My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

Just joining in on the Holla Heather PILE ON also!
She didn't really serve me any of my Housewives essential pillars: Aspiration, Glamour, Hilarity or Weirdness (OR the sub-pillars of Delusion, Madness and Manipulation) and her relationship with Kristen felt quite LOCKER ROOM HUMOUR at times.

I struggle to remember much of note that she actually did, aside from get ignored by Sonja when advising her on her (imaginary) toaster oven.
I find the absolute REVISION OF HISTORY some fans have online that Holla was some sort of Housewives icon vaguely troubling.

Last edited:
Fuck it. I’ve just signed up for Hayu.

Auckland, in full, you’re first :disco:

I'm sure I've said it already in one of the Housewives threads, but my HayU subscription has absolutely SAVED my mental health over the past 10 months.

Housewives is the ultimate escapist TV content for me, and that there is SO MUCH OF IT to discover and get lost in it feels almost NEVER ENDING.
I still haven't had time to watch Married To Medicine yet, despite Phoenix's weekly plug of SOME SORT!

Just joining on the Holla Heather PILE ON also!
She didn't really serve me any of my Housewives essential pillars: Aspiration, Glamour, Hilarity or Weirdness (OR the sub-pillars of Delusion, Madness and Manipulation) and her relationship with Kristen felt quite LOCKER ROOM HUMOUR at times.

I struggle to remember much of note that she actually did, aside from get ignored by Sonja when advising her on her (imaginary) toaster oven.
I find the absolute REVISION OF HISTORY some fans have online that Holla was some sort of Housewives icon vaguely troubling.

I think you're forgetting Heather vs Ramona, when Heather point blank refused to invite her on the girls trip for what felt like 38 episodes. I always admired her for refusing to budge when production must have been pushing her to relent. I'm a huge Ramonster fan mind you, but it was great to see her bitchiness come back to bite her.

Heather's three-season arc was essentially the old-timers taking it in turns to loathe her.

Ramona taking an instant dislike to her, to the point of it being comically OTT. Then Sonja readily taking all toaster-over help offered to her, but refusing to acknowledge any of it and act like Heather was a hindrance more than a help. And then finally Bethenny returning and not wanting to form any sort of connection with her at all. :D

And let's not forget, without HOLLA we would've never got this moment

tenor.gif

Have any Americans (Canadians/Mexicans also?) ever tried any SKINNYGIRL products?? I can't recall ever seeing them on sale when I've been to the states, but I may just have not frequented the CORRECT PLACES!

I've had the the SWEET'A'RITA. I wouldn't necessarily recommend outside the novelty of it being her drink. The wine barely has any less calories than normal wine and probably has a lower amount of alcohol so no thanks

Also I tried the salad dressing and it was truly vile

I wish they did bottled/canned margaritas in the UK, although not the trash American recipe.

Canned cocktails have been really big lately, especially in early lockdown when to-go drinks were finally allowed

You can get a few other canned cocktails but they’re mostly disgusting.

Well ours are mostly disgusting too :D

These were popular when I was in high school, and I think still are among current teenagers, and they are terrible and make you sick every time
https://fourloko.com/products

Oh I love that RED, BLACK and GOLD are flavours! Can’t argue with the 14% ABV though :disco:

Reactions: RJN
She’s back for a bit next season. I never cared for her when she was on but after the shitshow of last season we need someone to keep them in line.

I doubt she'd care about them smoking joints. Andy named her and Carole as the two he likes to get stoned with so she's no stranger to it. I think it was the harder stuff she was complaining about as well as having to clean up Sonja's shit :D

I think the Bethenny writeup is my favorite so far.

It's funny you call her "Carrie Bradshaw" because that's EXACTLY how I described her verbally to my friends. Only, Bethenny is way more likeable than Carrie because her success is real, and not some producer's trivial idea of success. She always seemed like the protagonist of the show, and everything else was her adventure.

I ALWAYS knew she had some kind of privileged background, but only through connections, which is a different kind of 'privilege'. So the whole point is kinda irrelevant to me. I always got the impression that Bathenny started working from much lower than the other ladies.

I think the Bethenny writeup is my favorite so far.

Oh thanks :D I was basically drinking a bottle of sauv blanc as I was writing it, and you can basically tell where I got BORED and wanted to move onto OTHER THINGS :eyes: roughly around the point where it came to discuss Bethenny's relationship with Ramona :D

anyway, 7 more positions and yet 8 write ups still to come then this living hell will be OVER! :disco:

Going back to Heather Dubrow, Terry has morphed from a cute husband to the Saw doll and it’s scary

And that concludes the Housewives from Auckland, with Angela as my TOP PERFORMER. I did also consider NZ's answer to Anne Robinson LOUISE in the lower-echelons of this countdown, but that would be too much Auckland even for me. But please, just watch this show if you haven't already. NEXT!

I have just finished watching Auckland and to say I inhaled every moment of it with wild glee and abandon would be an understatement! I feel a complete spiritual kinship with these mad Oceanic mavens... everyone apart from the hideous racist is sublime, in an entirely different yet complimentary way. You've already said so much on Gilda, Angela and Michelle. And I do love crazy champagne lady Anne and her poetic totems for her dead pussies... (my beautiful black boy Nudger!!).

But I'd love to shout out, spotlight, and wax rhapsodic about LOUISE WALLACE. The most perfect blend of vulnerability and razor sharp no-fucks given I've encountered.

5hpcv9zhej3z.jpg

The fact that she started her own theatre company to get acting roles, and that she then gets rejected by the one NZ filming drama that year so publicly on-screen. "I think the roles for women in their 50s, they want a more weathered looking face...". Why did her moronic agent call her in to the office late in the day, on camera, to tell her they went with someone else?! Poor Lou. I looked her up on insta and her bio says 'actress' and @s her agency. The agency seems to rep everyone in NZ by their insta feed, yet not a single shout out for poor Louise amongst their daily posts... (i went back 3 years). The indignity.

Also the segment of her getting her hideous head shots as well. She was styled like the CEO of Findus Crispy Pancakes about to go on the Secret Millionaire.

QOcXBRsbTYWaTuAz09JJn5Qr9sWzkt-1eHwRn2IeLuqK7sLkoxR2JFV0kn1UzbOF24zfN13WDyW1npQnWXBBOcht7Vxvle4o5hRhgBaNDot-tKJKlxkuYrAKF9xszWjOgZyUVFLVb0B9nhMmhx8uE4XCpw

XszQszKY_ICjs0vi7Pf4VzM7uWnGGJc_1n7ypaFybOt_NXMSiFDhN0mTeLSCGChsHQviGBxDmbZpaEnsyECVAhWyQkZ5k0gaf9yzGDk56i9fRqMIkYuArdM_ZaHzEG4ok7ry7PW8RI9GtNRtDIEx8e53TQ

I also loved her weeping for Angela's absentee brother, and then trashing her boring book launch. "After an hour and a half we were ushered into another room, that looked absolutely the same to the previous room, and that's when I knew the night was definitively a dud".

And her competitive streak at the race course. It meant SO much to her to win that race.

She was also the best talking head throughout... "For Julia it will be one of the big learning moments in her life..." SAGE QUEEN. I also liked her arched eyebrows at Julia on the boat in the instant aftermath of racist-gate. And forgetting to get Michelle a present at her bday party only to say "I'll take you for lunch at a restaurant of your choice in Auckland..." - which truly, would be the best present one could receive from New Zealand's Anne Robinson?!

I live for her. I've been stalking them on insta and apparently they all reunited for a Bravo NZ special THIS MONTH, sans Julia! So the possibility of a S2, four years on, isn't completely off the cards? I'd die.

Last edited:
I have just finished watching Auckland and to say I inhaled every moment of it with wild glee and abandon would be an understatement! I feel a complete spiritual kinship with these mad Oceanic mavens... everyone apart from the hideous racist is sublime, in an entirely different yet complimentary way. You've already said so much on Gilda, Angela and Michelle. And I do love crazy champagne lady Anne and her poetic totems for her dead pussies... (my beautiful black boy Nudger!!).

But I'd love to shout out, spotlight, and wax rhapsodic about LOUISE WALLACE. The most perfect blend of vulnerability and razor sharp no-fucks given I've encountered.

5hpcv9zhej3z.jpg

The fact that she started her own theatre company to get acting roles, and that she then gets rejected by the one NZ filming drama that year so publicly on-screen. "I think the roles for women in their 50s, they want a more weathered looking face...". Why did her moronic agent call her in to the office late in the day, on camera, to tell her they went with someone else?! Poor Lou. I looked her up on insta and her bio says 'actress' and @s her agency. The agency seems to rep everyone in NZ by their insta feed, yet not a single shout out for poor Louise amongst their daily posts... (i went back 3 years). The indignity.

Also the segment of her getting her hideous head shots as well. She was styled like the CEO of Findus Crispy Pancakes about to go on the Secret Millionaire.

XszQszKY_ICjs0vi7Pf4VzM7uWnGGJc_1n7ypaFybOt_NXMSiFDhN0mTeLSCGChsHQviGBxDmbZpaEnsyECVAhWyQkZ5k0gaf9yzGDk56i9fRqMIkYuArdM_ZaHzEG4ok7ry7PW8RI9GtNRtDIEx8e53TQ

I also loved her weeping for Angela's absentee brother, and then trashing her boring book launch. "After an hour and a half we were ushered into another room, that looked absolutely the same to the previous room, and that's when I knew the night was definitively a dud".

And her competitive streak at the race course. It meant SO much to her to win that race.

She was also the best talking head throughout... "For Julia it will be one of the big learning moments in her life..." SAGE QUEEN. I also liked her arched eyebrows at Julia on the boat in the instant aftermath of racist-gate. And forgetting to get Michelle a present at her bday party only to say "I'll take you for lunch at a restaurant of your choice in Auckland..." - which truly, would be the best present one could receive from New Zealand's Anne Robinson?!

I live for her. I've been stalking them on insta and apparently they all reunited for a Bravo NZ special THIS MONTH, sans Julia! So the possibility of a S2, four years on, isn't completely off the cards? I'd die.

OMG I LOVE LOUISE <3 I actually wanted to include her in my countdown, but I thought it would be TOO MUCH AUCKLAND with Gilda, Michelle and Angela already part of the countdown - however Auckland seems to be SUCH a fan fave it generates far more discussion than I ever realised.

However this post now basically means I don't even need to write one :disco: Actually SCREAM at you scrolling three years back on her agencies Instagram account :D

Did the reunion special actually happen? Did anybody WATCH IT? I'm sure a season 2 is in the works. If anybody has a LINK do let me know :D

I always forget how well Louise reacted to the RACIST DRAMA too:

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom