A Moopy podcast?

I think a Moopy podcast is

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Might as well start the conversation! Podcasts are very DOABLE these days.

Do you think there should be one? We have a lot of witty, engaging people here...

What would one be like? I think something closely tied to the forum would be cool. Like reporting on what went down in the latest ASFM, etc.

Of course, people being on the forum and people agreeing to their activity being BROADCAST to all and sundry aren't the same thing, so there might be issues there.

Anyway, THOUGHTS?

C*NT OF THE WEEK item is a must, along with QoL

it actually came up in conversation with my housemate/friend/confirmed fellow bachelor the other day, and I felt embarrassed having to explain it :redface:

EE66x2CWkAAH9o8.jpg:large

An ‘ASK SALLY THOMSETT’ featurette would really pummel those audianc retenshun figures darlings.

CALL MY AGENT x

Lucille’s favourite entry of the week too please

I think the best approach would be to do something with an aim of it being FOR US rather than trying to really compete in the gay podcast space. Of course if it picks up listeners who then become posters, great.

And even one a month would be fine to start with

MOOPY MONTHLY coming soon, subscribe wherever you get your podcasts

It's the natural progression. Several of us had LEPT at the chance to do mini videos/ voice clips.

We could always have Moopy Parish Council meetings over zoom.

I'm not putting myself forward to DRIVE it by the way. Happy to be a consultant/occasional contributor

I think so long as we aren't accidentally giving away details about a poster that they don't want shared outside of the forum then sure.

Not sure how much I’d contribute mind. ”So Soldi, how many times have you got drunk and left out of embarrassment tonight?”

I suppose HerSereneHeighnessAnniFrid would be quite a pain to say constantly.

I'd be happy to be the resident Gaming forum/EastEnders thread correspondent, if required 👀

Contributions can literally be Whatsapp voice notes, strung together by a host/revolving panel of hosts. Or it could be the audio of a group Zoom call.

It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be, really

The podcast platform Anchor (which I use for mine) has a cool feature where you can include full Spotify songs in an episode, so every ASFM could have an accompanying podcast with comments before/after the songs, etc.

I think I'm quite anti- the idea to be honest?

not to be a downer or anything, but I don't know what purpose it serves to keep finding ways to take the Moopy community off Moopy and into other media? I kind of feel the same about that Jukebox thing. our thing is we're a forum/gay chat lounge.

also with a podcast we'd presumably be looking to expand the audience for the forum a bit (otherwise why bother?) and with that comes all kind of issues like people coming in who don't get it, and the kind of exposure we might not necessarily benefit from. it's quite an insular place and launching a podcast seems to run counter to that

maybe however i have just fundamentally misunderstood what is being suggested here

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom