A thread about SHEENA EASTON

I remember seeing Sheena Easton at a gig in Glasgow... she ended up being bottled off the stage. :(

:D

Remember it well.

I edited the school newspaper we briefly had then and this bitter fat bytch who reviewed it slagged off her fake accent. But I made the review more positive. Me and my Kylie fancying best friend LOVED her sluttishness and Prince connection.

Then we both became MADGE loons shortly afterward

He was genuinely straight. I think. :|

Last edited:
Is the Kirsty Wark thing from her attempted comeback where she had that documentary?

I remember it being very funny. Sheena acted like a complete cunt throughout, and at the end narrator Lorraine Kelly stated with palpable satisfaction "Sheena's comeback single 'Giving Up Giving In entered the charts... at number fifty-four :) "

^ Yeah and that's where I remember seeing a clip of it from, with her snapping about the money question. And the lesbian bit at the end was interesting, I did wonder if that was maybe the case with all the adopted children, then there's the butch early haircuts. No wonder she's already a VoR icon.

I also remember how cynical in tone the follow up to The Big Time was and that Lorraine Kelly voiceover over the credits like you say, maybe another BBC Scotland production, cause she is HATED here, I think specifically for once saying she was English on Wogan or something. I assume Wark's show was BBC Scotland considering the Scottish references and I vaguely remember her having her own show.

Even so regardless of her being cunty, the British like to knock down stars who have success and are very cynical, whereas in America they celebrate achievement.

On my youtubing of "prime" Sheena I found so many GEMS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lD39CE90V1A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lD39CE90V1A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lol @ this - http://www.towleroad.com/2008/05/sheena-easton-l.html

That rubbish Glasgow gai should stfu. MADONNA anyone? Ageing gay divas are what it's all about, ask BABS etc

Last edited:
WORST EVER

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8SbgXOTrKE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8SbgXOTrKE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I came across THIS last night and wound up watching the entire "concert" (it's some kind of COUNTY FAIR) utterly agog.

Her voice is SHOT TO FUCK, she radiates UTTER CUNT from every pore, and WTF is that accent?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vz746Mxa6og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PjkdSqpJzBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Watch out boys, Mama's got on her SPANX!" :zombie:

I do kind of admire the way she HIGHTAILED IT to the USA at the first sniffter of $$ and never looked back. :D (Except for the Fabulous fiasco "because the fans demanded it" :D )

Last edited:
Any album that spawned STRUT and SUGAR WALLS must be worth the asking price.

Do I need A Private Heaven? A (Southsea) Sheena recommendation suggests I do!

Oh it's MARVELLOUS! They're reissuing it as a double cd with "Do You" (which is average) and there's another package with "You Could Have Been With Me"/ "Madness, Money And Music", both of which are WELL WORTH THE MONEY

ÂŁ8 each set on Amazon, KIDS...

I need "Best Kept Secret" on cd...I've never heard it but "Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)" is a MAX TRACK AND A HALF

Oh it's MARVELLOUS! They're reissuing it as a double cd with "Do You" (which is average) and there's another package with "You Could Have Been With Me"/ "Madness, Money And Music", both of which are WELL WORTH THE MONEY

ÂŁ8 each set on Amazon, KIDS...
Sold.

My Amazon basket truly is bulging right now. I'm up to about EIGHTY QUID :D

A Sheena Easton thread - I love her so much, it's impossible to hide. I need to have a binge soon.

At least I now know what Rita Hayworth would have looked like if she had made it past Alzheimers.

Her first album "Take My Time" is already available on Cherry Pop. It's ALRIGHT ENOUGH but a bit SLUSHY

"The Lover In Me" Cherry Pop reissue is of course, ESSENTIAL :disco:

Having just checked my iTunes library I realise I'm rather LIGHT on actual Shee albums and pretty HEAVY on shitty compilations. Off to Wikipedia to see what I'm missing then.

Oh bollocks, I can already see this is going to be quite complicated :zombie:

THIS retitled as THAT and rereleased THEN with added twiddy bits.

How SHIT.

Having just checked my iTunes library I realise I'm rather LIGHT on actual Shee albums and pretty HEAVY on shitty compilations. Off to Wikipedia to see what I'm missing then.

Other than "A Private Heaven", those I've heard aren't 100% CLASSICS but there's some great stuff on all of them...

Oh bollocks, I can already see this is going to be quite complicated :zombie:

THIS retitled as THAT and rereleased THEN with added twiddy bits.

How SHIT.

Oh it's not too bad...just the first couple of UK albums and the first US one overlap. Other than that it's STRAIGHT FORWARD

If you buy the remastered "Take My Time" and the double sets above, then you're ENTIRELY SORTED with everything across all the releases

Odd they've missed out "Best Kept Secret"...

I've added the two doubles - Take My Time is a tenner on Amazon so I'm plumping for the ÂŁ8 iTunes version.

I'm not the kind of girl you can kick around
I'm not the kind of girl you can just let down
I'm not the kind of girl you can kick around
I'm not the kind of girl...
GOT A LOT TO LEARN BABY
OH!

:disco:

I've been AWAY from YOU for FAR TOO LONG
Too much ABSENCE makes the HEART grow FRANTIC
I wanna TELL YOU what's been GOIN ON
Operator, get me TRANS ATLANTIC

:disco:

It's a text interview...but I doubt very much she's poor, considering her marriage choices :D

What ARE you talking about? She usually comes across as UTTERLY VILE :D

I beg to differ. She witters on about VEGAS and DATING and what have you but there's nothing EVIL there.

More's the pity...

That's what I'm saying- she comes across WELL in that interview but she's usually FOUL!

Did anyone actually get the reissues then? They sound REALLY GOOD remastering wise..."Sugar Walls" and "Strut" have never sounded so DAMNED FUNKY :disco:

I've not got the "Madness..." reissue yet because I'm trying to limit the amount of cds I'm buying, but it's ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom