22 dead at Manchester Arena Ariana Grande concert bombing

I wish I lived closer to my mate who was at the event. He was sent home from work yesterday.

Yes I can imagine, my work have been amazing they just said straight off you aren't coming in this week take the time you need it. Mr Beryl's boss however expected him to go get a train the morning after whilst we were still stuck in Manchester and be there by 11. He didn't but he did go in yesterday and his boss brought him home at dinner.

You need time to reflect and process and you simply can't do that whilst you're trying to put on a brave face

My mate went with his cousin, who had just had a haircut. When he went into work the following day, one of his colleagues said "did your hair get blown off?" :manson:

STOP FUCKING HATE have gone in for a 'maybe it's the way Ariana dresses that caused it' clickbait article... nice one cunts.

STOP FUCKING HATE have gone in for a 'maybe it's the way Ariana dresses that caused it' clickbait article... nice one cunts.

I've not seen the DM article but there have been others (written by women) pointing out that Ariana is everything Islamic State despise. She's an attractive, confident, bright young woman in control of her own destiny who has no hang ups about wearing skimpy clothes and is adored by millions of young women around the world who get to hear her message on equality.

As far as the sad fucks wanking themselves silly in their bedrooms chanting the Koran are concerned, she needs to be stopped.

I legit cannot imagine living in a kind of world which didn't have Into You.

Yes but that's not for the STOP FUCKING HATE to point out, with pictures simultaneously saying 'she's the cause' whilst flaunting pictures of her semi-naked in their paper... How do people read this crap and not feel the hypocrisy streaming from their bodies?

I tweeted last week that Into You is the best pop song of the last 5 years and I stand by it. It's just perfect in every way.

Ariana is hardly controversial though, compared to some of the other female
popstars, she's pretty conservative, really.

The "I hate America" donut-licking incident was a pretty big deal. The hoo haa surrounding it seems even more moronic and frivolous than before now, but still. It even cost her a performance at the White House - http://gawker.com/dnc-hack-ariana-grande-wasnt-allowed-to-perform-at-the-1784154320

edit: ...also one of her biggest hits is about being sore after riding a huge cock

I'm shocked to read (on the Ariania Grande discography Wiki page) that Ariana has released 31 singles! 31!! When did this happen?

Turn out she's been around since 2013, most of the singles are either buzz singles or collaborations with other artists. But still I seem to have only heard about 5-6 of them before.

I REALLY can't imagine they chose Ariana above ANY OTHER ARTIST because she represented something that she did not. I am not shading her, but I just don't think it has significance and profoundness to the extent that some of you think it does.

I REALLY can't imagine they chose Ariana above ANY OTHER ARTIST because she represented something that she did not. I am not shading her, but I just don't think it has significance and profoundness to the extent that some of you think it does.
I think it was probably important she was American, to be honest, just for the added focus it would bring to it.

Probably! I mean, I think they're all relevant, but I also think its about opportunism, the potential for maximum loss of life etc etc. I don't think they're opposed to what Ariana represents, although, of course, they are...

In a series of revolting tweets, Piers Morgan criticizes Ariana Grande for not staying in the UK to visit her wounded fans at the hospital... :manson:

When will this stupid old piece of sh1t finally pay for his crimes??

I agree. I reckon it was because it was an artist the bomber had heard of.

I would say the only significance of Ariana is her target market. Perhaps that she is American as well, but then I'm unsure as to how much planning goes into these things. I can't quite imagine a terrorist organisation sitting down and scouring the latest tour dates to wait for Ariana specifically.

On any other given night it surely could just have easily been a Little Mix or Justin Bieber gig.

I'd wager it was more a matter of timing than a targetted attack on one artist. This looks like a well-planned operation from the top. With IS losing Mosul they wanted to send a message that they still have strength.

I wouldn't think it would be targeting Ariana specifically. I'd say they picked where and around when they were going to do it and then probably looked at who was performing around that time and picked the one that would draw the most reaction - i.e. Ariana rather than Take That on a global scale. And possibly the audience type. But as said, a Justin Bieber/Little Mix/Harry Style concert would've been interchangeable for them I'd say.

LBC sacking Katie Hopkins is great, especially after her getting sued for a fuck-ton earlier this year. Here's to more Schadenfreude to come.

That one of the UK's biggest channels has Piers fucking Morgan as a host on their breakfast show fucks me right off. Between The Sun being our biggest paper, and our TV channels being desperate to pay anyone who'll say racist shit on twitter, we really do have a fucking gutter press in this country.

I didn't realise until very recently what Piers Morgan was all about, as I don't watch Good Morning Britain. He truly is an utter cunt.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a personality disorder the way he treated Ian Hislop after his Have I Got News Appearance some time before he was sacked as editor of the Mirror.

The best/worst Piers moment was a few months ago when he got into the Twitter spat with JK Rowling after he was told by an Australian comedian to fuck off to his face.

And Lily Allen's response to him earlier this week was wonderful.

How the hell he hasn't been prosecuted for phone hacking is beyond me.

Who is this fucking Piers Morgan? He was one of the guests in an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher not long ago and made me want to punch the screen. Thankfully, everyone else on the show hated him too.

Watching Bill Maher is reason enough to punch your screen.

Piers Morgan is the worst, he gets into twitter fights when th just about anyone to stay relevant.

Does Paula Yates have any more kids still alive that can call him out on TV for being a rent-a-gob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom