a tap downstairs. The shower water turned icy cold so I jumped backwards but soap was burning my eyes so I stuck my face quickly under the cold water and frantically rubbed my hands over my face to get the soap off as quickly as possible. Somehow my long fingernail stabbed the inside of my nose which really hurt and then my nose started gushing blood. Jumped out of the shower, naked and wet trying to grab toilet roll which was just sticking to my wet hands and disintegrating meanwhile blood is dripping all over the floor, it was all over my hands and down the front of me. Ended up with a big wodge of bogroll stuck up my nostril so I could brush my teeth. The towels and floor mat look like they've been used to mop up after a stabbing and all the fuss made me forget I hadn't given my hair a second rinse so it's all lank because there's still shampoo residue on it.

4. big ron

big ron User

Why didn't you just bleed out in the shower?

5. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Because I didn't want Mr F to have the satisfaction of me going first and having all that lovely insurance money.

The real answer is because the sight of my own blood freaks me out and I go lightheaded and I didn't want to faint and crack my head open on the bath. I can deal with other-people blood, just not my own.

6. octophone

Ouch! It is amazing how heavy a scratch inside yr nose can bleed, I've done that too. It would be impressive if it wasn't scary.

7. octophone

Also: fun when Facebook gives you the "you made 2 new friends!" animation and you've already deleted one of them for being a snek. :sour:

8. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

What's a snek?

9. big ron

big ron User

2 meny of them!!!1!!

10. big ron

big ron User

11. octophone

[​IMG]

12. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I'm not sure which of my parents is the most doolally. It's their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow so, because my dad isn't well enough to go out to a restaurant, we're having a little party for extended family and some friends at their house on Saturday afternoon. I got a Costco card (at my mum's request) and booked tomorrow off work (also at her request) to take her to Costco and various places to get other things and I said I'd do all of the food preparation at my house on Saturday morning and she was fine with that. Just rang her to organise what time to pick her up in the morning and she's ordered sandwiches from Morrisons to collect on Saturday morning (she won't let me pick them up for her) and is going to Tesco tomorrow morning to get the rest of the stuff that doesn't need much preparing "so I don't really need you now".

13. Rita

Rita User

At least it saves you the bother @Floppet. What’s up with Pops Flops?

14. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

He's had a lot of medical problems the last few years and since his mini-stroke last summer his mind's going downhill quickly. He gets panicky in new situations/places and if he feels under pressure he can become quite irrational and angry which makes him say some awful things, it's like he has no filter anymore.

I didn't mind doing it all and was glad to do it. I'm a bit pissed off at wasting a day's holiday at work though. :D

15. Rita

Rita User

Aw @Floppet I remembered you saying that your mum had tricked him in to making a much needed trip to the doctor but didn’t realise he was going downhill so swiftly. 50 years of marriage is such a fantastic achievement. I hope your Mum and Dad have a fantastic time, and I am sure you and the family will do everything to make it as special as it should be.