Whitney Houston - "I Look To You" (the LONG AWAITED new album)

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Floella, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Floella

Floella HER FUCKING HIGHNESS

[​IMG]

ALSO, more reviews of the new album. The first from some blog and the second from those fine purveyors of music at the Daily Mirror.

1. Million Dollar Bill - reminds me of a summer track like Janet Jackson's The Best Things In Life Are Free. It was pure smile factor and a real feel good anthem. Vocals were ace.

2. Nuthin But Love - Produced by danger (sic) (sick) and wasn't finished in it's entirety. It's up tempo and really has that perfect Whitney vocal. Her vocal qualities are really shown off on this one.

3. Call You Tonight - This track is huge - very catchy chorus and produced by the award winning Stargate. I liked this one more than most.

4. I Didn't Know My Own Strength - Written by Diane Warren this reminded me of Spice Girls track Headlines in a way. :manson: Clive Davis told the audience that Whitney had chosen this song because it was at a time when Whitney had first discovered that she had become a strong single mother.

5. Like I Never Left (feat. Akon) - This track was described as a pure island track. It's fine if you like Akon - but personally he makes me want o poke needles in my head. It's a good song for radio though. But not her finest hour.

6. For The Lovers - The last track that the star has been working on - it was only finished last weekend apparently and needs some tinkering but it's a good track too. Full of attitude.

7. I Look To You - Penned by R Kelly I think this one's a grower. Her vocals are in good shape for this one but the lyrics are not the most amazing ever. It's an OK track but still seems to miss a little magic for me.

8. Worth It - Produced by Eric Hudson. This is smooth and silky pure R+B. It's a good album track but not a single. It reminded me of an En Vogue cast off. In a good way.

9. A Song For You - This is pure pop and a total GAY style gay anthem. It made the entire room want to jump up and remember the days when I'm Every Woman was in the charts. It'll be a fans favourite and she sounds awesome. :disco::disco::disco:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAILY MIRROR

Million Dollar Bill: Written by Alicia Keys, this opens with trademark Whitney hollers then moves to a bass-heavy 70s vibe. "If he don't make you feel like a million dollar bill say uh oh oh," declares our gal. :black: Too right. 4/5

Nutin' But Love: Slammin' synth-laden R&B with a Kanye-esque rap makes Whitney sound thoroughly Noughties but unlike anything else around. Potential huge club record. My choice for first single. 5/5

Call You Tonight: Produced by Stargate this is a safe mid-tempo R&B number planned to be the first release. I'd like to see them be more adventurous. 3/5

I Didn't Know My Own Strength: Strings? Check. Emotive lyrics? Check. Key change? Check. Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh would wrestle each other to nab this Diane Warren-penned power ballad for Leona/Westlife. 5/5

Like I Never Left: Writer and duet partner Akon infuses a Caribbean feel. Grab a daiquiri and soak in a sunshine vibe. 3/5

For The Lovers: Hotter than petrol chucked on an open flame, this is another banger that shows Whitney can rival Rihanna and all the young pretenders to her throne. 5/5 :horny:

I Look To You: Who knew R Kelly could write a classy slowie without the need to make it saucy? 4/5

Worth It:
    Generic R&B filler. 2/5 HATE THIS CRAP ALREADY

A Song For You: A remake of The Carpenters' tune with a Stargate sparkle that'll send camp discos into a tizzy. 3/5 :disco::disco::disco:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. POP!

POP! Across that county line

I can hardly CONTAIN my excitement :disco:

3. POP!

Are there really only 9 songs or is this is what they are sending in the promos?

4. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

OH MY GAYZ :disco:

I cannot wait for Mill Dollar Bill (Sign The Divorce Papers)

Nuthin' But Love is my favourite track. I have already given it 17 fantasy plays on iTunes

5. POP!

The lyric the Daily Mirror printed for "Mill Dollar Bill" sounds like 'Single Ladies' part deux

6. funky

funky INCAPABLE

"Like I Never Left" can FUCK RIGHT OFF though. I'm tempted to only buy the digital version and not the CD all because of that one song. I need to know I can delete it as soon as I've bought it and never have to listen to it again

7. Floella

Pop! - She's on the final stretch of recording right now. Some of those tracks played in London were still demos/unmastered (e.g. For The Lovers).

I've decided to refrain from any sexual activity until I first hear A Song For You, upon which I expect to initiate a tsunami of jizz all over the United Kingdom.

8. POP!

And I like "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" now :shy:

SORRY

9. Loufoque

Can we please split album talk into a thread called WHITNEY HOUSTON - I LOOK TO YOU

As a DIVAS forum we need a full range of topics for the DIVA ORIGINALE (that's DIVA ORIGINALÉ to you VoR)

10. funky

funky INCAPABLE

for all your album chatter right here, folks

let's LOON UP

11. Floella

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT OT MOMENT:

OMG LOU - I just read your Moopyrate scores. The moment truly felt like this (complete with spastic slur)

FYI - You play the part of Ms Christina in this roleplay ensemble. Our third wheel dub is played by Michelle Williams looking agog.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t29et1mcmm0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t29et1mcmm0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IN YOUR FACE BITCHES

12. henZ

henZ do you love it?

I can't believe I am getting excited for a Whitney Houston album! As I am only 21 I have NEVER tried this before!

13. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

Do you know what? Even I'M excited and will SO purchase this on the day of release

Nippy FOREVER :disco: (and yes that was a thinly veiled dig at the OBESE one)

14. PGCMc

PGCMc R.I.P Nippy

Not fussed on Like I Never Left either but it sounds like they've beefed it up. Probably alright as track #11 on her album.

15. Jake

Jake On A Mission

AGREED

16. Loufoque

:D

"You have done the best rendition of Run To You

BESIDES MYSELF

*BAM*

I LOVE YOU WHITNEY/FLOELLA

17. Suedey

That little PRISSY WHORE Christina should LICK the GROUND QUEEN NIPPY WALKS ON :evil:

18. POP!

Do you not own any Whitney Houston albums? :o

19. henZ

henZ do you love it?

WHAT! WHAT! OH!!!

20. henZ

henZ do you love it?

Yes of course, but let's face it, Just Whitney wasn't exactly worth getting excited over, and I was too young when My Love Is Your Love came out to truly *get* it (I do now though!)

21. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

Is "A Song for you" the one she sang at the Welcome Home Heroes concert years ago?

22. funky

funky INCAPABLE

COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY (and yet totally necessary) Whitney album rank:

1. My Love Is Your Love
    2. Whitney
    3. Whitney Houston
    4. I'm Your Baby Tonight
    5. Just Whitney
    6. Preacher's Wife

never listened to the Christmas one and you can't count Bodyguard, sorry

23. henZ

henZ do you love it?

"Whitney", "Whitney Houston", "Just Whitney"... She is almost as creative in naming her albums as Barbra!

24. Loufoque

OMG I am SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL IN A NIPPY FRENZY :disco::disco::disco:

I just made it through the Pumpin' Dolls mix of Same Script Different Cast and feel like I've been TRIPLE PENETRATED

25. POP!

I recall doing this very recently but anyway:

1. I'm Your Baby Tonight
    2. Whitney Houston
    *quite a gap*
    3. Whitney
    4. Bodyguard O.S.T
    *bigger gap*
    5. Just Whitney
    6. My Love is Your Love

Haven't heard the other two sountracks

26. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

1 I'm your baby tonight
    2 Whitney
    3 My love is your love
    4 Whitney Houston
    5 Just Whitney
    6 The Preacher's wife
    7 One wish

27. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I'm not ready to dive head first into a Whitney listening frenzy, not while the death of MJ and the quite glorious return of Maxwell is still dominating proceedings in the house of Funk.

This bitch needs total musical control. I'll give it another couple of weeks and then sweep everyone aside for the BIG RETURN :black:

28. Suedey

I WANT to get into a Nippy FRENZY but the other thread is swaying me towards QUEEN CELINE

29. POP!

The bitch can't SONG WRITE though

30. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I meant musical control IN MY BEDROOM

31. funky

funky INCAPABLE

also I have no interest in listening to haters talk about airbrushing. That cover is absolutely SENSATIONAL :disco:

32. PGCMc

PGCMc R.I.P Nippy

1. I'm Your Baby Tonight
    2. Just Whitney
    3. Whitney
    4. Whitney Houston
    5. My Love Is Your Love
    6. The Preachers Wife

By the sounds of the newie it could be heading for my #2 :disco: I doubt it'll knock IYBT of it perch.

33. Loufoque

I'm onto Whatchulookinat

It's TIME FOR YOU TO STRIKE BACK
    They're LOOKING AT YOU

:disco:

I totally want to get up and shake my finger in my flatmate's face (I HATE HIM FYI)

34. Suedey

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T6JjQ2Zo4wI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T6JjQ2Zo4wI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nobody can rock LIME/FROG GREEN like our Nippy :disco:

35. Loufoque

COME ON SUEDY

Has Celine ever does THIS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_tI0OEENOs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_tI0OEENOs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

36. Suedey

What a FAT SLUT Mariah is even BACK THEN

37. funky

funky INCAPABLE

who CARES whether you hate him, do it ANYWAY

38. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

this is not the official album cover after all then? I AM BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED

[​IMG]

I must admit on the new (official) cover her eyebrows disturb me somewhat, they look as if somebody has smeared them on with a thin coating of varnish. I like the album title a lot though.

39. henZ

henZ do you love it?

We found out a long time ago that that is a doctored photo of Tyra Banks with Whitney's face stuck on it

The new album cover is much better.

40. POP!

I thought it was actually Naomi Campbell's body