Yorkshire Ripper could be up for release soon

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Floppet, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

So he brutally murdered 13 women, attempted to murder 7 more and some medical bloke is saying that he's effectively "cured" as long as he keeps taking the medication. You wouldn't say a heroin addict was cured of their addiction as long as they kept taking Methadone would you?

story from The Sun here

I remember at the time it was all happening that women were afraid to go out and I also remember the police coming to our house and interviewing my dad during their "house to house" enquiries. What he did to those women was horrific and he's never shown any remorse for it. I'd be happy for him to die in Broadmoor.

What do you think? Has he done his penance or should he be left to rot?

2. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

http://img.theSTOP FUNDING HATE/multimedia/archive/00735/SNN1805AA-280_735537a.jpg

He looks like some sort of Freddy Mercury/Gary Glitter hybrid here. Definitely a wrongun.

Anyway, I doubt he'll seriously ever be released. It's just quite obviously a daft suggestion and the sun want to whip up a bit of frenzy.

He might not pose a risk anymore, but a lot of murderers don't after they've been in prison for a bit, and when you've killed 13 folk you're not just being kept inside because you're dangerous.

3. MadCow

MadCow Banned

thats bloody sick mate, he shouldnt be allowed on the streets

4. d22ghj

d22ghj User

As if. Even if he was freed, someone would track him down and kill him. There is no point putting the public at risk of hate crimes.

5. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

UGH this makes me so angry...Frankly I don't give a shit whether he's "CURED" or not, it's not fair to the VICTIMS & their families as well as the PUBLIC (who would be put at risk) if he is in fact given his freedom. Regardless of his mental state he needs to continue paying for the horrific things he has done. Wouldn't this just further open that door into that mindset of 'if X the serial murderer is now 'declared' sane and remorseful he can go about his business and gain freedom once again'? It's awful.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

And he looks like a host for the PBS channel. :zombie: