What are you gaming? 2020

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Mats, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I don’t think I enjoy the openness as much, like God of War was open but the world felt contained. AC just felt like a huge thing and that’s not fun for me.

2. Mats

Mats User

some open world games should definitely take a leaf out of GoW's book. it felt big but guided in a non-restricting way which made story-telling so much more coherent and impressive

Phoenix likes this.
  3. David_5000

David_5000 I'll dance alone

I disagree, they've made it just too big this time. This will be the first AC game where I haven't visited everywhere and ticked off all of the activities.

Also I feel sorry for you having to spend so much time with Alexios, from the limited amount I've seen his voice acting sounds so wooden.

4. COB

COB Nasty Boys

I've just done some custom firmware gubbins on my PS3 so I can play the original NieR - I know they're working on a remaster, but we're in lockdown NOW :angry:

5. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

*calls the police*

COB likes this.
  6. COB

COB Nasty Boys

If it helps, I'm playing a patched translation of the version that never came out here :ghost:

7. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I'm currently playing a PATCHED VERSION of Scenario 2 of Shining Force 3, so you're welcome. If they want us to buy the games they need to PAY THOSE TRANSLATORS.

8. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Or we could learn Japanese - how long will that take us Diddy?

9. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

well it’s been 12 years so far and I’m still useless so...

10. COB

COB Nasty Boys

I've put NieR aside after reading that the remastered version will fix the combat (because I was finding it QUITE rough in that way a lot of PS3-era games were), so I'll wait for that. I've decided to get back into my Skyrim save on the Switch version, and have done a gay ORC MARRIAGE as usual (though this time I'm an orc too :disco:).

ButterTart likes this.
  11. Mats

Mats User

I had no idea you could marry in Skyrim. sounds well dirty

12. COB

COB Nasty Boys

It's quite sweet really! They move into your house if you have one, and decide to open a shop so you can ask for a cut of their profits every day :disco: They also start saying stuff like "You can tell me anything LUV", which is quite funny coming from a seven foot orc.

On the PC version there are whole complicated plugins and systems that let you have sex scenes, but none of that on console unfortunately :o

13. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

People are still playing Skyrim? The vanilla game is unbearable.

14. Mats

Mats User

52/male Nord/Whiterun

[​IMG]

COB likes this.
  15. Mats

Mats User

I've now gone down a very deep and dark hole in the Skyrim corners of the internet...

COB likes this.
  16. Mats

Mats User

Morrowind had its 18th anniversary yesterday. still one of my favourite games that I play regularly. with a bit of modding it's gorgeous and a much better fantasy experience than Skyrim, although that isn't bad either (Oblivion obvs the worst of the lot)

17. COB

COB Nasty Boys

Oh GOD :D

18. COB

COB Nasty Boys

I've never tried Morrowind, if I can actually finish Skyrim I'll do it next I think!

19. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

Has anyone given Streets of Rage 4 a bash yet? It looks a lot better than I thought it did back when it was revealed.

20. Mats

Mats User

COB-gruz gro-Bol EXPOSED :horny:

[​IMG]

COB likes this.
  21. Mats

Mats User

from the amount of frustration amongst new players following a giveaway last year, it requires a certain dose of patience due to out-dated mechanics. and it's much more difficult than Skyrim but for lore, story and atmosphere it's well worth it!

COB likes this.
  22. COB

COB Nasty Boys

I haven't yet, but a friend of mine has been raving about it - and I've been listening to some of the soundtrack, which is pretty fantastic.

straightorbroken likes this.
  23. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

The soundtrack is what I'm hoping I enjoy most from it.

24. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Streets of Rage game looks like a good discount purchase. I wouldn’t pay full price for that.

25. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I’m enjoying Persona 5 but there’s so much of it on rails that it’s frustrating and I’m 25 hours in. Also I hate that I’m forced to play straight.

26. ZenGiraffe

ZenGiraffe Messy Eventuality

I played Morrowind a year or two ago and it has definitely aged poorly. I only lasted about an hour before giving up.

I am just about to start playing Persona 5 Royal, though have been really tempted to go back to FFXIV because there is a ton of content I haven't done on it yet. Not sure I want to lose my life to an MMO again though.

27. Mats

Mats User

with a few mods that even out the worst flaws it's still a great experience in my opinion. but then I am massively influenced by both nostalgia and the belief that RPGs should be rough. quest markers killed Skyrim :evil:

28. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Just downloaded Civ VI because it's free. I haven't played this COLONIALISM SIMULATOR before but I was obsessed with these sorts of games as a kid so I'm excited.

29. Mats

Mats User

if it is anything like its predecessors it will take over your life