US - Election Day 2008

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Madison, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Barack Osama

Barack Osama User

I am still surprised though that so many blacks claim Obama as one of their own and as some sort of poster child of the civil rights and black movement, being half white and being an upper middle class elitist surely true blacks regard him as an "uncle tom" or "oreo" as he is a black man who is very much a part of the white establishment so I don't understand how they have been so quick to hail him as a hero of blacks

2. Suomi

Suomi User

well him being biracial is even better than if he didn't have mixed heritage, it represents a unity between both "sides"

3. Raucous Bitch

Raucous Bitch Apparently, Winter is Coming

Well quite, I was so impressed with his conceding speech last night, he was so gracious and positive. He seemed to become more dodery and bumbling throughout the campaign, had he been a bit more like that he might of not suffered as badly. However, I still stand by my opinion that he nailed his own coffin when he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, I think had she not been in the equation it would of been a lot closer to call.

4. Crash

Crash Thank You

The economy killed McCain

Had this been a War election, like it was 4 years ago, I think it would have been a hella lot closer.

5. RossN

RossN Evil Tara Reid Clone

While I tend to agree with the opinion that the economic crisis broke the Republicans (remember as recently as mid-September both candidates were in a tie according to the polls, with several giving the Republicans the edge), Governor Palin probably did more harm than good.

For one thing she negated Sen. McCain's best weapon: Sen. Obama's relative lack of experience. For another thing she turned to be, well, vapid.

She reminds me of Nicole Kidman's character in To Die For - dim, arrogant and ambitious. Not a great combination.

6. jonhawk

jonhawk Bluffin' with my muffin

A belated YAY, but YAY anyway! What a great result.

7. funky

funky OH SHE’LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK

OMG I still can't belive he took ALL of Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, NORTH CAROLINA, Colorado, New Mexico and Ohio

that's BLOODY AMAZING

8. funky

GOOD GRIEF

9. dUb

dUb WENT TO WAR FOR U

One of my favourite things about Obama is his BIG PRESIDENT VOICE, which is either put on or a wonderful coincidence.

10. jørgen

jørgen User

They obviously hated Geena Davis, then.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  11. funky

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27546437#27546437" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

the victory speech!

12. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Can we get rid of the TWAT now? We've had the fun and he's been proven utterly wrong and yet fails to acknowledge this... Unless we want a new Seb Shyte at his WORST...

13. Barack Osama

Barack Osama User

Can Bush do what he likes before the new president is elected ?

Say for example there was a terrorist attack does Bush have the power to declare a state of emergency and give himself emergency powers thus blocking Obama becoming president on 20th Jan ?

14. jørgen

jørgen User

YOU WISH.

15. Barack Osama

Barack Osama User

No I don't wish :manson:

Bush is one of the biggest reasons if not the biggest reason we (GOP) lost last night, he has set the GOP back a generation so no I sure don't want Bush to stay in power was merely asking if he has that power

16. funky

WE?

since when were YOU a member of the GOP? I thought you were British and Jewish?

GET A GRIP

17. funky

Fox's news headline:

"President-elect Barack Obama will inherit on Jan. 20 the worst financial crisis in 70 years and two wars"

BITTER MUCH?

18. Raucous Bitch

FDR managed ok, I am sure Obama will manage AS WELL.

19. Barack Osama

Barack Osama User

The GOP fit in with my political views in general - pro life, pro capitalism and free trade, pro Israel, low tax, firm on law and order, those things are things I STRONGLY believe in and therefore I see myself as an unofficial GOP member

20. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Pro Life? LOL. Do you also believe in keeping life support machines on for people who would just stay in a coma for 30 years anyway?

21. Barack Osama

Barack Osama User

Yes

I believe in gods will, when the time is up the time is up it is not up to doctors to play god and occasionally miracles can happen it has been documented a number of times people waking up after many years in a coma

22. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Surely the advances in medical science and technology provided the life support machines in the first place, not GOD. Are doctors using the machines in the first place playing God THEN?

23. POP!

POP! Not unhinged or unhappy

I could use SIXTEEN YEARS of Obama...could you imagine?

24. Raucous Bitch

I STRONGLY think you are a cunt.

25. funky

BO do you believe in Dinosaurs or do you think God made the Earth in 7 days?

26. funky

I love how right wing people think lowering taxes in superpower states is the best way to bring us out of global recession!

27. funky

they don't wake up after 30 years because of God's Will, they wake up because of science and technology

did you actually go to school or did you learn everything from a book?

28. POP!

I'm sure it doesn't believe in EVOLUTION either...

29. funky

I just asked him about that. I am looking forward to his response.

30. POP!

Aren't WE playing God when God decides someone will die but we interfere and keep that person suffering as a vegetable on life support when God planned for that person's death months/years prior? God isn't hooking that person up with life support, WE ARE...if you truly believed God should always have the power to decide when a person dies you wouldn't believe in life support period.

I mean have your opinions, but it doesn't hold water when your opinions aren't logical and are hypocritical.

31. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

TODAY I WANT TO BE AMERICAN

Now I love a hot mess as much as the next ironic internet gay but watching Sherri LOSE HER SHIT on The View today actually MADE ME WEEP

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbS_wHg-wvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbS_wHg-wvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

32. POP!

YOU'RE A SAINT FOR POSTING THAT LOU. I was quite disappointed I couldn't watch it live this morning.

And I was going to post this last night, but the site was down and then I forgot to post it, but anyway:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJbV8TV8EVw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJbV8TV8EVw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

33. funky

more TV reactions to the election please! Love watching this shit!

34. POP!

Sherri is a WONDERFUL actress.

35. POP!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgSEZtTV-Gw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgSEZtTV-Gw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

36. funky

I don't know how anyone cannot love The View

I so wish we had it here. Instead we have Loose Women :manson: Another example of the UK seeing a strong product in America, misjudging it entirely, and recreating a watered-down, misguided and inferior version for us MUGS :evil:

37. Crash

Crash Thank You

I wish The View would come to More4 like the Daily show does

ESSENTIAL viewing

38. funky

"with 63.7 million and counting, Obama has gotten the most votes a Presidential candidate has ever gotten in the history of the country."

39. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

The View is entirely unwatchable in its full length. Minute long clips on youtube are one thing, 60 minutes of these harpies SCREECHING on at each other (plus over frequent ad breaks) are enough to have one reaching for the XANAX in OVERDOSE QUANTITIES :evil:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  40. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Oh Christian, you say that but I am very happy/worried for my work now that I have found that some weirdo seems to actually upload the whole of each days episode on YouTube.

That Sherri clip is really sweet. You forget she is a real person sometimes.

My favourite part of the night was when everyone in the uni bar went totally quiet to hear what Jessie was saying, and a really drunk but normally quiet and polite american girl i sort of know said far too loudly "I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT HE'S SAYING. SERILOUSLY. CAN ANYBODY UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SHAYS?"

Another silly highlight was Gore Vidal Vs. David Dimbleby

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2L8iUHZ2sY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2L8iUHZ2sY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>