Who are the most successful queens?

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Ag, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I actually LOVE this shirt but have no money and pretty much no need for it.
    [​IMG]

2. wurst

wurst User

I wonder where the land lies now...post AS3 I genuinely feel like Aja was the real winner - Trixie had a huge career anyway which has stayed at the same pace, whereas Aja's has rocketed. Surely she must be earning more than some winners at the moment.
    Same goes for Courtney, who can probably dine out on being the go-to queen of the UK and Aus for decades to come.

On the other hand, what about previously top-tier queens like Adore and Sharon that seem to slip in demand with every new season that comes...

3. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Sharon never capitalized on her win, that was the season where the show started breaking out and she was a big time winner but it went nowhere.

Adore keeps releasing music and touring and I’m sure she makes good money out of that.

4. Lucille

Lucille User

Bianca must be the breadwinner. Listening to her podcast with Katya, she very much follows the Joan Rivers school of calendar management, she doesn't seem to want any gap in her schedule. She came across very business savvy, she's aware this might not go on forever, so seems to be making as much money now whilst she can. And she ain't playing shitty bars, she's playing 4 1000 capacity venues a week at £30/$50 a ticket.

I can't imagine anyone is pulling in as much coins as her, she must be pocketing $10000 a show, at least 150 shows a year. So with shows alone maybe 1.5million a year? She's obvs benefited from achieving this success older, Sharon is still the most iconic winner of the show, but she invested in meth rather than her career.

Bianca also seems the most likely to truly break the mainstream. There was a petition a few years back asking her to be on SNL, which at the time seemed more than optimistic, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if it happened now.

5. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I seen Bianca last night

It was the first time I have seen her stand up and I was a little bit disappointed. It wasn’t the laugh a minute I was expecting it to be.

She did do a wonderful Q&A at the end where someone asked her “what were you thinking doing Hurricane Bianca” :D

6. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I was tempted by Bianca in Cardiff. But not quite enough.

7. Ag

Ag User

How did she reply?

8. lolly

Has anyone seen Hurricane Bianca 2 yet?

3 is already planned.

9. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

She was a total sport, laughed it off and called the girl who asked the question shady.

She then explained that she was always going to do this before drag race and plugged the second one

10. lolly

I remember reading that the original film was planned before season 6. I guess her win sealed the deal.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm waiting for it to come on Netflix. It's not worth paying money.

12. lolly

Same here. I enjoyed the original in an 'it passed the time' kind of way, but not enough to pay for a sequel.

13. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I'm seeing her Saturday in Brighton

CLEARLY I need a top drawer question...

14. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Sadly the questions only seemed to have been pre-submitted by meet and greeters, and I was too cheap to bother with that nonsense.

15. Sheena

16. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

I REALLY enjoyed Hurricane Bianca!

Alex likes this.
  17. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

I’m going to Montreal next month. Apparently it’s pride week when we’ll be there and Bianca is doing her show. I’m quite TEMPTED.

18. Alex

Alex Go fish

2 is much better than one. Shangela is better used and Katya is fab too, it’s just enjoyable fluff.

19. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Courtney is the most mainstream successful queen, no? Well in the UK and Oz at least. I can't see any of the other queens ever getting a prime time TV show in any country.

20. lolly

I think Courtney has the potential to be. But let's see how that TV show works out first. Only one has been commissioned At the moment, hasn't it?

Because of her success on CBB I'd guess more people in the UK probably know of her than Bianca, but in terms of the £££ Bianca makes from ticket sales, I'd still rank Bianca above her at present.

21. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

It's not entirely impossible. I think it totally depends on the country. It was always a great possibility here, given our heritage of drag on prime time TV. But I mean, even Pakistan has had a drag queen hosting a prime time chat show, so it really isn't out of the realm of possibility for these girls.

22. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Courtney's show is late night with only one episode commissioned, let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Beverley likes this.
  23. Sheena

I saw Bianca last night and I thought she was brilliant. I had the expectation it would be a "drag show" stand up as opposed to a proper stand up and that was pretty much what it was. It was fucking outrageous- some of the jokes were appalling in their taste, but that was obviously part of the draw. I would say she needs to evolve from here, though- a lot of the time the joke just consisted of her shouting "FUCK YOU", but there were snatches of real brilliance.

The funniest line for me was VERY near the knuckle, when she made a joke about AIDS and then said "AIDS IS FUNNY...if you don't have it" which obviously provoked massive laughs and gasps and her follow up was "And if you didn't laugh at that, every person in the row behind you is debating your T-cell count as we speak" and "SO GIGGLE, BITCH" as a follow up. I don't ever remember howling with laughter and grimacing in absolute shock at the same time quite like that, but there you go...

Suedey likes this.
  24. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

It’s Moody-Esque humour. Love it. I’d love to see her live but I have heard similar reviews to yours re: some over reliance on the F bombs.