7 months later: who won Melfest 2020 for you?

And your 'winner' is...

• Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come

• Dotter - Bulletproof

• The Mamas - Move

• Other please state

Results are only viewable after voting.

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Has anything changed for you since the final in terms of what you're still listening to?

Personally, I was all over Move at the time and delighted it won but I don't really listen to it anymore. Not LEAST because they have some other excellent material that I am enjoying instead - #Justice4WhitneyInThe80s - and also because it reminds me of the absolute height of lockdown and I don't need that.

So for me, Booletproof is the enduring 'winner' of 2020. How about you?

Bulletproof was my lockdown anxiety anthem for much of this year, so much so that I've kind of burned out on it now.

Slightly surprisingly, The Mamas have released much better post-MF material than Dotter so far, so I generally have warmer feelings towards them right now.

Reactions: dUb
Anna’s is the song I just keep on coming back to.

Well if the question is who won MF for me, I’d have to go Dotter, I’m still sort of obsessed with that staging.

I really like all 3 songs but Bulletproof was the whole package for me

Reactions: dUb
I'm happy The Mamas had their moment but I think they'd have come 18th in the finals in May. Bulletproof is the better song and Anna has delivered the goods two years in succession and I'm enjoying her rise from the "This Is My Life" ashes.

Bulletproof it is.

I'm happy The Mamas had their moment but I think they'd have come 18th in the finals in May. Bulletproof is the better song and Anna has delivered the goods two years in succession and I'm enjoying her rise from the "This Is My Life" ashes.

Bulletproof it is.
There is absolutely no way an entry that was as jury friendly as Move would've missed the top ten, especially as it was headed for a potential top five televote result. I remember some of the precontest preview videos and I hadn't seen white people so excited in years

Other - Vem e som oss

I still love the top three though! I think the Mamas were the correct winner, tbh.

I have a strong suspicion SVT are going to have a few dummy performances lined up for 2021 that they plan to immediately replace with the Bulletproof staging concept for Eurovision itself if they win, to try balance the trade-off between everyone in Sweden going "oh NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN" if they did it at MF, versus every canny delegation in Europe that doesn't have to bother with a national selection eyeing that jacket lustfully at the sales.

As such I declare the true winner of MF 2020 LAUREN (SP?) - STATEMENTS DAUGHTER (SP?) - BULLETPROOF

Last edited:
There is absolutely no way an entry that was as jury friendly as Move would've missed the top ten, especially as it was headed for a potential top five televote result. I remember some of the precontest preview videos and I hadn't seen white people so excited in years

I'm sure it would've done ok with the juries but fallen flat with the televote. But hey, could've, should've, would've. We'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom