100 gecs - 10000 gecs (album) & Snake Eyes (EP)

I like the idea of this being their naming system for albums. Both an absolute move and total sense at the same time.

I could picture a hundred gecs, and a thousand if I really tried, but ten thousand? We're going to need a bigger vivarium :shock:

I want the cover to be them standing, backs to the camera, in front of an even bigger tree.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
:love: :love:

Screenshot_20210919-095638~2.png

There is a whole piece to be written somewhere about how trans people use their voices in music - as well as autotune and other modulation effects, claire rousay's use of text-to-speech has sparked a lot of conversations too.

Well I'll never get that out of my head! I like it and it reminds me of something from maybe 2007?

• Love
UK dates postponed. Glasgow gig has been moved to September 2022. Fucking Omicron...

• Wow
single is okay, not remotely weird enough for my liking but the vox are great

New song:

I'm into it! It definitely feels like they're moving away from the hyperpop sound in favour of a more garage band type thing, I wonder if that'll be true for the rest of the album?

I saw someone in a comments section say it sounds like yassified Nirvana which is also quite accurate :D

@COB whats new in hyperpop? I feel like I've lost track
I am really out of the loop myself now! :( It feels like a lot of the bigger writers and producers have been evolving their sound, on stuff like the Caroline Polachek album which is obviously very high quality but is definitely moving on from the traditional hyperpop sound. The last big PC Music release was probably the Hyd album, which I've just realised I didn't post when it came out but I'm going to now because I loved it :shock:

A strong album on first listen, for me! I'll need more time with it but it definitely feels like there's a different focus from the last one, much more emphasis on real instruments and the pop-punk/ska influences (but still mixing it with electronic stuff in that way we all love :disco:). I'm declaring it a HIT!

A strong album on first listen, for me! I'll need more time with it but it definitely feels like there's a different focus from the last one, much more emphasis on real instruments and the pop-punk/ska influences (but still mixing it with electronic stuff in that way we all love :disco:). I'm declaring it a HIT!
They have crossed over into Iguana territory so probably not a hit but a success nonetheless!

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom