A Second to Midnight (from Disco: Guest List Edition)

Rate it, lovers

• Total voters
I like it more than I thought I would from the thread, especially the pre-chorus. I do like Olly though, so that helps

8/10 on first listen

Nothing against Olly/Years & Years myself, but I do think it’s a bit weird that they spent a year on this and all they’ve done is throw together a handful of slightly beneath-her duets.

(Love Jessie Ware but she’s not exactly an A-lister, is she?)

What can anyone POSSIBLY have against Olly and his lovely net top?

I MEAN REALLY!

Nothing against Olly/Years & Years myself, but I do think it’s a bit weird that they spent a year on this and all they’ve done is throw together a handful of slightly beneath-her duets.

Did they though? She was away in the backwater that is Australia for much of that time.

They've had a year, but certainly not spent it.

So she shouldn’t work with someone she admires professionally and as a person because they’re not an A lister? Strange implication.

I wonder if she might record another album before she tours.

Also Jessie makes perfect sense given that she released the era defining disco album last year.

Who exactly ARE the A Listers we’d apparently prefer here? Céline Dion? Billie Eilish? MARIAH?

I’m sure Ed Sheeran would go down well :disco:

I get this. Jessie fits because she’s cool, but Gloria? And Olly? Meh.

The Gloria song is produced by the makers of Magic so make of that what you will. I suppose she is a nod to that bygone era. It's not as if Kylie could have roped in Donna, is it?

So she shouldn’t work with someone she admires professionally and as a person because they’re not an A lister? Strange implication.
Never mind that this is for a reissue of a year old album. Essentially it's a gift/fleece for the fans. She's got a classic gay icon, and two current gay faves, one of whom her fanbase has been crying out for her to work with.

Still, I suppose they aren't Lewis Capaldi, Joel Corry or LadBaby, are they?

Also we had her doing inaudible BVs for Ed Sheeran and look how that turned out.

Dua was the BIG NAME collab really.

Gloria is a disco legend and associated with two of the biggest disco hits of all time, it makes absolute sense to me they’d rope her in.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
The Gloria song is produced by the makers of Magic so make of that what you will. I suppose she is a nod to that bygone era. It's not as if Kylie could have roped in Donna, is it?
Yes, a bit dead apparently :(

Maybe they could have got her to phone in some vox from beyond the grave. NO EFFORT MADE AS USUAL :tongueout:

Now I’m fond of OLD GLO, I absolutely agree, but let’s face it, she’s far from a top drawer pull. Something with Nile Rodgers or the suchlike…

Now I’m fond of OLD GLO, I absolutely agree, but let’s face it, she’s far from a top drawer pull. Something with Nile Rodgers or the suchlike…

To be fair, I did think he'd make an appearance. Especially since they've worked with each other before.

Never mind that this is for a reissue of a year old album. Essentially it's a gift/fleece for the fans. She's got a classic gay icon, and two current gay faves, one of whom her fanbase has been crying out for her to work with.

Still, I suppose they aren't Lewis Capaldi, Joel Corry or LadBaby, are they?
:D Just can’t believe she hasn’t done a duet with LadBaby. Look how much she must hate her gay fans :(

Seriously for a second though, if she isn't touring any time soon (and that's the impression she gave Zoe) it would make sense to record a quick loosely disco themed follow up and tour both albums together.

Seriously for a second though, if she isn't touring any time soon (and that's the impression she gave Zoe) it would make sense to record a quick loosely disco themed follow up and tour both albums together.

She does run the danger of doing a Steps though- that half-baked “second album” concept hasn’t seemed to work for them.

She does run the danger of doing a Steps though- that half-baked “second album” concept hasn’t seemed to work for them.

It seems as if she may have recorded much more this year than is apparent at the moment (could just be wishful thinking though). I'd be really surprised if just one song came out of the sessions with Jessie and her team for example - not another duet but a cowrite at least.

While of course I wouldn't object to him doing a guest spot, she has worked with Nile before and he is all over the place - he isn't exactly selective in his collaborations. I like the idea of Gloria as a slightly left field Kylie pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom