‘Breathe’ is 21

“Don’t blame me just because I’m bored”

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As it’s my favourite Kylie single (sometimes it’s ‘Slow’) I thought it was threadworthy. Love the single and album versions. She’s perfect at this kinda thing. Interested to hear what opinions on this song are.

It's good, but for ME, Some Kind of Bliss and Did It Again were better singles :disco:

Prefer the kick of the single version.

I probably prefer Some Kind Of Bliss as a song, but I think she's vocally not at home (and dare I say a little yelpy) on it. This very much more feels like a Kylie song to me.

Easily my favourite single from Impossible Princess. Some Kind of Bliss and Did It Again have both aged poorly for me. They feel like Kylie trying on costumes that don't fit her. (Manic Street Preachers and Garbage respectively).

I think Did It Again is more successful than Bliss in terms of her inhabiting the song, but yes, it still sounds like Kylie singing a song that wasn't intended for her.

it still sounds like Kylie singing a song that wasn't intended for her.

That's why I like them though, especially in this era. Lets go Nick Cave, lets go Bangles. Can't sing it I will do it anyway; my faves being Halli are the ones with the pop melody

Love the single edit. Find the album one a bit slow for my liking.

21 years though, bloody hell!

Easily my favourite single from Impossible Princess. Some Kind of Bliss and Did It Again have both aged poorly for me. They feel like Kylie trying on costumes that don't fit her. (Manic Street Preachers and Garbage respectively).
Disagree with that assessment. Perhaps as singles they feel like that, but in the context of the album they don't feel 'costumey' at all.

I don't like Did It Again. I never have. I don't especially like her vocals on it and find it embarrassing to honest.

Also the album version of a Breathe is clearly superior. The single mix sounds wrong.

Some Kind Of Bliss I can take in small doses. The vocal is a bit screechy. She would do a much better job at it now.

I think the album mix suits the mood of the album better, post trip hoppy beat and I think I slightly prefer that but was glad to see the single mix released as a single, gave it a bit of spark as a stand-alone song. I love Did It Again, the vocal is clearly intended to be a tad off kilter and works. The video works too.

God, how I love “Some Kind of Bliss”, Manics retread or not...

Reactions: SDF
I fucking ADORE this song along with all of its remixes and that video :disco: even if it was obvious they ran out of money by the time they filmed it, deffo one of my fave Kylie packages

I remember Jo Whiley trying her hardest to be patronising when introducing Kylie performing Breathe of TotP. It was definitely the most polished song of the era, but Some Kind of Bliss swoops me up and credit to her for wanting to go there. I like Did It Again, but it would have been more suited to little baby sister nothing desperate Dan and was a These Boots Are made for Walking that sat down and didn't budge. I also love her sultry gasp in honor of Breathe in All The Lovers, which was already soaring at unprecedented levels of Kylie as it was.

Fucking agog that anyone could prefer the single edit.

This is the best song from Impossible Princess*... in its original form. Absolutely immaculate. Breathe/Je t'aime from Money Can't Buy was absolute :disco:

*with the exception of Cowboy Style

Fantastic song in all its versions.

Speaking of Cowboy Style; that instrumental intro is orgasmic.

The fact she STILL wheels out Breathe every now and then and shoehorns it into her setlists speaks levels*

*even if it is on opening night only and then buries back again or a random impromptu perf in some random Japanese date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom