US chain restaurants

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Gangsta Nancy Lam, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

I’m intrigued by Sizzler, because when they went bust in Australia my Facebook feed was full of people crying about how good they were. So I’ll have to give that a shot at some point.

Outback Steakhouse has some of the best starters (their blooming onion - OMG!) but they always fill me up and then the main meal is a huge disappointment.

I know they’re in the UK too but I hav yet to see a TGI Friday’s here, I’m sure it’ll be a disappointment after all these years.

Olive Garden was a big miss for me, especially when we have The Old Spaghetti Factory which does it so much better.

PF Chang’s is decent but their frozen supermarket stuff oddly gross!

Applebees is pretty average, starters better than mains and usually filling enough if you get a decent deal.

I hate the Cheesecake Factory food (like seriously gross!) but their 1000 calorie slices of cheesecake are all sorts of good, it’s dangerous living so close to one! Slowly working my way through as many different flavours as I can.

There’s a lot more I wanted to try but I really haven’t had much of a chance these and since March last year indoor dining in my state has been closed and it’s not like we have the climate for outdoor dining here so no business ever bothered investing in it.

Pipo, KindaCool and POP! like this.
  2. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

And I hardly eat fast food anymore either- road trips or when out and about for convenience but my favorites are;

Chick Fil A - so good! I avoided it for so long but I’ve seen they are trying to make amends for their ways of late so I finally caved in. Weirdly I always end up wanting it on a Sunday when they’re all bloody closed.

Panda Express which is great in a cheap and cheerful no fuss Asian food sort of way.

Potbelly is my favourite quick chain for a sandwich, at least it doesn’t stink of weird bread smells when you walk in unlike a certain competitor.

QDoba - In Cali you’d be stupid eating at these spaces when there’s an abundance of cheap and good authentic food but it’s my favourite of the fast food Mexican chains.

I just discovered Panera bread recently, there was next to me in SF but it was literally a warming space for all the crazy homeless so it put me right off from ever eating there. It’s nice enough, still nothing on Tim Hortons though.

I actually prefer the burgers from In & Out burger (sadly none near me) & Shake Shack (though the wait times for a burger are redic) than the likes of Red Robin & Johnny Rockets.

Jack In The Box, Wingstop, Popeyes are all decent for what they are.

Oh and considering how big it is in the UK and Oz .. Nandos is only a thing in Chicago and DC :(

There are some chains that I would absolutely not pay to eat at Subway, Arby’s, Chipotle (bland AF), DQ, Wendy’s, KFC (they only started fries recently and they are disgusting!!), Five Guys (burnt tasting fries every time!), Taco Bell, Domino’s to name but a few.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    POP! likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Get Well Soon

I like Chipotle, it serves its purpose. Taco Bell I’ve never tried, it looks like it was made of vomit.

4. POP!

POP! Not unhinged or unhappy

Chipotle is the best of Qdoba / Chipotle / Panchero's / Taco Bell etc. It's the only one where it doesn't taste like it came out of a BUCKET. The steak option is actually QUALITY, love the guac/chips and white queso too.

5. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’ve only ever tried Taco Bell in Osaka. I don’t know how different it is. But it always feels quite expensive, especially for the fairly simple food that’s not particularly big either

6. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

Oh I totally forgot about Panda Express! Excellent chain I think. Lots of great options.

7. wendy the goat

wendy the goat Теги возврата

I went to Sizzler in Australia on the recommendation of a friend who had been to one in America and said it was amazing.
    I didn't think it was all that.

8. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

Taco Bell is vile!

9. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

I only remember it for the buffet breakfast when we did a couple of Florida trips back in the wild 90s. It seemed amazing back then but I bet it's actually shit.

10. Pipo

Pipo extra large & extra hard

I unironically stan Chick-Fil-A, it's really above the rest.

POP! likes this.
  11. RJN

RJN User

@KindaCool Have you had Brown Bag Seafood Company? Its a chain mostly in Chicago I think. One just opened here and I was shocked how good it was

KindaCool likes this.
  12. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

I haven't but there's one close to me. Must check it out. I love seafood