What do you think of a WINNERS' SEASON?

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by KindaCool, Apr 4, 2018.

?

A winners' season?

1. Yes, great idea!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No thanks.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I think there was some talk about about it at some point. Now that we're getting a 13th winner soon, what do we think of a winners' season? Can you imagine the competition? :disco:

Who do we think would WIN?

My money would be on either Jinkx Monsoon or Raja I think.

Tyra for last place.

2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’d love it, however unlikely it seems. Bebe the mole would have been a good way to protect this idea, but I think putting a winner in All stars kind of gets in the way of this idea

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I think getting them all to agree to it would be pretty impossible regardless. Season one was so niche interest that Bebe didn't really have anything to lose. Obviously the show has got a LOT bigger in the time since Bianca, but I doubt she'd ever want (and she certainly doesn't need) to do it, and suspect most of the others wouldn't want to consider going up against her. Plus a lot of them have successfully made careers for themselves and they would be very guarded in protecting that - and that doesn't really make for great TV, regardless of their talent.

The idea floated here a couple of times previously of a LOSER season - for the queens voted out FIRST intrigues me a lot more. Some genuine talents who never got to show it, together with a fair few tired old busted messes, and ALL with something to prove one way or another.

4. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I think a winners' season would have to be structured differently to get them all to sign up, possibly removing the competitive element entirely and making it more like a talent showcase - I'm not sure how many episodes you could get out of that concept, but I'd be interested in seeing it.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I just don't see Bianca doing it but at the same time it could be a nice boost to her profile if it's just a winners special that airs on VH1.

6. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I'm not really interested in a winner's season, but as Lolly said, a season of the first (and maybe some second)-outs is something I have much more time for. Vanjie, Jaymes Mansfield, Kelly Mantle, Porkchop, Tempest, Laila - it could be quite the line-up.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Pennytration, Alyssa Summers, Venus D-Lite, Phoenix.....

8. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

Yeah, I totally erased those from my line-up as I tried to remember the first-outs. Doing a combination of different early-outs could be awesome though. We'd get TAMMIE BROWN, JASMINE MASTERS, April Carrion, Mimi Imfurst. :D

9. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Is Alyssa Summers even still in the industry? She must be the most obscure contestant ever.

Venus might actually be somewhat interesting given the weird violent streak she exhibited in her lip sync, and the fact that she's an absurd plastic surgery addict.

10. lolly

I quite like the idea of a fair few SHIT ones in the mix anyway. A few guaranteed early outs would give the ones who have gone on to have really successful careers a real chance to shine first.

But yeah, realistically anyone who was among the first three out, I suppose. But if it was to happen they will bend the rules to suit who they want in regardless.

11. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

SHANGELA

SDF and Phoenix like this.
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The thing is, most of the shit ones are actually shit. You might have a few gems who were eliminated unfairly but the others simply weren't good tv on top of being bad drag queens.

It's a big risk to make a show out of bad contestants when something like AS3 was dinged for not having enough talent.

13. lolly

Yes, I guess that's true. But I'd hope that if they can choose from the first three out of each season, then there ought to be enough scope for a few early eliminees with real talent. Realistically it probably wouldn't be one from every season anyway.

14. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

If they were good enough to get on the show in the first place, I’m sure they can’t be that bad now!

As for the winner’s season, how about a one-off charity show? Then it’s not about personal pride so much (especially if there’s no ranking), and loads of queens got together for that charity show in Puerto Rico (was it?)

15. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Some kind of charity episode with the winners competing for $100,000 for their favourite organisation or something - featuring a runway, a really good challenge (Snatch Game?) and a lip sync would be quite fabulous, and is probably the only conceivable way to tempt the likes of Bianca back into the fold.

16. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah that’s what I mean. I mean doesn’t strictly do that?

17. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

How many of the queens mentioned as early exits will be able to do one the musical and dance numbers that are considered basic challenges nowadays? How many of them have enough personality to pull off Snatch Game or a commercial? Even the fashion would be questionable.

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Snatch game isn’t so bad, but I’m sure they can tailor the challenges to fit the situation.

Anyway, how many of the regular queens can do all that? :D

19. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

A charity one off could work.

If they were doing a Best of the Worst season I agree with Phoenix that a lot of them would be awful or uninteresting in the normal challenges. But if they made it comedic and tailored the challenges to the busted queens it could work.

20. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

For example, a Rudemption runway could be the first challenge

21. Ag

Ag User

What about a CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?

22. lolly

CHILDREN IN NEED

23. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Let’s drag up Pudsey Bear

Don’t trust him! He’s a bear with one eye!

24. Ag

Ag User

ALL DAY LONG I've been fantasising about a CHRISTMAS SPECIAL TWO HOUR EPISODE with all your favourite queens. Essentially Latrice and Alyssa need to be central to proceedings.

25. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

How about a whole season of only Snatch Game? :disco:

Chlammy likes this.
  26. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yuk! Most of them have trouble doing ONE!

How about a whole season of talent shows!

Oh same reason I guess

27. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Well Pennytration will not need a has beens season

[​IMG]