Whatevar's Top 50 R&B Albums 2000-09

Discussion in 'R&B & Hip Hop' started by Whatevar, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Win_the_game

Win_the_game User

These 3 are the exact ones I'm talking about. They're all varying degrees of meh.

2. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

5. Fearless
    Jazmine Sullivan

(2008)

[​IMG]

US Chart Peak: #6

Debut album from American R&B singer-songwriter Jazmine Sullivan, featuring production from Missy Elliott, Stargate, Wyclef Jean and Salaam Remi. It's reminiscent of Lauryn Hill's album is many ways. She earned 5 Grammy Awards nominations in 2009 but didn't win any. "Need U Bad" was released as the lead single, reaching #37 in the US. This was followed by "Bust Your Windows", which went a few places better to #31 and is Sullivan's most successful single. The beautiful "Lions, Tigers & Bears" was released as the third single, but stalled at #74 in the US. Fourth single "Dream Big" missed the Hot 100 and failed to make an impact in the UK. "In Love with Another Man" was released as the fifth single, 5 months after the video (!) so failed to chart. Anyway, I think she is amazing and hope the next album is as good.

"Dream Big" video
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo3DR0jDsLU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo3DR0jDsLU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Bust Your Windows" video
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/szE8MOrSWsA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/szE8MOrSWsA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  3. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

OMG THEY ARE NOT

Come A Little Closer in particular is fucking gorgeous!

4. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

To be fair to dear old Mo, she does know her Brandy shit. She knew all the words at the concert. It was Bev and Suomi who were struggling to keep up.

5. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

4. The Emancipation Of Mimi
    Mariah Carey

(2005)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

UK Chart Peak: #7
    US Chart Peak: #1

The 10th studio album by my idol and icon of our time - and a very special album for any Mariah fan. It seems funny to think that she's released 2 albums since this one launched her back into superstardom. As we all know, it won 3 Grammy Awards in 2006, after debuting at #1 in the US with her highest first-week sales ever, and became the biggest selling album of 2005 (and her best-selling album in the U.S. since Daydream ten years earlier). There's a lot of info on individual tracks on Wikipedia which is quite an interesting read:

For the first song, Carey turned to Kanye West, whom she had known for years but had never collaborated with. They began to work on melodic ideas for the song "Stay the Night" over an instrumental track by West, and Carey discovered that the song they had written was in a complex key signature and would need a lot of vocal belting. She decided to keep the key. Carey has described the song as "very much a vocal performance ... but it's organic to the song and to the nature of the feeling we were going for. It's kind of like giving you an old-schoolish, Jackson 5-type vibe, so I was happy with that."

For years Carey had known and wanted to work with The Neptunes, who allow artists to co-write with them but not to co-produce; they believe they have a unique balance of production that is disturbed by others. Carey reluctantly decided to give up her production rights for the first time in fourteen years, and one of the songs spawned from this partnership was "Say Somethin'". When at the recording studio, Carey discovered that rapper Snoop Dogg was working in the next room, and she invited him to rap/sing on the record. "Say Somethin'" was originally slated to be one of the first singles from the album, but Carey did not feel comfortable with its release, often describing the song as "very Pharrell." But she maintained that its composition was "just a really cool experience ... he took me to a different place that I wouldn't naturally go but I could go." Carey and The Neptunes also created "To the Floor," which features rapper Nelly; according to Carey, he was in a recording studio next to her and came over to record vocals for it.

Carey had worked regularly with writing partners Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis since "Rainbow" (1999). Despite the fact that the sales of the Carey albums to which they had contributed had been lower than those of her previous albums, she wanted to work with them again. Because no time could be arranged for the three to meet, they sent their junior partner, James "Big Jim" Wright, to work with Carey. Wright had co-produced and co-written a few songs on Carey's previous albums with Jam and Lewis, but this was the first time he was her main creative partner. Although Carey had previously worked with live instruments before, she had never explored their use. With Wright, she decided to create a song using no synthesizers, but instead with live instruments and background vocals that gave, in her words, "an old-school type vibe ... that organic kind of feel, like basically we were going for a somewhat retro, urban record that wasn't overly produced." As with that song (which was titled "Circles"), Carey recorded the track "I Wish You Knew" with live instruments, but sung off riffs of live guitars and other instruments. A "live" audience and spoken section was added to the song because Carey, who felt that the track was very similar to "Circles," wanted to evoke "old-school kind of Diana Ross moments, of like a live concert where she'll just break down a song and start talking."

Before Carey and Wright called it a night, Carey devised the main melody and lyrics of the chorus of the gospel-influenced "Fly like a Bird," and Wright laid down the song's chord structure. Carey, who asked her pastor, Clarence Keaton, to speak on the track, named the song as her favourite from the album. She believed that the song's spiritual message was "really important to include on the album," and chose it as the album's closing track because she felt "it kind of leaves you on a spiritual high moment."

The original version of "Your Girl" featured a rap by N.O.R.E. Carey characterised the song as "one of those happy, uptempo records but it's still giving you kind of, very thugged out moments cause that's kinda, Scram Jones' thing," adding that "most of my friends who are singers really love it."

As she had done with Wright, Carey wanted to explore music with R&B roots that were organic, yet soulful. She exchanged riffs with songwriter and producer James Poyser at the piano until "Mine Again" was created. Carey declared the song "the power ballad of this record ... it's a very big vocal moment, a big vocal performance ... one of those kind of like, break your heart songs, make you get together with your ex."

Mariah later flew down to Atlanta to work with Jermaine Dupri, her friend and creative partner of over ten years. To start off, Dupri produced an instrumental track that sounded similar to Usher's "Confessions Part II", and Carey began singing melodies over the beat and writing lyrics to accompany it. Dupri then suggested for the song's hook "I gotta get away," but Carey thought the song would be better with the lyrics "I gotta shake it off." Carey said the song "Shake It Off" is "definitely one of my favorite songs...when you're going through some drama, and you just wanna get through it, you put that song on and it just takes you out of whatever mood you're in." Carey heard an instrumental track Dupri had created for his forthcoming album that sampled "Just an Illusion" by Imagination, and Dupri asked her to sing her version of the song. Carey was reluctant to create another song that used a sample, and it was felt that her vocals lacked something that Dupri's had. She then decided to make a duet with Dupri singing the chorus and her speaking/rapping the verse, thus creating "Get Your Number." Carey said, "a lot of people like it cause it's very, giving you kind of like a 'Fantasy' type-feeling."

With two songs co-written and co-produced with Dupri and her album nearly complete, Carey was satisfied with her output. Though "Say Somethin'" had been selected as the album's first single, Antonio Reid sent Carey back to Atlanta. The club scene of the city inspired "It's like That," and Carey said "I just wanted a record that was really fun, really like for the clubs and just for the people who were getting ready to go out at night; one of those really let-your-hair-down, just have a good time, this is my night type of thing." Two songs were written on Carey's second journey back to Atlanta, the second being "We Belong Together." Carey, who has described the song as "'One Sweet Day' meets 'Breakdown'," felt it was "a really heartfelt ballad that I think people can really relate to, even though it's like a very specific story, I think that everybody can probably apply it to their own lives."

Singles:

It's Like That (#4)
    We Belong Together (#2)
    Shake It Off/Get Your Number (#9)
    Don't Forget About Us (#11)
    Say Somethin' (#27)
    So Lonely Feat. Twista (US #114)
    Fly Like A Bird (US #104)
    Mine Again

Her best live performance of "We Belong Together"
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7K-iZNqoUhE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7K-iZNqoUhE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Don't Forget About Us" - literally bursting out of her dress
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/erV5OaPPJVo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/erV5OaPPJVo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

ICONIC

7. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

TEOM Top 5:

1. Fly Like a Bird - best Mariah song of the decade IMO
    2. Say Somethin'
    3. We Belong Together
    4. Stay the Night
    5. Mine Again

8. dUb

dUb X HALLE

For some reason I have always retrospectively considered Full Moon to be LIMP but its downtempo numbers are absolutely the best of her career (special mentions to He Is and Come A Little Closer). I think it's the faster ones that let the whole set down really.

I tried with Jazmine but couldn't really get into her. And that Youtube clip that has been somehow held up as evidence of her being a good singer is really really fucking painful to sit through. Bitch needs to learn some restraint. But Whatev I know you know your stuff so I will give her another chance some day.

9. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Oh and just For The Record, there is no pretence involved in Mo's Brandy appreciation.

She had Never Say Never on cassette so don't get it twisted.

10. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

OMG THAT IS THE WORST USHER ALBUM. 8701 on the other hand is brilliant.

11. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Dream Big was such a smash hit that never was :(

12. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

3. Human
    Brandy

(2008)

[​IMG]

US Chart Peak: #15

I can't believe someone described this album as a "let down" earlier. Her fifth album was also her first on the Epic Records label, and saw her reunite with long-time collaborator Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins. However, for whatever reason - perhaps people just aren't ready to buy a murderer's music yet - it became the lowest-charting album of her career in the US, even though lead single "Right Here (Departed)" scored Brandy her biggest chart success since 2002's "Full Moon". Only one other single, "Long Distance", was released, but failed to make any impact. "Piano Man" was muted as the next release but it never happened. The album as a whole is so slick and the songs are consistently strong with Brandy's trademark vocal arrangements. "Camouflage" and "1st & Love" are among my favourite tracks, but there really isn't a single bad song to be found. Bizarrely, she embarked on a European tour long after this album was dead and buried, which I was so excited to get tickets for, and then so massively crushed when I realised she had lip-syched the majority of the show. I honestly don't know where she goes from here. At the moment she spends her time rambling on twitter and posting odd videos of her singing into her bathroom mirror on youtube. I hope she can GET A GRIP and make her way back to her rightful place as the #5 diva in the game.

Singles:
    "Right Here (Departed)" (US #34)
    "Long Distance" (US #124) :daf:

"Right Here (Departed)" Live @ Tyra Banks
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDvG7_GjvGs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDvG7_GjvGs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"1st & Love"
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoP6X48FvKQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoP6X48FvKQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

There was a time when you would've been all over that clip.

The album is not anything like that really. Just Spotify it FFS.

14. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

Fearless is AMAZING. Some of her songwriting is just so so wonderful - its been a while since I've connected with an urban album so much. The vocal on 'Bust Your Windows' is gorgeous.

15. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

2. Stripped
    Christina Aguilera

(2002)

[​IMG]

UK Chart Peak: #2
    US Chart Peak: #2

I love Xtina and I don't care what you think. Behind Mariah Carey, she is probably my favourite singer. With this, her second English language studio album, Aguilera took creative control for the first time, co-writing fourteen songs. She was also involved in the production of the record, which was mainly produced by Scott Storch and Linda Perry. She won a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance ("Beautiful"). While there are a range of styles on the album, it is predominantly made up of great R&B songs; from classy soul ballads like "Walk Away", "Loving Me 4 Me" and "Impossible" to tougher, rougher, slutty hip-hop tracks like "Dirrty", "Can't Hold Us Down" and "Get Mine, Get Yours". Skip "Make Over" and press stop after "The Voice Within", and you have a very credible, enjoyable album full of well-crafted, superbly sung songs. As much as I love Lady Gaga, I do feel sorry for Xtina that she has been so swiftly made redundant by her. I really hope she can come back strong and shut all the haters up.

Singles:
    "Dirrty" Feat. Redman (#1)
    "Beautiful" (#1)
    "Fighter" (#3)
    "Can't Hold Us Down" Feat. Lil' Kim (#6)
    "The Voice Within" (#9)

ICONIC "Can't Hold Us Down" video
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1znOcx5fu9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1znOcx5fu9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

"Get Mine, Get Yours" Live
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWkzavlcGuk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWkzavlcGuk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

YAY ME 2 I want to smash my man's windscreen every time I put it on.

17. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Oh I LOVE Stripped! Great album.

18. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

I want her to as well

I loved Stripped-era Chrissy

She was like a Whitney-Gaga-Madonna hybrid and it was fabulous

19. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Stripped was really a proper breakthrough for Christina, an amazing album campaign that was. I don't love it QUITE as much as I used to but still I'd rather listen to the album tracks than some of the singles. "Walk Away" in particular, is just absolutely stunning and actually uses her vocals to chilling effect.

Here's to hoping her next 20 track opus comes anywhere close.

20. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

E=MC2 for #1? :o

21. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

1. E=MC²
    Mariah Carey

(2008)

[​IMG]

UK Chart Peak: #3
    US Chart Peak: #1

So the #1 R&B album of the decade is Mariah's eleventh studio album, which debuted at #1 in the US with 463,000 copies sold, making it the biggest opening week of her career and her sixth #1 album. The first single, "Touch My Body", became her 18th US #1, but her good luck soon ran out. Despite having a handful of potential singles to choose from, they went with the insipid ballad "Bye Bye" as the second single, in a desperate bid to capitalise on people's grief at losing loved ones. I wish they had been gutsy enough to ignore wankers like Perez Hilton and to put out "Migrate" or "Side Effects", one of the darker tracks. By the time they got round to releasing a surefire hit, "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time", the damage had been done, nobody was interested anymore, least of all in another beach/swimwear video, and the whole project folded. Not even SOUL BALLAD OF THE DECADE "I Stay In Love", promoted with a string of, erm, charming live performances, could revive the album's fortunes. What was really refreshing about this album - bear with me here - was that FOR ONCE she had managed to construct a genuine, decent, perhaps even credible, R&B album without pandering to what she or the record company or the radio stations THOUGHT the fans wanted or needed to hear: 90s ballads, a watered-down Pop sample, live instrumentation, a tragic 80s cover... it was really only the few JD tracks that let the album down, but I think they sounded worse than they were in amongst such strong competition. For me, this is Mariah's best album since Butterfly; her most consistent, cohesive, authentic effort in years. I just hope she can better it in the near future. I won't hold my breath.

Singles:
    "Touch My Body" (#5)
    "Bye Bye" (#30)
    "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" (#84)
    "I Stay In Love" (#95)

The legendary "Touch My Body" Live @ GMA performance
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGfyaVpC8jQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGfyaVpC8jQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"I Stay In Love" Live @ AMAs
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls1GS4TGdW8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ls1GS4TGdW8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

22. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

DON'T ALL COMMENT AT ONCE.

23. Loufoque

I still love E=MC

The highs are SO SO HIGH

Migrate, Touch My Body, Side Effects, I'm That Chick, I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time are some of the best tracks of her entire career. Even the second-tier stuff like For The Record, I Stay In Love, Bye Bye, I Wish You Well and O.C.C. is as good as most of the stuff from Emancipation

The JD tracks really are BAD though and the whole campaign/no voice thing really tainted the whole thing. She's been a lot of likeable as a person and as a vocalist through the Memoirs era...

24. Loufoque

Anyway AMAZING COUNTDOWN

I lived 4 it

25. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

ThanxLou

26. Jark

Jark User

Sol-Angel - CRAP album but she's definitely an artist with potential to make something amazing. For me though besides I Decided (FREEMASONS) and Sandcastle Disco, both of which are spectacular, it's just full of filler and that jazzy sound which was overdone in 2007 is really grating. There's an amazing ethereal version of God Given Name remixed by Soulshock & Karlin which you really need to hear if you haven't already though. MILES better than the album version.

Destiny Fulfilled - Amazing. By far the best DC album. Faves are Bad Habit (how she got a solo song on there I'll never know) and all of the singles but it's incredibly consistent.

I Am... Sasha Fierce - Well it would never make a list of mine because it contains at least three absolute monstrosities and is very overblown but obviously in parts it's iconic. I do wish the UK had seen a release of Radio rather than Sweet Dreams.

The Way It Is - Okay I absolutely love Keyshia but this album is all very blandy bland. Absolutely nothing on Just Like You (and what parts of that were hit-chasing? It's a very chilled out, downtempo sort of affair throughout).

The High Road - Anything, TLTL, Let It Rain, Coming For You are all great and it's a very solid album. Nothing quite as spectacular as Leave but then that's what happens when you unleash such a BEAST so early on in your career. The single choices really were fucking retarded for this though; Anything needed a video (though it got UK top 20 without) and How To Touch A Girl is 100% revolting.

B'Day - Now not long ago I would have scoffed at this and I still don't think it would make any list of mine but for what it is, which is mostly very light, fluffy and throwaway urban-pop, it's very good. I lived for Freakum Dress for some time and Kitty Kat is a lyrical masterpiece (not that the bitch had ANY hand in it, whatever the credits say). However there are some gigantic turds like Get Me Bodies (SO BAD) and on same days I cannot stand Ring The Alarm (on others I turn up the volume and re-enact the video).

Songs In A Minor - I'm quite the big Alicia fan but I really need to aquaint myself better with this album. I've listened a few times and I do enjoy but nothing seems to come close to the sheer majesty of Fallin'.

Southern Hummingbird - Amazing title and cover. I've yet to play the album but Oops is a genuine classic and Smoking Cigarettes is utterly charming so it's on my list.

Memoirs - I've stated many times how much I love this and I'm so very glad that somebody else is enjoying an Inseperable love-in. It is LOVELY. The first three songs are an amazing opening trio too. I wonder if Betcha Gon' Know really WILL be continued though? :disco:

Afrodisiac - The title track is easily one of my favourite R&B songs ever (I did a countdown on here and if I'm right it made #2) - SO smooth, so slick, so sexy). However as with Songs In A Minor I've yet to really fall for the album because I can't be arsed to immerse myself in it. I really should - her voice is heavenly. I love all the layers she uses.

Diary Of Alicia Keys - Now I do prefer As I Am (and in turn, Element Of Freedom - she gets even better with every release) but this certainly has its moments. Karma is incredible and I live for that DIVA moment in Heartburn - "count to fiiiive Alicia, and I'm gon' BE ALRIGHT." Amazing.

Fearless - When was a song EVER so let down by a video as Bust Your Windows? Anyway this is quite a terrific album, a couple of filler tracks (I never got Need U Bad at all and In Love With Another Man is a case of BORE ME (YAWN) to quote the terrifying Fantasia, but for several weeks this year when I finally discovered the girl I was living for the beautiful After The Hurricane - Stargate genericorama and I don't care one bit. Switch is also a RIOT.

Emancipation Of Mimi - I think I've written essays on this before but nothing whatsoever comes close to the sheer wonder of this album. It's simply the perfect comeback album and the ultimate diva record. Not a single song which isn't great (prior to the re-release) and a plethora of anthems which could all have been staples at radio. My favourite remains One & Only (sorry Lou) but it really is all just the tits.

Human - I do believe Right Here was my favourite song of last year. WHAT a comeback single. Astounding. The album is very good in the main - highlights for me are Piano Man, Shattered Heart and Fall. I can see why some people were underwhelmed because it was veering into MOR territory and lacking in 'edge' but the songs were great. It upsets me that she's ditched Darkchild for her next album and is rumoured to be on Timbaland's label because she has much better chemistry with Rodney (and he isn't STALE AS FUCK like Timbaland).

Stripped - I NEVER got the hype. This is just jammed with filler. I'm not denying that Can't Hold Us Down and Fighter are sensational but the rest can fuck off, especially that Overload rip-off which I'm still outraged about six years on. :D Strangely though I utterly love her as a person despite the fact that she's a blatant cunt and I'm completely amped for her next album.

E=MC2 - Fucking shit really. I do enjoy a fair few of the songs but my god, it's all so TEPID. An album of retreads without the VOICE or the HOOKS. You know it's bad when For The Record (which is very nice but utterly half-baked) is the best ballad on there. Also Migrate is not all that at all (Side Effects did the same thing better and then Obsessed came along and Migrated MIGRATED OUT OF HERE). It's strange really - for most artists this would be a really enjoyable, fairly strong album but this is MARIAH - she's capable of infinitely better (and produced the goods barely a year on).

27. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

Are you the straight one?

28. Loufoque

Can't you tell by that post?

Those OPS could have come straight out of NUTS MAGAZINE :disco:

29. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Where's Never Say Never? Did I just miss it...?!

:o

30. Loufoque

As a MASSIVE BRANDY FAN you would know NSN was released in NINETY EIGHT

31. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Oh YEAH

I forgot about this decade shit. It's a shame because it would obviously be number 1.

It's the album that first made me feel true disgust at my own race (like those girls on the Tyra show).

32. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

YESS

Working out my vox to this at present

33. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

:o Oh .. i thought you would have featured Gemma Fox .. think you're about the only other person who owns it.

34. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

It was on my original list Superstylin' love, but it didn't make the final cut. :(

35. Medford

Medford User

The top selling albums in Canada compiled from a national sample of retail store and mass merchants' reports collected, compiled, and provided by Nielsen SoundScan.

36. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

YEAH THANKS

37. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

I actually really liked this countdown and I'm quite surprised by how many I own.

Of course the JoJo and Bev Knight inclusions made it lose credibility somewhat but I suppose you must have that in every countdown.

Also, where is Hard Candy? Surely it's the 73rd best R&B album of all time :disco:

38. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

39. loomer

loomer User

B'DAY TOO DAMN LOW :al:

Well I'm glad E=MC2 was higher than Mimi. And fair enough to the overblown Stripped - it has some good album tracks.

I was also hoping Hard Candy might make it, given some of the selections :D

40. Red One

Red One PLEASE KEISHA NO!

And where the HELL are Danity Kane in all of this?!