A Song For Moopy: The Worldvision Song Contest. CLOSED. Stunning Erection Gala TONIGHT, 8pm

ButterTart

Succulent Chinese meal
"Been around the world and I-I-I
I can't find my Mopsy"

Cool worldvision meme.png

(That picture of Earthrealm is hand-drawn from MEMORY. I've also included loads of cool dank memes to encourage younger Mopsists to participate. Also it's supposed to say July)
Bonsoir, goedenavond! That’s ‘good evening’ in French and Dutch, although I’ve got absolutely no idea which is which.

A wise Esthonian peasant once said of A Song For Suomifrid: “No one will ever live up to this.” While he himself died in a tragic and accidental houseboat arson mere minutes later, his words have forever stuck with me. With that in mind, prepare yourself for several weeks of:

• MS Paint!​
  • Blocks of text!​
  • A recap video made by someone else!​

Worldvision will function like any other ASFM (Think Kalavision, only with a timescale shorter than the gestation period of an Indian elephant). The twist here is that you’ll be assigned the country you’re representing by picking a number at random :o

There are 80 (eighty) potential countries up for grabs, and you have to pick a song by an artist from that country. For those that want them, I have a stock of 20 easier and 20 harder countries. There won’t be any points advantage for opting for one of these, it’s purely for those who want a challenge or have lives outside Mopsy and don’t have time to trawl through every edition of Now Dance: Myanmar looking for inspiration.

HOW TO PLAY

Because so many countries have now been picked, just DM me with a number between 1 and 34 :disco:

SUBMITTING YOUR SONG

The theme for the flag gala is STUNNING ERECTIONS. You need to choose any artificial structure from your assigned country. This can be anything – building, statue, metro station, ring road, Charlotte Perrelli’s post-2009 face – although I’m hoping that Moopy’s predilection for post-war brutalism will come into play.

Please send your entry in the following format

SONG TITLE:

ARTIST NAME:

YOUTUBE AND SPOTIFY LINKS:

PHOTO OF STUNNING ERECTION:

If you could include the name of your erection, that would be mint and save me a reverse image search.

And that’s basically IT. I’m looking at giving a bit of extra time for finding songs, so we’ll reconvene here in a FORTNIGHT (That’s two weeks, @RJN) to see where we’re at.

Below, you’ll find a handy guide to what I’ll accept as part of this brief. For any other queries, please consult the handbook of unwritten rules.

My best,

Buttersley Tartine

Last edited:
Now, people often say to me, they say ‘Butters’ they say, ‘You’ve the looks of a young Kelsey Grammer and the smouldering tones of a white Curtis Stigers, but how will I know if my artist is eligible for my Worldvision country?’ And I say to them, I say ‘Cwej’ I say, ‘Take a look at this informative list below and please stop breaking into my house’.

Congratulations! Your country is Moopvania. Your artist can be any of the following:

• A native Moopvanian.
  • A naturalised Moopvanian citizen.
  • A duo or group (Because a group is more than two) containing at least one native Moopvanian.
  • Part of the Moopvanian diaspora (If Wikipedia calls them American-Moopvanian, they’re good to go).
  • A non-Moopvanian singer with a Moopvanian producer (The producer has to be credited; Moopvanian hotshot Ladzlad Zladz may well have been brought in to produce Woke A.F (Tik Tok Kween) for Madonna’s 2020 album Young and Relevant, but if he’s not listed as ‘Ladzlad Zladz ft. Madonna’ (or similar) then I’m afraid it doesn’t count).
  • A Moopvanian covering a non-Moopvanian song.
  • A non-Moopvanian who is closely associated with Moopvania (You’ll need to show me your evidence or bobs before I accept one of these).
  • Probably loads of other options a troublemaker like @OutSynk or @Barnacle blindside me with.
Your song DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN YOUR COUNTRY’S LANGUAGE

UPDATE:
Many people have approached me to say ‘you’re the greatest living Englishman and you have such glossy hair, but what do I do if my song’s not on Spotify?’

Because of the nature of this challenge, you don’t need to have a Spotify link. As long as it’s on YouTube, you’re good. Obviously a Spotify link would be very much desirable, but I have a cunning plan B which involving Spotify’s ability to host local files…

Last edited:
Imagine if I got France :basil:

Oh I’m blaming the French entry on Soldi whatever it is

Anyway never mind that, imagine if Diddy gets a non-Asian country! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom