My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

I would say better, since the sperm donor read was probably pre-rehearsed, whereas this interaction with Nene was on the spot and while in the hot seat.

I really liked Phaedra until she did her rape scheme. It’s a shame there’s no coming back from that.

I really liked Phaedra until she did her rape scheme. It’s a shame there’s no coming back from that.

Phaedra always lied, Phaedra was always nasty and she read people like a scripture - it's why she was a great addition to the cast. But the rape scheme really was a point of no return - but it did make for one of the all-time iconic Housewives Reunions, as conflicted as I feel about that. :D

THE LIES. THE LIES. THE LIES. :disco:

What Phaedra did was wrong, obviously. I don't think she deserves all the blame, however. It was a (now sacked) producer whispering in her ear, telling her the rumour, and suggesting she run with it. She shouldn't have. But if you're being hired by a production company to make a salacious TV show, and one of the producers tells you to do something in order to make a storyline for that show, you're gonna be pretty conflicted about what to do. These women are always reminded that they need to be bringing something to the table, in order for them to stay on the show.

The production company planted the seed and watched it grow, and allowed Phaedra (who did make a bad judgement call, yes) to take all the blame so their backs were covered.

Based on that version of events, which I believe, I do think a Phaedra return isn't out of the question. Though obviously not while Kandi is still around.

I meant to say, ZG and I have PARKED Johannesburg for the time being and have started Sydney instead :D :disco: We're only one episode in but I'm already obsessed with Athena X and her extremely dark energy!

I meant to say, ZG and I have PARKED Johannesburg for the time being and have started Sydney instead :D :disco: We're only one episode in but I'm already obsessed with Athena X and her extremely dark energy!

BUCKLE UP, it's JATZ CRACKERS! :eyes:

Will be interested to hear your thoughts POST :D The way the women who aren't Lisa or Athena start to check out after the cast trip is quite unprecedented, and the reunion is ESSENTIAL! :D

I do enjoy Johannesburg as a weird sideshow, but it does go ON A BIT, and the constantly changing cast (including friends of, who are often featured more than the ACTUAL cast :D) is EXHAUSTING!

Johannesburg wasn't really grabbing me the way the others have. I'm sure we'll get back to it but Sydney is everything I ever wanted and more.

Reactions: COB
I'm gagging for the Kenya write-up. GAGGING.

KENYA MOORE HAIR CARE!

*Marching Band enters*

YOUR EDGES MATTER :disco:

The best Housewife in Johannesburg is LERIKA, who is a complete drag queen with hilarious confessionals, gets possibly THE MOST screen time in season 1 after Krystall yet somehow ISN'T a part of the cast :D

I can't find a gif of her online, but QUEEN! anyway

Lerika really starts to dominate from about two thirds of the way in, and was really the reason I KEPT WATCHING tbh :D
She strikes up an extremely lob-sided friendship with Krystall, and delivers all her confessionals in a droll, detached way. If I was in charge, I'd have based the whole show around her :D

Madame gets SO TIRING as the series progresses. She's quite fun at first, but by the end I'd really HAD ENOUGH! :D

Mrs Mops who joins in series 2 (that I haven't bothered to finish yet :D) is another JBurg essential :disco:

Is it as good as her Kenya sperm donor read though?

tenor.gif

Did anyone watch the short-fated Real Housewives of Dublin?

One season, of only four episodes. And as I recall, nothing really happened until episode 4, when Danielle realised that someone needed to do *something* and finally went batshit for the sake of the show. For her efforts, she was rewarded with a slot on the next Celebrity Big Brother. And voted out first.

One season, of only four episodes. And as I recall, nothing really happened until episode 4, when Danielle realised that someone needed to do *something* and finally went batshit for the sake of the show. For her efforts, she was rewarded with a slot on the next Celebrity Big Brother. And voted out first.

Wait, WHAT! :D

I may have to investigate episode 4. I vaguely remember the Danielle woman, and also remember having absolutely NO IDEA WHO SHE WAS at the time - nor that she was a REAL HOUSEWIFE! :D

I only watched a few episodes but Toronto was quite bad.

What WAS the worst Real Housewives franchise? Miami? VANCOUVER? :D

I think Toronto widely claimed as the WORST! I've never bothered to watch, but apparently it's just REALLY BORING!

Probably Miami of the US lot, although season 2 is held in high regard by the FANZ - the other two seasons LESS SO.
The current season of OC is the first I've ever had to STOP WATCHING as it just felt like a total waste of my LIFE!

I think Toronto widely claimed as the WORST! I've never bothered to watch, but apparently it's just REALLY BORING!

Probably Miami of the US lot, although season 2 is held in high regard by the FANZ - the other two seasons LESS SO.
The current season of OC is the first I've ever had to STOP WATCHING as it just felt like a total waste of my LIFE!

Vancouver has probably the most evil cast member in JODY. You need to watch it, there’s only 2 seasons but there’s loads of drama where they bully poor old sad ex popstar Mary Zilba (who?).

Vancouver has probably the most evil cast member in JODY. You need to watch it, there’s only 2 seasons but there’s loads of drama where they bully poor old sad ex popstar Mary Zilba (who?).

Sorry that was MY MISTAKE that I've now edited :D

LOVE Vancouver for the reasons above, never watched Toronto.

Jody really is SOMETHING ELSE! And wasn't Ronnie an actual HEROIN ADDICT?

Did that air outside of Ireland? Christ I'm mortified.

From what I recall, only one of them was married. Lisa is primarily known here as Michael Flatley's ex and was the on/off girlfriend of celeb solicitor Gerald Keane at the time of the show. Danielle thought she was above it all and was hated by the rest of the cast, especially Virginia.

I've watched Vancouver three times :(

But yet to watch Toronto as I've heard it's so dull. I will get round to it eventually though.

Did that air outside of Ireland? Christ I'm mortified.

Scarlet for ya, so I am.

I don't think it did air outside of Ireland. I watched it via a grubby internet stream. Maybe Channel 5 had planned to air it (why else would they cast Danielle in CBB!), but didn't in the end.

@wurst I'd recommend the full series, if you can find it. It's short, and actually wasn't *that* bad. Just no real drama aside from when Danielle turned at the end.

Ok but when are we getting a Real Housewives of CHICAGO?

The utter insanity of that one season of Mob Wives Chicago is probably still heard ringing around the city, and enough to put any new TV production crew off.

Obviously I loved it though.

The utter insanity of that one season of Mob Wives Chicago is probably still heard ringing around the city, and enough to put any new TV production crew off.

Obviously I loved it though.

Tinsley from NYC moved to Chicago and they thought she would be the winning ticket, but it's still not happening :(

It's TURTLE TIME guys :eyes:

13: Ramona Singer - The Real Housewives of New York
giphy.gif

ThriftyThirstyJabiru-small.gif

tumblr_nxelk6vERo1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

73pY.gif

giphy.gif

Whew it's time for a ride on the Ramonacoaster with the Singer STINGER :D
Welcome to this countdown one of the most RIDICULOUS people to have ever spent over a DECADE on a TV show.

tenor.gif

Ramona Singer is the only person I can think of that uses AN APOLOGY as a weapon :D It's really quite remarkable.
I'm sure most people reading this thread are SOMEWHAT familiar with Ramona's work, and as such will know that Ramona is generally an absolutely HORRENDOUS human being.
Selfish, self-involved, elitist, rude and generally FOUL to most people around her - Ramona has absolutely NO PROBLEM whatsoever in tossing out apologies like FISH TO PENGUINS as some sort of PREFIX or caveat to her horrific behaviour - she's always MORE THAN HAPPY to follow up with a barely sincere "I'M SOWWWY" as if it's a justified way of somewhat excusing her previous TERRIBLE FORM :D
CgdC.gif

tenor.gif

Ramona has been on the show since episode 1, and shows little sign of LEAVING - despite the fanbase seemingly leaning towards it being time for Ramona to hang up her apple for good these days.
She hasn't actually changed personality-wise all that much in ALL THAT TIME, aside from being somewhat more tapped out in recent seasons.
Ramona is not really one to LEARN NEW TRICKS, however she's certainly LOOKING YOUTHFUL and RADIANT!

giphy.gif

Ramona represents the nouveau riche, yet incredibly snobby, Upper-East Side New York woman on the show. It's quite TERRIFYING whenever Ramona has a gathering of her infamous 60 closest girlfriends - as aside from the one who's a DEAD RINGER for a long-dead Liza Minelli - almost all of her 60 closest girlfriends look almost EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAMONA albeit with less good surgery.
It's a drunken, blonde, Republican bonanza that totally exists in a TINY bubble of New York City & The Hamptons, and Ramona was long ago picked out by the reality TV casting gods to represent it.

Ramona is COMPLETELY out of touch with the real world, and she often seems like a bit of a fish out of water when the show removes her from her Manhattan safe zones - most famously in the AMAZING season 4 Marrakech trip, where she basically claims the ENTIRE CITY as a dump within minutes of arriving :D

I can't think of an example rn, but I'm fairly sure Ramona either OBJECTIFIES & FLIRTS WITH, or is absolutely FOUL to service staff also :eyes:
Despite all of this elitist behaviour, Ramona has absolutely no problem with SHITTING HERSELF at regular intervals ON CAMERA :zombie:

O8g1.gif

Compared to the likes of Nene Leakes and Bethenny, for somebody that is so engrained in the world of reality TV, Ramona doesn't seem to have had much of a BREAK OUT MOMENT outside of the show.
She's very much a FANZ ONLY sort of girl, aside from perhaps THE FASHION SHOW gif which I've seen absolutely everywhere:
tumblr_m8el42LDyO1qfy2kdo2_250.gif

Let's look at her relationships with the other women. I think Ramona is only really interested in POWER, and what USE people will be to her life, and often this trickles down to the cast itself. She often/always HATES or picks a fight with new cast members, for example, aside from perhaps Dorinda.

Initially Ramona and Sonja were THICK AS THIEVES, becoming known as RAMONJA in the fanbase, causing drunken havoc wherever they went - but that's cooled off in recent seasons a bit. Obviously Sonja's fabled (and probably IMAGINARY) celebrity connections and tarnishing of the Morgan family name have been a bit of a TURN OFF for Ramona :D But they have plenty of LEGENDARY MOMENTS together, especially on cast trips.

NyPs.gif

Luann is an interesting one, as I can't REALLY RECALL Lu and Ramona ever having THAT MUCH to do with each other, despite having TWELVE SEASONS on the show together. They sort of EXIST in the cast, but never really seem all that interested in each other outside of an occasional fight and a fan-baity Instagram post of them.

THIS season 5 fight is probably the key Ramona/Lu moment :D

source.gif

The BIG ONE is of course Bethenny.
Bethenny VS Ramona is the battle of the female alphas on New York, and a saga that has played out over almost every season they are on together, and results in some of the BEST fights of ANY Housewives franchises.

YOUTUBE TIME:

The BROOKLYN BRIDGE fight (which is currently only on YouTube in potato quality sadly). Often seen as one of the most SAVAGE in the show's history. Ramona basically DECIMATES an at-time fragile Bethenny by claiming "AT LEAST I HAVE FRIENDS, you have NOBODY IN YOUR LIFE!" amongst other delights.

The BRUNCH FIGHT which occurred within MOMENTS of Bethenny's return to the show :D This is a classic Ramona/Bethenny POWER STRUGGLE, with Ramona MAKING UP A PRETEND BRUNCH DATE to try and sabotage one Bethenny had planned :D Luann getting pulled in as DIPLOMAT on brunch invitation-etiquette is the cherry on the cake:

The MENTION IT ALL FIGHT is another huge personal favourite. It's SO RIDICULOUS and quotable, and yet both of them know EXACTLY what they are doing :D Performative yes, but in the best possible way:

and finally the YOU DON'T SUPPORT OTHER WOMEN fight, where Ramona's poor dog Coco is left to PLAY IN THE TRAFFIC whilst Ramona and Bethenny have it out via medium of mobile phone :disco:

There are of course, LOADS MORE but I only have so much room (10,000 characters according to the moopy gods :eyes:). Please feel free to QUOTE AWAY and feature your own favourite Ramona fights as much as you want below!

Other Ramona bits:
- Her daughter AVERY is her pride and joy, and she likes to claim they are basically SISTERS to much eye rolling from Avery. Avery basically has former husband Mario's FACE with Ramona's beautiful personality, describes herself as "highly conservative" in episode 1 of season 1, and generally seems like an absolute CUNT! :D
- There's a scene in season 7 or 8 where Ramona has basically fallen out with ALL THE CAST, and goes for dinner with Avery and her identikit closest female friends. Ramona basically hints that "AT LEAST I'VE GOT YOU GUYS", and seems to want to join her daughters friendship circle. It's a truly BIZARRE show moment and one that sticks out for me.
- I STILL DON'T KNOW how Ramona really makes her money. She started a horrific looking jewellery-based MLM around season 4 called TRUE FAITH :zombie: that Luann famously declared "Oh I didn't realise I was going to a MARY KAY PARTY when I accepted the invite" :D
- Other flop business ventures included Ramona Pinot, and her RENEW skincare range - but how she REALLY brings the cash in seems somewhat UNKNOWN.
- Ramona is an unapologetic Republican, and seems to get GENUINELY IMPRESSED when people claim to have a link to Donald Trump. She's frequently TONE DEAF on social media, particularly more recently in regards to Covid-19.
- There was a memorable season 12 episode where one of her Republican FRIENDS had clearly paid her to take the cast to a party at his HORRIBLE McMansion, and proceeds to give Ramona a HOUSE TOUR whilst the other women argue on camera. Shameless, but hilarious.
- I think Aviva is the only cast member to truly RATTLE Ramona, I'm still SO SAD their infamous pot-of-tea takedown fight STILL isn't on YouTube.

If you need more Ramona, as there's SO MUCH MORE TO SAY, here's a couple of vids:

tumblr_p4x7ejsrwo1r1ult6o1_r1_500.gif

Fave Ramona quotes, fights, gifs etc PLEASE! NEXT!

Last edited:
Ramona may well be my favourite housewife of ALL TIME. A TRUE MONSTER but consistently so - the way she has never been anything but herself from the very get go.

Remember when she was gracious enough to give BORING STICK INSECT KRISTIN a little PLOT POINT by SLASHING HER LIP OPEN :D

HEW ARE YEW TO GET ME WHET?

ramona_singer.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom