Veronica Mars: BEST NEW SHOW EVER OMG

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, Oct 20, 2005.

1. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

[​IMG]

Anyone been watching this?

It's on Living TV at 6.05pm Monday to Friday, which is actually fucking CRIMINAL. It should be at 9 or 10 on a weekly basis. I've missed most of them, but what I've seen is fucking FANTASTIC.

Its scheduling is also kind of inappropriate, given that the line "You got a trophy for a rimjob?" was broadcast in tonight's episode. The dialogue is uniformly wonderful.

Hopefully it'll be on another channel at some point. It's got a whiff of BBC2 about it.

2. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

[​IMG]

Anyone been watching this?

It's on Living TV at 6.05pm Monday to Friday, which is actually fucking CRIMINAL. It should be at 9 or 10 on a weekly basis. I've missed most of them, but what I've seen is fucking FANTASTIC.

Its scheduling is also kind of inappropriate, given that the line "You got a trophy for a rimjob?" was broadcast in tonight's episode. The dialogue is uniformly wonderful.

Hopefully it'll be on another channel at some point. It's got a whiff of BBC2 about it.

3. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

TOTALLY agree - it's my 2nd fave US show at the moment (After Lost).

I downloaded the whole of Season 1 over the summer and was totally blown away - the writing and dialogue is OUTSTANDING. There's not a single moment of filler, and Kristen Bell makes a great show lead.

Charisma Carpenter (HUBBA!) has just joined for season 2, and the show is better than ever! :D

SHAME on the UK tv stations for letting it be left to air to a low audience on Living TV at 6pm weekdays...
    :(

4. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

TOTALLY agree - it's my 2nd fave US show at the moment (After Lost).

I downloaded the whole of Season 1 over the summer and was totally blown away - the writing and dialogue is OUTSTANDING. There's not a single moment of filler, and Kristen Bell makes a great show lead.

Charisma Carpenter (HUBBA!) has just joined for season 2, and the show is better than ever! :D

SHAME on the UK tv stations for letting it be left to air to a low audience on Living TV at 6pm weekdays...
    :(

5. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

what's it about?

6. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

what's it about?

7. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

VERONICA MARS is set in the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, where the rich and powerful make the rules, own the town and the high school, and desperately try to keep their dirty little secrets just that?secret. Unfortunately for them, there's Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) a smart, fearless 17-year-old, apprentice private investigator dedicated to solving the town's toughest mysteries.

During the day, Veronica must still negotiate high school like any average teenage girl. Along with fellow outcast, sophomore Wallace Fennel (Percy Daggs III), she bravely maneuvers her classes, wary of former in-crowd friends, like ex-boyfriend Duncan Kane (Teddy Dunn) and his best friend Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring), and edgy outsiders, like Weevil (Francis Capra) and his P.C.H. Bike Club boys.

At night, Veronica looks after her former-Sheriff father Keith Mars (Enrico Colantoni) and helps with his struggling, new private investigator business. By sneaking through back alleys and scoping out no-tell motels with a telescopic-lens camera and her math book, Veronica attempts to uncover the California beach town's darkest secrets, including who killed her best friend and Duncan's sister, Lilly, and created a scandal that cost her father his job, his home and wife.

Pushed to the edge of this multicultural, venomous little Peyton Place, Veronica Mars relentlessly continues to search for evidence that will clear her father's name and get her back into the "in-crowd," but what she finds may tear the town of Neptune apart at the seams.

And the above description doesn' teven do the show justice - it's a brilliant watch, though I recommend you watch from the very beginning if possible...

8. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

VERONICA MARS is set in the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, where the rich and powerful make the rules, own the town and the high school, and desperately try to keep their dirty little secrets just that?secret. Unfortunately for them, there's Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) a smart, fearless 17-year-old, apprentice private investigator dedicated to solving the town's toughest mysteries.

During the day, Veronica must still negotiate high school like any average teenage girl. Along with fellow outcast, sophomore Wallace Fennel (Percy Daggs III), she bravely maneuvers her classes, wary of former in-crowd friends, like ex-boyfriend Duncan Kane (Teddy Dunn) and his best friend Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring), and edgy outsiders, like Weevil (Francis Capra) and his P.C.H. Bike Club boys.

At night, Veronica looks after her former-Sheriff father Keith Mars (Enrico Colantoni) and helps with his struggling, new private investigator business. By sneaking through back alleys and scoping out no-tell motels with a telescopic-lens camera and her math book, Veronica attempts to uncover the California beach town's darkest secrets, including who killed her best friend and Duncan's sister, Lilly, and created a scandal that cost her father his job, his home and wife.

Pushed to the edge of this multicultural, venomous little Peyton Place, Veronica Mars relentlessly continues to search for evidence that will clear her father's name and get her back into the "in-crowd," but what she finds may tear the town of Neptune apart at the seams.

And the above description doesn' teven do the show justice - it's a brilliant watch, though I recommend you watch from the very beginning if possible...

9. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

ooh Charisma Carpenter sounds perfect for it :D

10. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

ooh Charisma Carpenter sounds perfect for it :D

11. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

As a rich businessman's TROPHY WIFE, no less! :D

12. Pele

Pele Dud Ex Machina

As a rich businessman's TROPHY WIFE, no less! :D

13. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Suomi, knowing you as I do, I think you'd fucking LOVE it.

14. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

15. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I never saw this but Kristin Bell is AMAZING

16. OutSynk

OutSynk User

17. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh doooon’t... it was good enough before!

If I had seen this (upsettingly double-post-heavy) thread in 2006/7 I would’ve definitely agreed, really good

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Has ANY show been even worth bringing back, let alone been GOOD AS BEFORE?

19. OutSynk

OutSynk User

Well the movie was good so I think there's reason to hope this will be as well.

20. OutSynk

OutSynk User

Well the movie was good so I think there's reason to hope this will be as well.

21. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Wahey!

I didn't like the movie though.

22. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

[​IMG]

23. OutSynk

OutSynk User

24. OutSynk

OutSynk User

And here's another post.