2022 French Presidential Election

the-evil-is-defeated.gif

Why is he entering with a bunch of kids? 18-24 year olds are the ones that voted the least because they want neither fascism nor this cunt. FUCK OFF YOU DON’T REPRESENT THE YOUNG :manson:

Parliamentary elections now underway with Melechon's left alliance slightly ahead of Macron's. How does French Moopy feel about this?

The Guardian's spin seems to be

If Macron’s party and his allies fail to secure a majority, it would be a setback for the president and could prompt messy bill-by-bill deals with rightwing parties in parliament or an unwanted cabinet reshuffle.

rather than accentuate any positives of the left winning which is slightly :rolleyes: as per.

Parliamentary elections now underway with Melechon's left alliance slightly ahead of Macron's. How does French Moopy feel about this?

The Guardian's spin seems to be

rather than accentuate any positives of the left winning which is slightly :rolleyes: as per.
It’s great to see a united left for so well! Macron’s bloc will still get the most MPs however hopefully they won’t get the absolute majority.

These elections prove again how Macron and his puppets are compatible with the right and Marine Le Pen’s party. In the constituencies where they have been eliminated in the first round, no clear call has been made to block Marine Le Pen’s candidates :manson:

Last edited:
I couldn’t be more disgusted now by my vote for him in the second round to block Marine Le Pen, knowing his electorate will probably choose a fascist over a leftist in these elections :manson::manson::manson:

89! EIGHTY NINE MPs for Marine Le Pen. Never seen before. If anyone’s to blame then it’s Macron, his party and their inability to call to vote to block the fascists. I’d like to see what moopy centrists think about that now…

89! EIGHTY NINE MPs for Marine Le Pen. Never seen before. If anyone’s to blame then it’s Macron, his party and their inability to call to vote to block the fascists. I’d like to see what moopy centrists think about that now…
Didn't both the left and the centre refuse to endorse each other over Le Pen's party? I would not identify as a Moopy centrist but I would say the French seem like they've fucked it ACROSS THE BOARD here

Didn't both the left and the centre refuse to endorse each other over Le Pen's party? I would not identify as a Moopy centrist but I would say the French seem like they've fucked it ACROSS THE BOARD here
The Left has been clear about it, not a single vote going to Marine Le Pen and her candidates.
The Centre left it completely unclear and some candidates actually called to evaluate the constituencies case by case :manson:
Some Left candidates, in the rare triangulars, stood down when they came third in the first round. That wasn’t the case with Macron’s candidates. And there’s already at least one Le Pen candidate elected like this.

yeah this is an awful result in terms of the gains made by Le Pen and the continued normalisation of far right views in political and cultural life. she might well be the next President.

let's hope that Macron works with the left rather than the right in getting his bills passed.

Also, NOT A CENTRIST, but do you really think this picture would have been better had Le Pen won the presidency? Nobody on here was pushing you to vote Macron until that was literally the binary choice on the table!

How likely is it that Nupes will stay united now that the election is done?

What comes next? Does the parliament need to vote on a prime minister/give the current PM its support?

Also, NOT A CENTRIST, but do you really think this picture would have been better had Le Pen won the presidency? Nobody on here was pushing you to vote Macron until that was literally the binary choice on the table!
Le Pen is the number one enemy that has never been clearer. People still thinking Macron is our saviour from her should just realise she just went from 8 MPS to 89 BECAUSE of Macron. I don’t how we’re expected to back a president who would rather see fascists than the left in the parliament.

How likely is it that Nupes will stay united now that the election is done?

What comes next? Does the parliament need to vote on a prime minister/give the current PM its support?
Yes, Macron will probably try to govern with Les Républicains.

Le Pen is the number one enemy that has never been clearer. People still thinking Macron is our saviour from her should just realise she just went from 8 MPS to 89 BECAUSE of Macron. I don’t how we’re expected to back a president who would rather see fascists than the left in the parliament.
I have an idea :disco:
E6617DFD-5045-4940-94B2-C78C5B3C676A.jpeg

Love how polarised the world has become that even the word Centrist is now something dirty that you have to distance yourself from.

Losing his majority might be a good thing, like Miss Jark I also hope that he can team up with the moderate left, and if not, well still better than a far right alternative.

Love how polarised the world has become that even the word Centrist is now something dirty that you have to distance yourself from.

Losing his majority might be a good thing, like Miss Jark I also hope that he can team up with the moderate left, and if not, well still better than a far right alternative.
It IS a dirty word when you increase the fascists’ power.

Let’s have a state pension age of 50.
Let’s have no state pension.
Let’s have a state pension age of 65.

Is the middle option inherently evil/cowardly?

I did rather enjoy Mélenchon's speech earlier. Girl knows how to read, and how to troll. She's France's Emily Thornberry, in her own way.

It's obviously very troubling that the RN has become so mainstream.

I still believe that - for his many faults - Macron is still a better leader for Europe than many of the alternatives. And still maintain that - when you come from a country that elects Boris Johnson - having a Macron as France's head of state is far more appealing.

I mean centrism is fundamentally bollocks. You can't sensibly define your politics in relation to other political opinions, can you?

DON'T KILL POOR PEOPLE

LET THE POOR DIE

What if we only kill some poor people?

Counterpoint - all too often in politics, voting for the least-worst option is the only viable option unless you're happy to carp from the sidelines forever. It's frustrating how many left-wing activists around the world shoot themselves and the rest of us in the foot by refusing to countenance any form of meaningful compromise.

Also, I don't define as centrist, but I'm not sure anybody really does? Centre-left or centre-right, sure. But if you listened to some people, you'd think those two positions were entirely morally equivalent.

(This isn't really about France anymore BTW, more of a general point)

Let’s have a state pension age of 50.
Let’s have no state pension.
Let’s have a state pension age of 65.

Is the middle option inherently evil/cowardly?
You shouldn't be deciding on 65 because it's the middle ground. You should be deciding on it because you genuinely believe it to be best policy position, and arguing for it. You then negotiate into the middle ground if you don't command a majority for the proposal. Defining yourself BY the middle ground is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom