*** WWTOY - The Ultimate WITOY ***

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Madison, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT

2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

What would you call it then? Iran's Middle east and its right next to it!

3. Madison

Europe.

4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

It's Eurovision Europe .. I don't know, I always think of Turkey being the furthest east in Europe

5. Madison

No.

They belong to the 50s. [PLURAL NOUN]

That is a 50s swimming costume. [ADJECTIVE]

The 50s' final year was 1959. [POSSESIVE OF PLURAL NOW]

6. Madison

Seems a bit harsh on Russia.

7. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Well it should've thought of that before it went and took up HALF OF ASIA

You never get this trouble with Oceania, you know where you stand with those

(apart from those pesky Philippines)

8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

But in that case it's a plural of the years in that decade, rather than belonging to them, I'd say. It's the 'fifties'. You'd never try to put an apostrophe in the word fifties, so why would you when it's written in number form?

If there IS an apostrophe, I'd argue you'd say '50s, where the apostrophe indicates the missing 19.

9. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

YES

10. aaarrgh

aaarrgh aspiring to be eurotrash

Some of them are "announced" for future release but the vast majority are available for sale.

11. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Aww, rehearsal from the 1995 VMAs. I've never seen this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIHMQ8JCgUA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIHMQ8JCgUA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

He really did seem quite a down to earth nice person didnt he
    Bless

13. Ellie

My favourite of Rob Hoffman's memories of working with MJ in the studio from that gearslutz forum topic:

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . .

14. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Ok one more Madge related story

Madonna will perform a special tribute to Michael Jackson during her London show on Saturday, at the venue where he was due to stage his farewell shows, she said in a newspaper interview.
    Madonna - known as the Queen of Pop, while Jackson was the King of Pop - told the Sun newspaper she was 'terribly sad' about Jackson's death and revealed she 'used to love picking his brains about musical stuff'.
    She is playing London's O2 Arena Saturday and will feature extracts from Jackson's songs 'Billie Jean' and 'Wanna Be Startin' Something' plus pictures of the star, who died last week, the paper said.
    Madonna and her dancers will also wear single white gloves - one of Jackson's most famous wardrobe accessories - during a finale of her hit 'Give It 2 Me'.
    Jackson had been due to play some 50 sellout shows entitled 'This Is It' at the O2 venue starting this month.
    'I am so terribly sad about Michael Jackson's death,' Madonna said in the interview. 'I don't know what artist wasn't inspired by him.'
    'To be able to do what he did at such an early age was unearthly, everybody grew up in awe of him. To work with him and become friends and hang out with him was exciting for me.'
    'I used to love picking his brains about musical stuff.'
    Madonna said that before Jackson died, she had offered to do a duet with him at the O2 shows. 'I don't know what we could have done together, I could have carried his bags for him maybe,' she said.

From AFP Via Yahoo! News

15. Ellie

Will it be as nice as NKOTB's tribute? :shy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjHEf63LIzo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjHEf63LIzo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

That's rather nice. How much had they spoken since 1990 though? Or before 1990 for that matter.

17. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

(Madonna)

18. Ellie

Madge and MJ definitely met and hugged in 1997 at the Elizabeth Taylor birthday tribute. I don't know how much they actually spoke though.

19. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

That was nice !

Im sure the old girl wont let him down.

20. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I always loved Ellie's vision of Madge, MJ and Prince having some sort of party together behind closed doors...BLESS

21. Ellie

It was my ultimate fantasy :( Prince & MJ last met at least 2-3 years ago when Michael saw him in Vegas.

22. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

You know, i know this has been seen plenty, but i do love this DIANA and WACKO clip

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/haoXt4SHxhc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/haoXt4SHxhc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

23. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

GREAT CLIP

They had amazing artistic chemistry.

Although you have just reminded me of when she did it with JAY KAY at the Brits in 1997. :gross:

24. Ellie

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubbG8M3nDK8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubbG8M3nDK8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

25. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Were Jacko and Diana close in recent years ??

26. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

They must have been for her to be the second choice to raise his children. I can't believe he'd have let that happen over them going to Janet!

27. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Well to be fair Janice would have made the other sister look after them instead as she does with all her DUMPSTER BABIES

28. Ellie

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BfvzaSxkSY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BfvzaSxkSY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

29. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

He's been fairly close to La Toya in the last ten years, hasn't he, considering their history?

30. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Ellie,i know this has been asked many times, but are there professional BAD TOUR recordings ?? This MUST be released on DVD*

*as well as my much obsessed HIStory tour

31. Ellie

YES, they EXIST but never released. The only ones that are available are from the first leg when he only performed 2 songs from the album as it had only been out for 1 month at the time.

MTV showed LOADS of individual songs from the later concerts at the time. You can find them in the MTV documentary 'Bad Around The World'.

32. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Michael’s close friend Diana Ross has been asked to lead the memorial tributes to him.

The Jackson family want her to perform his 1995 No.1 hit You Are Not Alone.

But the grief-stricken singer is worried she will lose control and break down in front of millions of people.

Diana, 65, told friends: “I want to honour Michael’s memory but I’m not sure I can hold it together. He was like a son to me.”

The Jackson family believe such a poignant tribute by the Motown legend would rank with Sir Elton John's famous performance of Candle In The Wind at Princess Diana’s funeral.

A source close to the family said: “It will be this decade’s Candle In The Wind moment.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

Diana knew Michael since he was a little boy and was one of the closest friends. He named her as guardian to his three children in the event of his mother Katherine’s death. But heartbroken Diana is so worried that she may not be able to control her emotions that she has not yet agreed to sing.

The friend explained: “Diana is in pieces over Michael’s death and is very worried about whether she can hold it together enough to sing.

“She wants to – but she’s just not sure she can do it..”

Sir Elton John movingly played a reworked version of Candle In The Wind, called Goodbye, England's Rose, at Princess Diana’s funeral in 1997. For many around the world it became the defining moment of that sad day.

Madonna will not be at Tuesday’s memorial. The singer, who launched her Sweet & Sticky tour last night, is expected to record an on-screen message in memory of Jacko, who died last week of a heart attacked aged 50.

Michael’s close friend Liz Taylor will read a eulogy at the ceremony.

Other stars who will honour the star include Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake and Stevie Wonder. They will take front-row seats at the memorial.

Other famous guests for the two-hour spectacular are expected to include President Obama, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lionel Richie and Liza Minnelli.

Jacko’s British-based friends Uri Geller, Mark Lester and David Gest will fly in for the occasion.

Around 750million people are expected to tune in on TV worldwide. Thousands of British fans are said to either already be in LA hoping to attend the memorial or are on their way to the city.

Police last night warned ticket-less fans to stay away from the stadium and said they would close surrounding roads.

Jackson family spokesman Ken Sunshine said: “Everything with this memorial is to do with accommodating as many fans as possible. It's all about the fans.”

Tim Leiweke, of the ceremony’s organisers AEG Live, promised a “memorial fit for a King.”

He said: “I hope it will be a dignified and uplifting memorial.”

Michael’s brother Jermaine said there will be a private ceremony for family before the memorial.

33. The_Dance

The_Dance Peekabo

[​IMG]

Diana trying to get CLOSE to our Michael.

34. Suedey

Suedey HELL-ON.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090704/ten-jackson-biographer-michael-had-skin-c60bd6d.html

Jackson biographer: 'Michael had skin cancer op days before death'

The pop superstar passed away last week after suffering a cardiac arrest.

Rumours about his cause of death have been swirling ever since, with reports suggesting a lengthy dependence on prescription drugs contributed to his untimely demise.

Now Jackson biographer Diane Dimond has caused a stir with shocking new claims - alleging the Thriller hitmaker had shown early signs of skin cancer.

She tells Usmagazine.com, "Last week, I had two real sources call me and say he's getting surgery right now for removal of skin cancer off his nose."

Results from Jackson's autopsy are expected within weeks.

35. Ellie

Can we get URI GELLER and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE OUT of there please.

OK, no offence to Justin actually, they did technically work together twice, but FUCK OFF URI.

36. Ellie

DIANE DIMOND TO DIE.

SERIOUSLY DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

BIOGRAPHER MY CUNT.

37. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Nice person yes, but down to earth?! He was practically a space alien.

38. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Will J RANDY TARROBORELLLELLELLLIIEELLI be there ? I hear they were close...

39. Ellie

I'm being genuine here. If Diane Dimond turns up anywhere near that place on Tuesday, I hope she gets shot by someone as well as that fucking Phelps family.

40. The_Dance

The_Dance Peekabo

One of the fans will be sure to take care of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.