What are you gaming? 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Mats, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Mats

Mats User

I'm just so incredibly masc I can't help it

*falls off horse*

2. COB

COB Pissbaby

I got the Street Fighter anniversary collection on the Switch, if anyone wants me to destroy them as gypsy queen Rose let me know :love:

3. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I love Rose and her ridiculous shawl.

4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I finally finished Zelda: A link to the past on 3DS virtual console, with liberal use of restore points. How in hell did anyone finish that game without restore points and gamefaqs? Lunacy

In my next move to clear the decks, I might try to finish Yokai watch but I need to grind a lot to take on the cunty last bosses. What a stupid game.

Kirby’s Magic Mirror TOO

5. ButterTart

ButterTart Welcome to die

I really want to get that but I’m trying to be good with money. The idea of being able to play SFIII fills me with excitement though, love me a bit of Q.

I got God of War 3 and the new God of War for my birthday. Ploughing through the former so I can get stuck into the latter because it looks ace.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’m just waiting for Nintendo to stop edging me and say the words Animal Crossing

I’ll be all over that like stink on shit

7. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I tried replaying it a few years ago and constantly got stuck. Then I got to that worm boss thing that can knock you off the platform to the floor below so you have to run ALL THE WAY AROUND AGAIN and it was truly tears before bedtime :evil:

I did manage to finish the 3D sort of remake one though (Link Between Worlds?).

8. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Isn't it just? Polished off all 100% of it on Monday night and it was marvellous. Lovely crunchy combat with the axe and daft as a brush set pieces that were just fab. Giving
    the Valkyrie Queen
    a final axe blow to the face after two hours of trying was very satisfying.

That said, it wasn't all perfect.
    Atreus was an unpleasantly whiney Californian brat with a sideline in useless and irritating quips, Mimir's comedy was pretty flat and the story was an anticlimax that could have down with more show and less tell. And you never even got to meet Odin & the gang or any of the giants!

It did look amazing though. I took loads of pictures throughout and spent way too much fiddling with the photo mode :D

9. Mats

Mats User

thankfully we had the dwarves, they really shone, especially the OCD one :D

did you see the hidden ending? (if you go back to the house). sequel ahoy!

10. Mats

Mats User

it reminded me how wonderful the Norse mythology is, I read book after book about it when I was a kid. that cunt Odin better show up in the next game!

11. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Neil Gaiman did a book on Norse Mythology recently if you're into those things.

12. Mats

Mats User

I saw that. not really into Gaiman though

13. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

In a not at all behind the times move I got The Witcher 3 the other...month. The version with all the bells and whistles. It's absolutely wonderful but my god how on earth am I meant to finish? I'm not one to skip things but there's just TOO MUCH. I'm in Velen, hours and hours have gone by, sometimes without seemingly achieving a damn thing :D Still got the overbearing looking city of Novigrad to explore and much of the map and that's before we go onto the next areas and download content...

This is exactly why I cannot get too many RPGs or open world games I wanted like Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 as there's not enough time unless I give up on life for a YEAR(S)

14. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

I couldn't get into Witcher 3 at all. I regretted buying it :(

15. Raining On Me

I see Dark Souls has got a remaster. Bizarrely it was the only one I never played and yet it's in my top 5 series of all time, they are such phenomenal, gorgeous moody pieces of merciless work and always terrifying.

Also balancing that perfect line between having great depth, non-linear gameplay but with boundaries and giving you plenty of hours to sink in but knowing WHEN TO FUCKING END.

16. Raining On Me

Did you like/play Skyrim? I thought that was more visually arresting but in the end I gave up after sinking half a life into it and not even doing a SINGLE bit of story :D

I refuse to let The Witcher 3 do the same to me

17. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Nope.

I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is lovely though.

18. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Same here. I tried picking it up again after finishing God Of War and it just doesn't click. I've got through to the second big part of the world but I haven't got much drive to carry on. It didn't help that I couldn't remember any of the controls, the combat was just as clunky and the main guy just lurches around trying to hit trigger boxes and get through doors. No thanks.

I bought all the DLC too as it was on SPECIAL :zombie:

19. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I might try that next. It's cheap-ish in the current PSS sale.

20. Mats

Mats User

I didn't find combat clunky at all, maybe my thumbs are just incredibly dexterous :ken:

I can appreciate how it might feel like too big a game to take on. Horizon Zero Dawn is a much more compact, slightly guided, experience in that regard but still a lovely sense of freedom. the design is to die for as well, when you first arrive to the biggest city *Oprah wow gif*

21. Mats

Mats User

I've now clocked 7 hours of Ni no Kuni 2 and it's safe to say I'm very charmed. knowledge of the first game is by no means required (there might be an easter egg or two, who knows). when I put it on I realised I haven't really delved into a j-rpg since probably Suikoden, and lo and behold! the build-up is very much like Suikoden. you have your party gathering, skirmishes and castle building

I play with the Japanese dub and English text and think the localization is very well done. they must've had a lot of fun with it. I mean, who can deny the charm of something like the Whamsters or the Broad-Winged Bringer of Bother from Above...

22. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I was getting into Persona 5 and then they fucked me over with the timing and I have to restart more than half of the dungeon. Fuck that shit.

23. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I'm addicted to crazy Mario Maker courses from the depths of the Internet. Some of them are truly DIABOLICAL.

24. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I think the best game ever is finally here. And FINALLY a gameplay video!

Kevin likes this.
  25. Mats

Mats User

did you get the add-on?

I'm dying to play Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2. I racked up a portion of hours in Ni no Kuni 2 and found it very endearing but in the end I tired of the "A to B to C back to B and again" formula which just results in too many loading screens

I miss playing an RTS game

26. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Nope. Is it worth it?

27. Mats

Mats User

no idea

28. Luseth

Luseth Matt

Playing through spiderman currently which is surprisingly good fun and not too strenuous. I think most of my time i've just been swinging around the cities doing all the collectibles. Generally collectibles in open world games can quite quickly turn into a chore but the swinging between city blocks is a good pace and you can generally get to them fairly quickly. There is the addition that you can come across shop robberies or cop shootouts along the way (they are also counted as mini side quests to complete) but they can break up the traveling quite nicely.

It's off to a great start anyway's :) Though I have quite a backlog of games currently so whether or not i'll bother getting the plat trophy on this i'm not sure (i've only got a handful as it is but this one's meant to be easy enough to get).

29. big ron

big ron MOD

Seen a lot of good reviews for that, apparently a contender for the game of the year?

30. Luseth

Luseth Matt

It's a great game but I think to be contender of the year it need's to be ground breaking and it isn't. It's fallen back to tried and tested mechanics i.e. You have to go up to some beacon on a building and descramble it in order to open up part of the map (think Assassins creed when you climb to the top and 'synchronize'), quick time events and the combat resembling the Arkham series a little bit.

What I said sounds like i'm completely putting the game down in this post and i'm really not. It is a great game and I would highly recommend playing it if you get chance :)

31. big ron

big ron MOD

I think I'm saving up all my game time for RDR2

32. big ron

big ron MOD

That said, I'm bored of being shit at Fortnite now.

33. Luseth

Luseth Matt

Ouch, I've played about 2 matches of Fortnite, I just don't get what the obsession is with these battle royale games. I mean generally I do prefer a story driven game anyways. The multiplayer games that I play are Battlefield & fifa currently but I am losing my interest in those a little so whether I will spend so much time with both of the new ones is still up in the air. I lack time for video games as it is so I want to make sure that the time is being spent on games I really enjoy.

34. Slave

Slave User

Spider-Man is a great game. It borrows very heavily from the Batman “Arkham” series, but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing - it just means you sort of know what to expect from the storyline and set pieces, though that doesn’t take away from how much fun it is.

It looks amazing as well - although during the cut-scenes my PS4 sounds like it’s about to TAKE OFF. It’s really pushing the console to its limits (and I’ve got a Pro as well).

35. Mats

Mats User

another bonus from quitting uni

saddle up!

36. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I’ve downloaded FFIX on my iPad to play during the holiday. This time I will finish it.

Luseth likes this.
  37. big ron

big ron MOD

On the one hand Battle Royal is great for a quick 20-30 minutes of time killing but the novelty of the last man standing aspect has worn off now. At least playing the likes of COD online you respawn pretty quick and can take revenge.

38. COB

COB Pissbaby

Spider-Man is AMAZING, I was playing at the weekend and just wasting hours swinging around collecting the backpacks.

39. Luseth

Luseth Matt

How have you never completed this? It has got to be one of my top 10's of all time ^_^

Unfortunately i'm not playing with a pro, just a slim and on a bit of a crappy tv, it's not very loud at all though i've heard numerous people mention how loud their PS4's go but I thought this selfie I took the other day was pretty funky ^_^

[​IMG]

40. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

It never came out on PC (like 7 & 8) and then I got it on my PS3 right before I got my PS4 so never finished it.