90s UK Gameshows

Have been enjoying an oddball collection of late 80s / 90s gameshows of late and wondered if there were any gems I'm missing. Also keen to find more sources as YouTube availability is a bit patchy and is giving me the vhs-to-dvd-to-windows98 grand total of 14 pixels. Here's what is currently on the menu:
  • The Krypton Factor - observation rounds are genuinely gripping (and is there a fan page for Marion Chanter? iconíque.)
  • Blockbusters - charming and wholesome but the old fella gives me operation Yewtree vibes
  • Obviously... the Crystal Maze... yasss (let's pretend the Edward Tudor Pole moment didn't happen) ugh would you START THE FANS PLEASE MUMSY

I watched an episode of BBC lunchtime show Turnabout the other week on YouTube. It’s stood the test of time.

Gods Gift with our Davina.

(Oh dear at the double whammy of Stuart Hall AND Jimmy Saville providing commentary)

Gods Gift with our Davina.

(Oh dear at the double whammy of Stuart Hall AND Jimmy Saville providing commentary)
Did they? I had forgotten there was commentary.

That was the slightly saucy late night one wasn't it?

Did they? I had forgotten there was commentary.

That was the slightly saucy late night one wasn't it?

It was late nite and semi saucy.

Plus they had gay specials once in a while. However...... one of the gay contestants turned out to be a murderer AND a cannibal in later years.

It’s never going to be repeated on all of this evidence is it! There are a few clips on YouTube though

Lily’s BB off script outtakes are hilarious if you haven’t seen them. I concur.

latest

Reactions: D5K
I loved Big Break because snooker <3 just a shame they had cunt Davidson presenting

Speaking of Going For Gold, how far did they cast the net in terms of contestants? That clip shows Luxembourg, Denmark and Finland. Did it ever go really exotic like Portugal or Greece, or was it a strictly northern European thing?

CBBC had one called The Movie Game with Philip Schofield and Jonathan Morris - I always wanted to go on because I always got more questions right than the the kids who made it on. It got worse when Barrowman took over.

Last edited:
:disco: Diddy's here to tell us about KERRAZY JAPANESE GAMESHOWS

hate to disappoint but I haven’t seen ANYTHING that matched my expectation. People I’ve talked to are BAFFLED that British people still watch repeats of Takeshi’s castle.

the biggest difference is that I don’t think I ever see quiz shows with members of the public as contestants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom