Which VPN should I get?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Kalabaliken, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

So I have been thinking about getting a VPN. I want one so I can stream some shows and watch content outside of the UK - there is US-specific content on Netflix I want to watch (all those 90s black comedies) and also stuff on SVT (Sweden) and other European broadcasters. So I have been recommended to get a VPN. I am not bothered about cost, I want the BEST and most reliable one with the best features. Can anyone recommend one?

2. ZenGiraffe

ZenGiraffe Ano Esuriit

Depending on what you are trying to do, I quite liked ExpressVPN. I applied it directly to my router so my whole flat is considered to be in the target country, which makes it much easier to cast things like SVT onto the TV. Netflix is tricky though because they play whack-a-mole with VPNs to block them, but it has tons of mirrors for regions and the US in particular so I was always able to find one that worked.

I found I didn't need a VPN much though so I am now on Surfshark, which at the time was the cheapest, and a quick google suggests it still is.

3. Win_the_game

Win_the_game User

I use NordVPN.

Not too sure what features it has - I only use it to access Rai/Italian tv on my laptop and phone and it always works.

KindaCool likes this.
  4. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

I agree with WTG. Nord is quite reliable.

5. ButterTart

ButterTart Didn't we have fun?

I use Nord. Safe, reliable and doesn’t break the bank.
    Using international Netflix used to be a proper ball ache but they’ve streamlined that now.