Will you be buying a Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by dUb, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Will U?

1. YES

36.0%
  2. NO

36.0%
  3. MAYBE

28.0%
  1. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

We really need Friends Codes for the Switch Squad :disco:

2. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

If I can find where they are

3. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I'm still really enjoying Mario, and contemplating whether to go for Doom or LA Noire as my next switch purchase :geek:

4. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

New Donk City <33333333

5. COB

COB Pissbaby

I think it might be one of my favourite areas in a game ever! Mayor Pauline is too iconic for words :disco:

monsta likes this.
  6. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Completed the main story arc on Mario tonight.

It is a gorgeous game and a lot of fun. My only complaint is that I feel like it could have been a bit more difficult.

Anyway looking forward to rummaging around now

7. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

251 moons - cannot be FUCKED getting the other 249 (also incapable) to see what happens at 500 :evil:

8. Mats

Mats User

noob

9. COB

COB Pissbaby

I finished the main story last week and I have SO MANY FEELINGS - I particularly loved the moment when
    you realise you can throw the hat onto Bowser, and the whole part where you play as him. It reminded me so much of the 'shoot at the moon' thing from the end of Portal 2, where the game has given you enough confidence with the mechanics and then presents something, un-signposted, that makes you think "wait... can I?!". Just incredible game design, and then hitting you with a whole new kingdom and loads of end game content on top of everything! I love it so so much. Oh and the hot feminism ending as well :disco:

dUb likes this.
  10. Slave

Slave User

The ending was wonderful but also made no sense whatsoever in terms of Peach’s reaction.

11. COB

COB Pissbaby

I have also purchased my second game - Fast RMX, which is a great Wipeout/F-Zero-esque futuristic racer. It's also £16.99 on the eShop, so unlike pretty much everything else on there I don't feel like it's overpriced :side-eye:

12. Slave

Slave User

I think the eShop is actually very reasonably priced. They often have special offers and yes, the big releases are silly prices but that’s true of Sony and Microsoft as well.

Not quite sure why they’re charging £15.04 for Rocket League :D

13. COB

COB Pissbaby

THE QUEEN RETURNS (exclusively on the Switch along with rereleases of the first two games in the series):

:disco::disco::disco:

14. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Bayo 2 was kind of a disappointment for me in that it was pretty much a by the numbers retread of the original only less fresh and exciting, so I'm not particularly BOWLED OVER (unless Kamiya is involved in this again?). But good to see Ninty getting some more third party exclusives for the platform.

15. COB

COB Pissbaby

Odyssey update - I have finally beaten the boss(es) in the secret special area, so now have access to the new extra difficult moons in said secret special area (as well as a fetching king outfit). I don't have enough moons to unlock the even secreter specialer area yet :(

16. COB

COB Pissbaby

I forgot to do this, but here we are :tongueout:
    [​IMG]

17. COB

COB Pissbaby

I have now unlocked this! It's fucking ROCK SOLID and I can't get anywhere :bruised:

18. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Completed Mario on the most basic level of beating bowser. What an absolute fucking joy.

19. Slave

Slave User

I have been all over Mario Kart 8 again recently. Mainly because I’ve found the perfect vehicle combination and it’s given me half a chance playing online.

20. Slave

Slave User

Also trying VERY hard to get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but thus far it’s really underwhelming compared to the first one.

21. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

On the console itself I think it’s great. The OS is really nice and responsive (hello PS4 :rolleyes:), everything looks fantastic and cohesive and the hardware is far better than I imagined. As said earlier there’s just something about the joycons. It all just works so effortlessly.

22. Slave

Slave User

The big thing this year will be games.

The Switch’s first year line up has been great but the Wii U ports were a bonus. They’ve blown some of their biggest franchises in the first 12 months so they’ll need some big stuff for 2018.

The one major advantage they have this time is the indie line-up, which is brilliant and apparently most indie developers are reporting that the Switch is their biggest selling version on multi-platform games. That market alone basically kept the PS Vita going for years.

Super Smash Bros is probably a given. And there is supposed to be a proper Pokémon game coming as well. Other than that and the Yoshi game, the line-up is a bit BARREN at the moment.

I reckon we’ll at least see the announcement of Super Smash Kart. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe already has Legend Of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Splatoon in it after all.

23. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Smash Kart seems like a great bet. Gives it a distinct seperation from what would be another Mario Kart game.

I’m really hoping we some Metroid Prime 4 and F-Zero. I was looking at some F-Zero GX videos on the GameCube and it still looks pretty amazing even these days.

24. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

This is their new innovation... fun if you're 7

25. COB

COB Pissbaby

That does look fab, I'd love that if I was a kid :D Nice that it's biodegradable too!

26. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

This is 100% Nintendo, mad as it looks :D

Not for me, but a STEP UP from those horrible money-grabbing AMIIBOS. Now bring some INTERESTING games beyond ports and Kirby, Yoshi and the usual recycled franchises and I am IN.

(after a price cut)

27. Mats

Mats User

clunky title aside, Octopath Traveler looks promising

28. COB

COB Pissbaby

I really enjoyed the demo! The dancer lady was quite :disco:

Between this and the Romancing SaGa 2 remake, I'm hoping Square Enix have finally realised that blocky sprites look far better than the disgusting blurry Flash look they tried for those FF remakes on mobile :zombie:

29. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I’ll like Labo when there’s some make-your-own software (basic coding stuff) released with it. I’m more interested in the technology going on than the mini games.

It’s a pure dream media wise for Nintendo. It’ll be written up in newspapers constantly until release.

30. COB

COB Pissbaby

A quick heads up that the SNES Mini appears to be coming back into stock this week, and Amazon are selling it at RRP (plus there's a £10 off code here) :cool:

31. COB

COB Pissbaby

Look what they just announced, tacked on right at the end of tonight's Direct :o

I'm personally not a massive fan of the series (partly because I'm terrible at it), but announcing this as a surprise AND confirming it'll be out this year is pretty huge.

dUb likes this.
  32. COB

COB Pissbaby

They've also announced a load of hot ports including the Crash Bandicoot HD trilogy, Captain Toad (with additional levels based on Odyssey kingdoms), South Park, Okami and UNDERTALE :love:

dUb likes this.
  33. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

There's STRONG RUMOURS that Smash Bros is a Wii U port. Is there any Wii U games left for them to port? :manson:

I want ORIGINAL GAMES, not another Mario FUCKING Tennis and HD versions of games I already bought in 1996, 2006 and 2016!

34. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

But they are new games to most people :D

I think Tennis Aces could be very good if it’s pulled off well. Liking the ability to have arcade mode and a more regular mode. And the party fave Wii Sports tennis mode

35. Slave

Slave User

What could they really even DO with Super Smash Bros? Other than a decent single player mode, a version with all of the DLC from the last one would be HUGE - especially if they combine the Wii U and 3DS versions. That essentially is all I’d want from a new one anyway.

Pretty much all of these new games are for the next few months, which means they must be holding some surprises for Q3 and Q4.

36. Slave

Slave User

Oh, and just QUIT with the 3DS games now.

I’d rather have Luigi’s Mansion 1 and 2 on the Switch.

37. COB

COB Pissbaby

This is very true, they may as well rerelease every decent Wii U game - it feels like the Switch is bringing plenty of people back into the Nintendo fold, so why not let them catch up on what they missed? And by "them" I mostly mean "me".

I assume Smash will launch alongside the paid online service, it seems like the perfect hook to get people signing up :o

38. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

Yeah they’re all basically new games to me. I had a Wii but skipped the U.
    I’m mostly excited for Tennis Aces and the Toad game. It got great reviews.
    Surely the big Pokémon game is what they’re holding for the end of the year?

39. Slave

Slave User

The last Pokémon games are less than 2 years old - even with the accelerated release schedule for the Switch, it’s quite soon to have the next gen in already.

I hadn’t expected to see it until 2019. I’d gladly be wrong though - a properly realised 3D console Pokémon (which is what the revamped graphics are leading up to) would be the absolute killer app for the Switch.

40. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Toad's game is fun and well thought-out, but it's not particularly challenging. I would put it on the same level as the Mario VS DK games. Captain Toad and Toadette are fucking superstars though :disco: