X Factor 2015

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Sid.W., May 12, 2015.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

She's not really a Mother's Day artist, though. Or at least not in the same way that Sam Bailey or even someone like Jahmene was. And like I said, it's the Brits a couple of days before. Sales are going to be relatively high. And she's coming fresh off the back of a flop. The release is in two months. How much time have they got to get decent songs, record it and promote it properly?

I really do wonder if they are actively trying to cut their losses and bury her.

2. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Maybe they're clearing the decks ahead of Reggie'n'Bollie ft Cheryl's It Wasn't Me

3. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Reggie'n'Bollie are so going to feature on Cheryl's next single/album, aren't they

4. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

That's a bit of a shame for her if they're trying to ruin her already

5. lolly

I think they will bung an album out as cheaply as possible, to see if there is enough interest to justify investing more in her. The label must be disappointed in Haenow's sales, and he came off the back of a much more successful single, and a series with a better audience. I assume they invested a lot more in his album, and they don't want to repeat the process with her, when the signs so far indicate she'll perform worse than him.

It also makes me wonder perhaps if the show won't be returning next year...

6. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I think it will definitely return for one last season, they've paid for it already and I think they'd stand to lose money if they end Cowell's contract early.

What I don't understand is they were so desperate for Louisa to win that to try to do this to her so soon doesn't make sense. If it had been someone like Lauren or Reggie and Bollie I would have understood but there's never been as blatant a Plan A as Louisa was.

I do feel a bit sorry for her but in reality she's just a couple of years too late. At least she might make a career in panto!

7. lolly

Well that's what makes me think it must be a reaction to the failure of the single (and the show). It doesn't make sense otherwise. Because she does clearly have more potential than many previous winners. In the past she would have been afforded the best treatment and a big budget, I'm sure. So why aren't they allowing her that now?

8. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Is the single a failure? It's hard to judge when streaming has effected the charts do different compared to last year.

9. lolly

Of course it is! Yes, streaming has made it look even worse, but didn't she only sell less than a quarter that Ben Haenow did?

And wasn't streaming included last year, anyway?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  10. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Yeah but I think streaming REALLY took off this year didn't it which has been effecting all new releases to some extent.

I understand it's a failure but I think it's hard to have any kind of bar to judge it against.

11. lolly

I don't think it's that hard, personally. Streaming taking off this year certainly explains her tumble from her position in the sales chart to the final chart, so if you look at just chart position it's not a fair reflection. But Haenow's streaming figures were only a few thousand. She still sold less than 30k (I think?), and he sold over 200k. Even if direct comparison IS difficult (not that I agree), I'd say it's easy enough to judge the single has flopped. Hard.

12. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Where did Reggie & Bollie's QUITE GOOD single chart? I saw it's #37 in its third week down from #32, but I am wondering where it ENTERED.

13. Halli

I think 32 was the peak, it didn' take off as some people were expecting!

14. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Oh that's a shame :(

15. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

OH COME ON. Like they were EVER going to be a success. They were fucking TRIPE. Neither of them could sing a note.

16. Ag

Ag User

Pretty sure I saw it iTunes top 10. Not that I have any interest in them, but it really is denying people even a small career.

17. Halli

I don't think anyone expected them to 'be a success' but from what I saw when they released this single, people were kinda expecting a summer novelty hit

18. David_5000

David_5000 I'll dance alone

Do the charts allow summer novelty hits any more? Or only slow burn songs that take 20 weeks to hit their peak?

19. Ag

Ag User

Cake By The Beach probably touched that genre.

20. lolly

Did they get a BGT performance or anything?

21. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Believe so, one of the semis