Zombie Nation (Morning)

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

2. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

I think going bowling early on NYE would be fun!

3. TomLondon

TomLondon Well TomBrighton these days...

what will you be doing then Jack ?

4. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Early yes, but I'm sure he's talking about actually seeing in midnight there, cos that's what they did last year :gross:

5. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Its two months away yet so I havent given it much THOUGHT. I havent even planned THIS WEEKEND YET

6. Snork Maiden

Snork Maiden covered in puree

the thought of seeing the bells in in those SHOES.

7. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

QUITE

8. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

NYE is only good for CLOSURE as far as I'm concerned. Ours was pretty blah last time, I went over my sisters. We spent much of the evening watching the original King Kong movie .. or playing Mario Kart through it at least, whilst getting trashed.

9. delirium

delirium TOODLES FUCKFACE

You know... sometimes I really do think this country is insane. One of my clients is saying she wants to get back into work but is not sure if she can afford it. The reason? She gets £340 a WEEK in benefits.

10. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Ugh, dont get me STARTED ON THAT. Yesterday I spoke to a grandma who got paid by the GOVERNMENT to childmind her grandkids. I MEAN... COME ON!

11. delirium

Sometimes I wonder how the country doesn't just fall flat on its face. NO-ONE DOES ANYTHING.

12. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

The benefit/work trap has been helped immensely by the various tax credits. There are very few people now who aren't better off in work.

And in the case of the grandmother, I assume she was being paid to look after her grandchildren to allow the parents to work. I THINK she'd have to be a registered childminder herself though, although I'm not sure.

13. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Yes she would, thats why she registered, to get CREDITS. ITS OBSCENE

14. delirium

Oh yes... I know but it does seem crazy that the way we solve the problem of being being worse off by working is to give them MORE money to work. Rather than taking money off them for not working.

I see so many people who think that Jobseeker's Allowance is a right and that there is nothing wrong with claiming it forever.

15. lolly

Well that's playing the system. I don't agree with it, but it does benefit a lot of people who use it for the purpose for which it was designed.

16. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Plus she got a 500 quid grant to buy toys and equipment for her "childminding business" and it just so happened that one week later she got a BRAND NEW FUCK OFF LEATHER SOFA.

17. lolly

Even worse when it came to IB. The number of people who have some minor condition or complaint that think they should be exempt from work for life.

18. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Since when did being FAT AND BREATHLESS stop you working?

19. lolly

And there's also the fact that being a single parent has now become an accepted lifestyle alternative. Not that I want to sound like a right cunt, but I'm sure that at about 14 or 15, a lot of girls think 'do I want to go to college, get a job or have a baby'.

20. delirium

Client: "HELP ME, I'VE GOT DEPRESSION AND SHOULD BE ON INCAPACITY BENEFIT"

Me: OK... what are your symptoms?

Client: Well, sometimes I don't want to go to work... :manson:

21. delirium

That is not cuntish at all and totally true. Last week a 21-year old bloke started with us (he has two kids). His girlfriend doesn't want him starting work because it will mean he doesn't spend time with them at home. She is also on benefits.

22. lolly

The problem is, I can't help thinking this is only the beginning. It's only fairly recently that we've had people coming into adulthood who are the children of people who have only ever claimed benefit. If you grow up without the example of a work ethic, I can see why a life on benefit is seen as a valid alternative.

23. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw MONG DROPS

I've been out of work since July, and haven't claimed anything in benefits yet:angel:. Am living off savings mainly. And my family a bit:shy:.

Whilst I'm not contributing any upkeep:shy:, I am helping around the house, washing, ironing, etc. I also would never ask for, or take any money off them directly. I suppose I am in a way by living here, but like I say, I could never take it directly...

24. lolly

Why haven't you claimed?

I've not either, but then I know that as I left work voluntarily, there will be a 26 week penalty before I could get benefit. I have heard though, that even though that penalty is automatic, they pay you initially until that decision is formally given.

I just think that I chose to put myself in this position, so don't have a moral ground for claiming. And to be honest, for a while I'm perfectly happy being out of work. I don't want to be encouraged or commit to a plan to return to work. I'd rather be left alone. I know what I need to do, when I want to commit myself.

25. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

Ugh, I HATE today... the person I report to was off sick and I had to run the IT room on my own this afternoon, no fun at all when my least self-sufficient cliemts are in!

I'm fucked off now!

26. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

A HSBC cash machine DEVOURED my card before. I'm NOT HAPPY.

27. David

More stories of misfortune, I need cheering up! :D

28. David

Ooooh my rep power went up! :o

29. lolly

The washing machine man has just arrived. So only about NINE hours wasted :evil:

30. David

Well what were you gonna do instead?

31. lolly

I'd have gone to Stratford Upon Avon, or done a big supermarket shop.

I've got the toilets and bathrooms cleaned but it doesn't have the same satisfaction.

32. Emma

Emma x-o-x-o

DOSSER

33. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw MONG DROPS

I don't know, I guess I just don't like the idea of it, personally, and am a bit like you in wanting to be left alone over it :|. Also, there's all the baggage that comes with it, you have to go through the whole process of interviews, where they try to find you work and such. I'm the sort of person that would flunk out, and they'd find me a job that I didn't want to do, in a matter of seconds. I know you don't have to take it, but you effectively forfeit getting anything if you don't. I'm far too fussy about what I actually want to do to accept a job in Tescos.

And I'm NOT a dosser. I'm LIVING OFF MY OWN FUNDS. :Oi:

34. Emma

Emma x-o-x-o

sorry i should have added some sort of smiley there - i was only teasing

35. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

I understand. I was on the dole for several months 2 years ago and going along to sign-on every fortnight was humiliating and demoralising.

However, do be warned - there is nothing worse than having to explain away gaps on your CV to potential employers at interviews (if you even get that far). Two or three months tops.