Whitney Houston - "I Look To You" (the LONG AWAITED new album)

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Floella, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Oprah's arched foot is screaming Bitch back the fuck off

2. dabbler

dabbler User

I'm not that bothered about the interview, I just want a good performance from her. We all know her worst performances were during her darker days, so if she is truly better then it will translate in the performance.

3. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

For the Lovers is today's Popjustice Song of the Day

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  4. POP!

POP! Across that county line

CHART DATE: 09/07/2009
    LAST UPDATE: 09/08/2009 10:33:29
    NOW IN: 54.02%

LW TW artist / album label power index
    -- 1 WHITNEY HOUSTON ARISTA/RMG 266,314
    I LOOK TO YOU

I wonder if it will reach 400,000 afterall

5. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

Are Popjustice saying that M$B is shit? :o

6. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

yes, they have been

as for us sales, go whitney!

7. dabbler

dabbler User

Now confirmed on RTL as #1 in Germany and she's still got her Wetten Dass performance in October yet. If she gets to #1 in the UK (unlikely) she'll complete the Big 3 (US, UK and Germany).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. Slave

Slave User

Do you not think she could sneak one week before Alexandra Burke's album? If she performs on the X Factor the week before (presumably the reason they've held the album back for so long), Robbie Williams, Leona, Alexandra, JLS, Susan Boyle and Sugababes are all scheduled for release later in the month or in November.

9. dabbler

dabbler User

HDD say she sold 301k for #1.

10. [insert your best offer here]

[insert your best offer here] User

First #1 album since Bodyguard for her here :disco:

11. Floella

Floella HER FUCKING HIGHNESS

If she can get to #1 throughout Europe with no promotion or hit single, I would say a UK #1 is a reasonable target considering they clearly have some special things planned for us...

Get the braindeads on board, get the ageing gays ( :( ) on board and everything is FINE AND DANDY.

12. Floella

Did anyone else buy the import then? Why the hell is it priced the same as a regular album. Idiotic.

I have dusted off my HI-FI for the first time in months, and For The Lovers is blowing the ceiling off. My speakers are throbbing. This is a moment.

13. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

I ordered mine from CDWow last week so should be getting it any day now, couldn't be arsed waiting until Oct.

14. lilpeach82

lilpeach82 ~holla~

<div><object width="480" height="291" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xag0zh_preview_people"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xag0zh_preview_people" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="291" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><br /></div>

15. Floella

Ooh I just started a new thread. This is a monumental event.

16. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I am quite annoyed at this whole waiting another month for the album in the UK. AS IF people are going to wait that long now that the Oprah clips are out there and she's getting global coverage. HMV are selling the US copy on import in all the stores on priority shelving for 10.99 - talk about pissing on the fire, this is going to eat into her first week UK sales greatly.

I know they have to time things in with publicity, but they could have put the album out now and saved the single release until her UK appearances. The comeback story + airplay of M$B would have been enough to secure her a #1 album ANYWAY

Ugh who runs the labels these days anyway. Bunch of idiots.

17. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I think it will have a HUGE debut here post X Factor (which is surely the main reason for the delay). Releasing it then makes more sense than releasing it now I think.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  18. Jark

Jark User

To release it now would be stupid. Once an album sinks it's VERY hard to reignite interest typically; why release it before the video for Mill is even out? She may be #16 on UK airplay but that's plays from commercial and local radio, not Radio 1 or anywhere that has major influence over sales. They'll barely lose any sales from the import; most people won't pay £11 for starters and HMV is only one store which covers less than 25% (I think?) of total album sales.

19. funky

funky INCAPABLE

sorry Jark but I don't agree with a single thing you said there...

of course it is. It's more common these days to release an album before a single. especially with an album that doesn't need a single to sell, if the momentum or the story is there (of which Whitney has both). She's been out for years, people are going to get the album when they can and most if not all of moopy for instance have already done that. Not to mention the fact that albums reclimb the charts ALL the time. There's about six or seven in the current Top 20 doing that just now. James Morrison, Florence & The Machine, Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Pink all spring to mind

no - her #16 is almost completely from airplay on Radio 2, which is where she can rely on a very large core of her audience, especially considering the sheer volume of listeners.

erm that's £1 more than most new release albums? :confused: you think £1 is going to stop all the fans who would frontload first week sales from not buying it now?

HMV won't be the only store selling the import. The album is out there, one way or another. People are going to purchase it.

Yes it'll still be huge and there are the mainstream casual fans who will respond to X Factor, but they could have had a big first week now, AND a bump in October.

20. POP!

POP! Across that county line

Some radio interviews:

V-103
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-elB8EoZe8c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-elB8EoZe8c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tom Joyner
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNGlqNSE-Mc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNGlqNSE-Mc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ryan Seacrest interview
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NU0UNKOJ

21. Floella

So Whitney virtually confirms a BOBBI KRISSY album will happen in the future. She likes lyric too. :disco:

February 2010 tour! No way that is happening so soon.

22. Floella

Alexandra Berk is now releasing her album the same day as Whitney.

23. loomer

loomer User

I hate that ugly twat. Or her face at least anyway.

24. Laquisha Jones

Laquisha Jones Banned

Glad you agree. Her face is BRUCKED.

25. loomer

loomer User

I can't see a suitable thread, but I LOVE this recent youtube discovery

From her golden angle era. I love AC jazz Whitney. It's almost as good as "Memories"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uz8bu1R_iJ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uz8bu1R_iJ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

26. Loufoque

Those radio interviews are fire

I love that she still has the cracky laugh

DJ: I'd like to see PAULA PATTEN playing you
    Whitney: WHO?
    DJ: Robin Thicke's wife
    *SILENCE*
    Whitney: OH REALLY

:D

27. [insert your best offer here]

[insert your best offer here] User

I hope it hasn't been posted yet..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nXczuq78kQ&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nXczuq78kQ&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

28. dabbler

dabbler User

The woman's face at 8-9 seconds is hilarious. Beats those rubbish gai's at Mariah's performance in the front row.

29. Loufoque

"I'm not NEW TO THIS GAME
    I'm TRUE TO THIS GAME
    YaknowwhatI'msayin"

:disco:

30. toadsicle

toadsicle User

another 140-150k sold this week. back up to #2 and now eligible for a gold disc. should pass just whitney's sales within the next 2-3 weeks!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  31. Red One

Red One PLEASE KEISHA NO!

I've found a video of what appears to be Whitney in 10 years if she hadn't SHOOK THE CRACK...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0r7kZRrw10k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0r7kZRrw10k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

32. Red One

Red One PLEASE KEISHA NO!

dp

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  33. dabbler

dabbler User

She has sold 554,000 copies in 3 weeks in the US.

34. Loufoque

Does anyone else smell a DIAMOND CERT or is JUST ME

35. Floella

I did until the hardcore nips started reporting that WORTH IT is the next single.

Seriously, I can't handle TWO abortions in one week. I'm declaring it a vicious rumour until we hear otherwise.

36. Loufoque

They can shut the fuck up with that shit

Whit herself has already come out as a A Song To You fan so I am holding out for a Europe only release for that

Then For The Lovers or Call You Tonight for the US

37. henZ

henZ do you love it?

Am I the only who one loves Like I Never Left?

38. dabbler

dabbler User

"Worth It" is too long and drawn out for radio, so it won't be released unless it's cut down by about 1minute and has a remix. Why bother?

39. Loufoque

I live for it

40. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

when is the single available on uk itunes

this is getting LONG