UKIP Topic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Ag, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

2. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

I can remember when certain former senior members of the Tory party were spouting views like this. I'll never forget Norman Tebbit at some point during the last Labour government saying that the problem of childhood obesity was due to the government's promotion of homosexuality.

UKIP are the true Tories.

3. Eileen

4. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Well the common theory is they'll only prevent the Tories from winning the next General Election. Although there's plenty to suggest they steal from Labour and Tories equally. They really are the old school Tory party, now the new one is just a bunch of media luvvies...

5. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

6. Eileen

It's frightening how many people in the UK are willing to support such turds.

7. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

8. Eileen

The right wing media hate them! Whenever I see a still picture of Farage, it's of him pulling some stupid expression and looking like an oaf. I think it's because the right wing media believe they're a threat towards the Tories' chances of securing a majority at the next election.

9. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

I think in a lot of cases the supporters are people who are terrified by fear mongering about immigrants, the gay agenda and political correctness, but feel alienated by the Tories and the way they treat the working class. That's why you aren't going to see any real aspect of the media get behind them, because they're not a party that are seen as intelligent or admirable. They're just feeding on people's insecurities about their place in society. Ironically, that's often caused by the media's campaigns against the working classes.

10. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

Nah, he said something worse than that.

I can kind of see the reasoning behind the breakdown of the family argument leading to obesity, although I doubt it's true and I reckon it's just 'here's something bad so I'll blame it on my pet peeve'. The 'allowing gays -> AIDS' is just proper :manson: though.

11. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

The problem is that a very large chunk of their vote has transferred directly from the Lib Dems and is effectively a big old 'fuck you' to mainstream politics. Other than that, they haven't got a base and they aren't much to worry about unless you're a Tory in a marginal seat.

12. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

My mum seems to have been taken in by the "FORRINERS COMING OVER HERE TAKING OUR BENEFITS" shit :( I blame living in rural Norfolk. I am waiting for an opportune moment to educate her.

13. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

As much as it is only part of a much larger story, and the numbers are probably very minimal, I can totally understand why people are annoyed at immigrants being able to claim child benefit for children that don't even live in the UK. It's not as if stopping that is going to make any particular difference to the UK financially, but it is fair enough that people get a but miffed about it.

The likes of UKIP, rather sensibly, feed on those kind of petty grievances.

14. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Of course they never mention the fact that the only people who would be allowed to claim child benefit for a child that doesn't live here are those who are working and paying tax in the UK. And I believe it only applies to immigrants from within the EU. Those little nuggets are usually left out.

Not that I agree with it, but I assume that's some sort of EU legislation. Then again that would play right in to Farage's hands anyway.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  15. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

My dad has jumped on the UKIP bandwagon despite me continuously telling him to do some research instead of believing everything that the Daily Fail says.

16. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Yeah, it's only EU immigrants. I don't think it can be EU policy, as I'm sure I read it's quite unusual to allow it.

Ultimately, I can understand why people don't want to be governed by Europe. I think they're wrong, but I do get it. It's just misguided patriotism.

17. Kate

I do wonder whether it's just a protest vote for many people, or what. Do they believe that sending all the foreigners home will solve ALL our country's problems? Does anyone actually know what any of their other policies are? I'm not sure my mum even realises that they are a right-wing party. She grew up in a working class Daily Mirror-reading household. My grandad would be horrified :(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  18. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

The worst part of my dad getting on to UKIP was his rant about bloody forriners and immigrants when my sister in law was sat with us. Her parents came over as immigrants from China in the 1960s! I could see it was making her uncomfortable so had a go about it but he just says "she knows I don't mean her mum and dad". It's so frustrating.

19. Commotion

Commotion User

What always bugs me about UKIP and their anti-EU stance is that they never go into specifics about what would happen if Britain was to leave the EU.

For example what is their housing plan for the potentially hundreds of thousands of British retirees who may have to come home if Britain leaves the EU.

UKIP never mention the vast numbers of emigrant Britons living all over the EU.

Does he really think other EU countries would allow those people to stay if Britain started removing immigrants from here?

20. Slave

Slave User

I find it highly ironic that a lot of the UKIP supporters are so vehemently against "foreigners" coming into Britain and "claiming our benefits and jobs" whilst disregarding "our way of life", but support the notion that we remain a member of the EU and claim the economic/financial benefits whilst rejecting the governing rules. I never get the sense that there are a massive number of people who want us to leave Europe, they just seem to want to pick and choose which bits of membership we adhere to.

21. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Brits, particularly the English, tend to have a massive superiority complex about their nationality.

22. Slave

Slave User

None of the pro-UKIP supporters seems to acknowledge that the same rules apply for everyone. It's just the fact that there are some countries in a worse economic state than us which seems to rile people - as if we wouldn't be taking handouts left, right and centre if a government-debt crisis caused our ecnomic infrastructure to crumble to pieces.

23. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Brits don't believe our government could ever be so incompetent (lol) to allow that to happen, which feeds the negativity towards Europe even more.

24. lolly

My mother voted National Front in the 70s for pretty much the same reason. It's just preying on uninformed (or at least misinformed) gullible people. It plays out quite easily in this sort of economic climate. Everyone loves a scapegoat.

25. lolly

There's a bungalow (I think it's part of a sheltered housing scheme) just the other side of the woods right by our house that flies the Union Flag on a full sized mast in their garden. It was flying at half mast after Thatcher died. And today they have put up a UKIP flag.

26. Kate

UGH

I'd put up a hammer & sickle in retaliation.

27. Kate

Now then, do I share that image that Ag's put on Facebook, in the full knowledge that my dear mama will see it? :D

28. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Do it!

29. Commotion

Commotion User

Filthy fucking foreigners.

30. Commotion

Commotion User

My last post was purely for alliterative effect.

But all the same.

Dirty, benefit-scrounging, lazy, violent, illiterate, psychotic FOREIGNERS.

Ooooh, I need a UKIP-approved cold shower.

I might inadvertently stumble over some East-European cock otherwise.

31. Kate

God knows if it will make any difference, but the stupid berks have been busy digging themselves a hole this week... first the Nazi salute twat, now when speaking about him Farage has used the term "coloured people". :D

And someone has shared this on Facebook:

[​IMG]

OOPSY :)

32. Kate

I had a nosey at her Facebook page, where she says that her eldest son has disowned her. Good work lad :disco:

33. lolly

[​IMG]

knobs

34. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Paintball?

35. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Flame Thrower?

36. Kate

Remote controlled helicopter with a flame thrower on the front.

37. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

Petrol Bomb?

38. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

I can't understand one thing shes posted.

39. Eileen

Me neither. I wasn't entirely sure if she was EXPOSING UKIP or denouncing them.

40. Eileen

The main thing I thought of when I saw Lolly's flag was "oo what a lovely view!"