Will you be buying a Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by dUb, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Will U?

1. YES

36.0%
  2. NO

36.0%
  3. MAYBE

28.0%
  1. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I'm not a massive fan of Odyssey. It's obviously on another level when you compare it to the competition and some parts are deliriously giddy, but in my opinion it's a step down from the Galaxy games which are sublime, purer platformers. I finished it with 250 moons or something and have never touched it again.

Zelda on the other hand is the complete opposite, I don't ever want to revisit Skyward Sword ever again but Breath of the Wild is EVERYTHING.

2. Slave

Slave User

@VoR most of the sandbox Mario games are like Odyssey in the way the levels are structured.

I LOVE IT, but it’s one of the reasons Nintendo seem to alternate between this and something more linear like Super Mario 3D World. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the next one revert to something a little more traditional.

3. COB

COB Pissbaby

SNES games coming on Friday!

4. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

I'm really tempted to get Overwatch. I was never willing to pay for online on PS4 or XB1 so it was a pass for me, but I always thought this looked really good visually. However, obviously there is a downgrade on Switch so it doesn't quite "pop" as before, and also my only experience with shooters lies pretty much with the Splatoon series. Is it accessible for "beginners"?

Also, I could be hung out to dry here, but if anyone is inclined here is my Switch friend code:

SW-8132-8351-3828

5. straightorbroken

Meanwhile, I didn't realise that Aladdin and Lion Kong compilation is out in a mere 5 days. I'm so excited and it's a lot cheaper than my sidelined intention of re-buying that gorgeous Megadrive II Aladdin bundle I had as a kid.

6. Slave

Slave User

The next month is pretty SOLID:

Luigi's Mansion 3
    Aladdin / Lion King re-master (appreciate this is fairly NICHE - and hugely overpriced for what it is)
    Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (apparently not as shit as the last few)
    Pokemon Sword / Shield

7. straightorbroken

There is a demo for Mario and Sonic out today, but I've not played it yet. I'm most excited about the retro mode, but they should have used the 16-bit aesthetic for Mario to match Sonic.

8. Slave

Slave User

Also, I have no idea where they go next year, but we've been saying that every year since the Switch effectively brought all the big-hitters out in its first year.

A few things I wouldn't MIND:

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 re-master (a new 3D one is a while off)
    Breath Of The Wild 2 (big game next Christmas?)
    Mario Kart 9 (although 8 is still selling LOADS)
    Metroid Prime Trilogy (we already know this exists)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Switch Pro or something similar - there's about a year until the PS5 launches, but I think Nintendo will want to try and up the power of the Switch a BIT in readiness.

I can't honestly remember a time when it was SO exciting to be a Nintendo-loon. The Wii was obviously bonkers, but a lot of the games ended up being gimmicks - particularly as the console aged. I'm really glad the focus has really remained on GAMES this time around. Even if they did just release that weird Yoga game.

9. Slave

Slave User

This was an incredibly UPSETTING discovery :david:

10. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

ANIMAL CROSSING NEXT MARCH

that’s all that’s getting me through

11. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

SURELY they’ve got SOMETHING up their sleeves?
    There’ll be a sharp sales decline otherwise.

12. straightorbroken

Oh I would love a Galaxy 1&2 HD package, but I was also hopeful a waggle-free Donkey Kong Country Returns HD would have came with the Tropical Freeze port.

Because MK9 would be silly given how well 8DX is doing, i think they have the opportunity to finally give us Diddy Kong Racing 2, put those arcade MK games on the eShop, or do an anniversary (eshop) release of Super Mario Kart with new 16-bit versions of more recent tracks and an expanded roster (SNES Rosalina, much?). Not that I've thought much about it. They also still have all those hundreds of Wave Race and F-Zero fans to pander to.

13. Slave

Slave User

Another Donkey Kong game seems very likely; Tropical Freeze has done really quite well.

I’ve still got my hopes up that the next iteration of Mario Kart will be Super Smash Kart. They’ve already started bringing in other franchises, and the tracks based on Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda were some of the better new ones. If nothing else, there is an almost endless list of potential DLC. The fact that they’ve not even really bothered doing anything with Mario Kart 8 in that respect makes me feel it must be a placeholder for the next in the series.

14. straightorbroken

The situation with Retro is rather curious. Whatever they were doing before officially being assigned to restart Metroid Prime 4 was either cancelled or overdue being revealed. I could wait a little longer for another DKC game, although it was definitely in my top 5 Wii U games and I double dipped (and seem to have forgot the difficulty like child birth).