WWII Japanese and German bombings + help?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by POP!, Apr 17, 2009.

1. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

I am doing an essay comparing/contrasting the bombings on Japan and Germany during World War II and also analyzing whether they were justified or not. I need 15 primary documents from ALL SIDES, no matter how biased they are. The primary documents from the Allies side is incredibly easy to find, but even with multiple Google searches, I have yet to find any decent primary documents from the German and Japanese side about the bombings.

Is anyone aware of any primary documents whether it be leader speeches, letters, civilian accounts on the attacks, reactions etc from the Germans or Japanese? I guess I could have them translated if they are only found in a foreign language.

2. Suomi

Suomi User

have you tried jstor.org ?

3. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

I tried to register, but got this message:

We're Sorry

You must have access to JSTOR content in order to create a MyJSTOR account.

Unfortunately, we do not recognize you as belonging to an institution or organization that has access to JSTOR. View Options for Access to JSTOR for more information.

4. Suomi

Suomi User

i can give you my details, i no longer need them, let me check to see if they're still valid (i'm no longer at university )

5. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

I'll try that if it isn't too much trouble for you

6. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Would the interviews in this documentary help with Japan?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikg1UAC8WdU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikg1UAC8WdU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Suomi

Suomi User

right , well MY details have gone astray. But my brother who is currently at university was using it on his computer today I saw, so I will ask him for you tomorrow. Should be fine

8. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

Madison, that video is a good find, I should be able to use quotes from it.

And thank you, Suomi :disco: