A Song For Moopy - why did you choose your entry?

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
I don’t think this was really discussed at the time, but what made you pick your entry for the recent extravaganza? CURIOUS to know

I had enjoyed my song a lot last year, then it came on while I was in the shower and I thought RIGHT THAT'S THE ONE without considering much else - for all the good it did me :D

I had enjoyed my song a lot last year, then it came on while I was in the shower and I thought RIGHT THAT'S THE ONE without considering much else - for all the good it did me :D
I liked yours a lot.

I was having a particularly hard time with this all around the time of song selection, and kept coming back to this song which I feel is the audio equivalent of wearing your heart on your sleeve. The video is one of my favourites, because it conveys the simple message of the song so well, a message that feels particularly poignant right now.

I’m expecting a 20 page topic when I wake up, but I guess I’ll share mine.

I got into J Soul Brothers thanks to a few Japanese friends’ recommendations, and RYUSEI in particular. It had been their biggest hit, and the biggest song of that year (maybe 2014?), hence so many YouTube views so I have a lot of good memories about it.

I thought that sort of EDM-pop is really popular here, and wasn’t the cute girl group template I thought people associated with J-pop.

I was having a particularly hard time with this all around the time of song selection, and kept coming back to this song which I feel is the audio equivalent of wearing your heart on your sleeve. The video is one of my favourites, because it conveys the simple message of the song so well, a message that feels particularly poignant right now.

I ADORE Say Hello, but was like, this was a hit, I know this really well.

I was surprised that @COB's entry didn't do better actually

As for mine: PERVERSITY :disco:

Also, I'm quite the Babs aficionado and I love the video and song so I thought: bit of variety, that'll do

I was surprised that @COB's entry didn't do better actually

As for mine: PERVERSITY :disco:

Also, I'm quite the Babs aficionado and I love the video and song so I thought: bit of variety, that'll do
I had an afternoon listening to her after hearing it.

Reactions: Zu
I had to think for a second what I entered :D

I just think Fata Morgana is completely my style of music and the clip was outrageously amateur and yet completely perfect. I honestly thought it would have been no contest! Top ten is not too shabby for Dana though and she was likely off her face as per anyway.

- I fucking love it
- I wanted that "did this bitch send THAT?" shock.
- I couldn't care less how well it would do, I would have NEVER predicted top 10.

Mission accomplished.
Oh I KNEW it would be top 10 with ease.

I wanted something that would stand out, have people talking and be remembered - for better or for worse. I've been a Marcus & Martinus fan for a few years and it's my favourite single from them.

Didn't think I had much hope of aiming for the top of the scoreboard with whatever I settled on so decided to go the other direction, genuinely thought it could be an elusive nil pointer. Not that I'm disappointed with 11th, I'd even go as far to say it's my proudest life achievement to date. :tongueout:

I chose the Macy Rodman song because it's upbeat, danceable but a bit off-kilter. Also, I didn't want to pick anything too abrasive cos I figured it would just get patched straight away and Black Dresses do a lot of screaming.

I chose my song in the moments after Ag decided to let me join last minute. I thought of basictry, I considered art, but in the end, I went with something that was leftfield and represents the kind of music I find myself seeking out more and more - stuff that exists outside of Western influences. Plus I knew most of you would send basic boppers and I would stand out. :disco:

I had no idea what to pick at first, I didn’t know if people were just going to go with joke entries or take it all very seriously, so IN THE END I just went with a song I’d been listening to for a while and by an artist that is SOMEWHAT known on here.

I ADORE Say Hello, but was like, this was a hit, I know this really well.
This for me too. I couldn’t rate / listen to it fairly since I’d never heard any of the others really. Well maybe Bailando on some Spanish holiday once but that doesn’t count.

I originally wanted to send a song which isn’t even on Spotify, but I decided to go for a bit of uplifting trance because it was more on-brand for me. Plus I was hoping everyone would be under the influence when it came to voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom