A Song For Moopy 2020 CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Right after much toing and froing, A SONG FOR MOOPY is BACK.

So, nice and simple. Even easier than before.
  • First week theme is: ANYTHING GOES. You may choose any song to compete with.
  • The only stipulation is that it must have a SONG TITLE and have an ARTIST NAME.
  • Just send me a link to a YouTube clip of the song. If that's a problem, we can discuss further. Do not discuss your entry on here yet. You CAN mention that you're playing.
  • I'm creating a Spotify playlist. I can accept songs that aren't there, but it will give you distinct disadvantage.
  • Once the songs are in, there will be a VOTE, Eurovision STYLE. All competitors will expected to listen to and vote for the other songs.
  • You have ONE WEEK to enter. Closing date for entries 20th April 17:00 BST.
  • In addition, to pacify those wanting to use countries, I will send you a country name, which will be used instead of your username.
If this works it will take place on a recurring basis. If anyone wants to take charge after this week, please SAY. I felt there was TOO MUCH back and forth and someone had to set a precedent. I'm not that bothered if someone else wants to do it.

Last edited:
It would have been courteous to check in with me, or others before you decided to take this on by yourself, considering the detailed discussions we have had about it as a group. Even a PM or something would have been something. I’ve been ill so not been around much the past week, plus we still have lots of other things going on or coming to an end.

However, if you’re that desperate to take control of it, then go ahead!

He’s said other people can take the lead afterwards though love?

It would have been courteous to check in with me, or others before you decided to take this on by yourself, considering the detailed discussions we have had about it as a group. Even a PM or something would have been something. I’ve been ill so not been around much the past week, plus we still have lots of other things going on or coming to an end.

However, if you’re that desperate to take control of it, then go ahead!
I literally said I'm happy to pass it over after this round. Sorry I didn't mention it, I just hadn't seen you around, I didn't know you were ill.

If I'm honest the whole thing was just getting too complicated. There's a thin line between detail and over complication.

I literally said I'm happy to pass it over after this round. Sorry I didn't mention it, I just hadn't seen you around, I didn't know you were ill.

If I'm honest the whole thing was just getting too complicated. There's a thin line between detail and over complication.

No, it’s fine, and it’s probably good that we get it kicked off anyway. But you know what I’m like as a stickler for detail, especially when it comes to Eurovision. I might run an actual country specific one later down the line if this is a success! :)

Given my general lack of intelligence, is there any further rules Ag? Like are we sending in random unknown tracks etc as if we were putting them forward into Eurovision etc?

Given my general lack of intelligence, is there any further rules Ag? Like are we sending in random unknown tracks etc as if we were putting them forward into Eurovision etc?
Anything you like hun. You can put a huge hit, a four hour symphony, an obscure remix or something only you know.

Does anyone think I should start posting the songs each day. That way its easier to listen in advance.

Do I get to vote if I don’t participate?

Does anyone think I should start posting the songs each day. That way its easier to listen in advance.
I will be the Russia of the competition then, after checking what everyone else sent, I'll choose something that makes me stand out. :disco:

I'd prefer to wait until the end before you post all the songs. This is obviously dependent on how long you are planning to leave it open for voting and whether anyone actually does submit a four hour symphony.

I wonder who will be the SAN MARINO of the competition

I've decided to go with something a bit more suitable for the locals. Mid 00s indie-pop doesn't exactly scream 'hit' with the illuminoopy.
This is my dilemma. I want to pick something most people probably haven’t heard but if other people pick stone cold classics how can I compete with that?

Reactions: D5K
I'll be entering something obscure and I may well penalise anything too well known in my voting.

Aside from choosing a song I think is the absolute bee's tits, my selection process was basically 'what would I most want to listen to if I was shitfaced or pilled up right now?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom