What are you watching?

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

For shows that don't warrant a thread of their own REALLY

Take Me Out. I can't imagine a more horrific programme to be a part of (as the man) but I do quite LOVE IT

That tall red-haired woman is so desperate :D

And I love the way Paddy's comments after the holiday VTs are just generic "Oh they got on well!" or "Oh they didn't get along at all" - obviously the holiday hasn't happened when he films it and the comments are usually not that relevant

2. Halli

Halli Queen Nat - The Voice

They are repeating Cheryl Cole's Piers Morgan on ITV1 9pm tonight - they really must need to fill slots

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

That's the same slot it originally had, isn't it? That really is poor :D ITV2, fair enough...

4. Jark

Jark campione

ITV really are just an appalling channel. There's no two ways about it. Some of the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE they fill their prime time slots with is beyond shameful. Every channel has their share of filler but airing pathetic celeb-fronted documentaries about UTTERLY TRIVIAL MATTERS and dressing it up as some must-see piece of event television seems to be their SOLE TRICK nowadays. They marketed that programme about a zoo (imaginitively titled THE ZOO) as aggressively as BBC would market a multi million pound drama. I fucking despise it, I really do.

5. Mugatu

Mugatu Administrator

I agree with Jark :o Some of the stuff on there is beyond belief, it's awful.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Ooh let me see

Desperate Housewives (in theory)
    QI whenever I can catch it
    30 Rock

God... is that it?? All the shows I've been watching for years have been finishing. I had been watching The Event but I really can't be arsed now.

I know it's ridiculous (especially as I have all the boxsets) but now I've not got Sky+, more often than not I just end up watching Friends on E4

7. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Pretty Little Liars - I find most of it completely boring tbh but I LIVE for the cliffhanger at the end of each episode.

Gilmore Girls - I started recording it from the beginning and have 35 shows to watch and I’m DETERMINED to watch them in order. I got into around Season 4 a few years a go when she was going to Uni and sorry but I LOVE IT! It should be well annoying but it can be genuinely funny and there’s a pop culture reference every two minutes.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

:disco: Oh i was going to start something similar the other day.

Currently watching:
    Top Chef All Star
    The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
    Desperate Housewives (season 7)

Completed Shows:
    Big Love (Season 3) 8
    Dexter (Season 5) 8
    Misfits (Season 1) 9

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. Jark

Jark campione

OH MY GOD. Pretty Little Liars is amazing. I watch every episode the second it goes online :D I don't find any of it boring either, I absolutely LIVE for the over-the-top melodrama and teen angst. I think it's fabulous.

10. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

I watched the Pilot of Breaking Bad earlier, which was excellent. Has anyone seen the whole thing, and would you recommend it?

Love the two identical loomer threads below (about two different shows) :D

11. Jark

Jark campione

I tried to get into Breaking Bad and whilst I could see that it was very good it just took such an ALMIGHTY EFFORT to get through the first couple of episodes without going off to do doing some knitting or something. So I never bothered with the rest. It was quite GLUM in tone I thought despite the black humour.

12. Shirley

Shirley I BITE BECAUSE I LIKE IT

My MOTHER recommends Breaking Bad

She was QUITE ADDICTED to it a while ago

13. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

[​IMG]

Got the DVD box set for Christmas. Anyone else seen it? It takes a while to get going but it's REALLY good.

I think I'd quite like to be a Psychotherapist.

14. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

rewatching old Apprentice series has been my new THING, since i can't abide most television. I am currently watching the final of Series 3

15. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Kristina should have won :evil:

16. funky

funky FIRE AND BLOOD

I've just finished watching every episode and special of The Thick Of It, and it even made me watch In The Loop again. What incredible comedy writing. I'm so glad there's going to be a 4th series.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/epR5M53JiOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/epR5M53JiOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

17. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Watched Tool Academy and typically fancy the fat one.

18. Halli

Not much better this week in the same timeslot - a Benidorm repeat

19. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

My viewing schedule is eerily similar although I fancy the Gay One.

Take Me Out, as always, is fucking FABULOUS. They look even ropier in HD. As desperate as the Florence, 67, lookalike is, it's all about Heidi. She is Ulrika Jonsson if she had ingested (a bit) less spunk in her lifetime. I love that her light goes off INSTANTLY if any bloke is older than 21.

My other obsession is The Rachel Zoe Project on Really (this is an ACTUAL channel) starring the world's oldest, frailest woman and her gay husband. I fancy Brad :shy:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  20. Phoenix

Don't feel too ashamed, i watched season 1 of the A-List (the gay version of the real housewives by Logo) the other day and actually thought it was entertaining :(.

21. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Tool Academy is great, the one with ''anger issues'' (ie. he's just a massive selfish TWAT) makes for great watching.

If only that PRICK Rick Edwards wasn't presenting it.

22. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

He is the best of a rather sorry bunch.

23. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I'm DESPERATE to see The A-List :D

It's been bought by Living (WHO ELSE?) but I have no idea when they're going to start showing it.

24. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

You just know he gives the girlfriend a RIGHT GOOD BEATING.

25. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

She looks like she DESERVES to be beaten though.

26. Phoenix

Three series already completed this year, I'm wondering how many I'll clock by the end of the year.

I beginning to struggle with 24 episode shows though, unless I'm watching them as they air the idea of 20 something episodes seem daunting and the majority of quality shows are on the 12 episode format.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  27. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

28. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Ooh, i might give that a go.

One thing that i have been unexpectedly loving these past few weeks is My Family's Crazy Gap Year on Channel 4, which is being repeated at like 1am every thursday morning (SET YOUR VCR). I missed last week's so shall maybe check 4OD, but the first two were all shades of unexpected brilliance. It basically follows a different family every week as they go travelling for a whole year, to give their kids a 'better experience' and flaunt their wealth on national tv.

My favourite so far was the couple who took their two young boys sailing on a little boat to australia (which takes 9 months at sea) . At one point they're in the middle of nowhere and cook a fish for dinner, only to realise at three in the morning when they're feeling terrible that it was a POISONOUS FISH and could easily KILL THEM ALL, and since there was no way of getting help they just had to sit waiting to see if any of them died. lolz, TOP TELLY

Also in the first one there was a lady who, despite taking them to malaria hotspots, refused to let her kids have any malaria pills because it was against her religious beliefs.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  29. Halli

Is anyone bothering with Louie Spence's Showbusiness?

30. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

I think the Come Fly With Me fell victim to the server crap?

But anyway, it's been recommissioned and I enjoyed it very much. :evil:

31. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I've been watching it but not as avidly as Pineapple. It's just TOO knowing these days, everything is set-up too much. In saying that, I loved the Starman focus group this week. Just mortifying.

I miss Tricia :(

32. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Oh me too. It wasn't hysterical or owt but enjoyable and lacked the awful crudeness of the later series of Little Britain. My favourites were Penny and the Surnames.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  33. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

This will be lost on non-Scottish viewers but Gary Tank Commander is fucking amazing. I've only caught on with the second series but apparently EVERYONE watches it and I had no idea. I'd urge the rest of you to iPlayer it.

*sets ringtone to Mel & Kim*

34. Tischlampe

Tischlampe 'alooooo

Yeah, I sort of hoped it wouldn't be commissioned for a second series as it really did remind me of how the first series of Little Britain was funny, and each character had their own little six episode story arc. I've been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and they've proved they're not as washed up as people probably previously though. Ooh... nice bit of alliteration there.

35. COB

COB Kiss My Grits

I've not seen this but everyone's always telling me to try it :shy: Like every other BBC Scotland series, my dad has been an extra in it too :angry:

I'm currently enjoying Baking Made Easy on BBC2, with Lorraine Pascale - she's no Nigella, but there's certainly SOMETHING about her I like :black:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  36. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

It's so so funny and I'm not really sure why. A lot of the jokes fall flat but it's saved every time by Gurrry being such a hysterical comedy creation.

And YES Lorraine is FABULOUS. I much prefer her to old melancholy Sophie Dahl and her dreary soliloquies.

37. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

''I've been E-MAILING with my friends and they all want me to send them a picture of my FOCACCIA when it's done'' :disco:

38. COB

COB Kiss My Grits

I'm just catching up on River City, and they've made Ruth even more insane than before by having her develop MUNCHAUSENS BY PROXY and now she's getting SECTIONED :disco: :disco: :disco:

39. Jark

Jark campione

I am being unwittingly SUBJECTED to Children's Hospital as it's sandwiched between Corrie and my housemate for some UNFATHOMABLE reason enjoys watching it. I HATE IT. I am not 'moved' and I am certainly not ENTERTAINED!

40. COB

COB Kiss My Grits

Oh god, her chorizo bread thing this week looks AMAZING :disco: