A Thread For Discussing Disasters

I hadn't heard of this one before, the cloud of gas that floated into a disco and then ignited is just bizarre and slightly mesmerising.
Yeah, it's one I only found out about by chance; considering the circumstances it's amazing it isn't more widely known. I suppose the fact that there were no Brits among the casualties meant it just wasn't newsworthy over here.

The photos of Los Alfaques are really quite horrifying. Approach with caution.

I do vaguely remember hearing about Los Alfaques in my childhood (but then, it was in mine), but not looking at photos before. I can only compare it to the casts of the victims of Pompeii, but way more graphic.

I do vaguely remember hearing about Los Alfaques in my childhood (but then, it was in mine), but not looking at photos before. I can only compare it to the casts of the victims of Pompeii, but way more graphic.

Curiosity got the better of me with this. The photos look like the aftermath of a war.

I always found the Moorgate Tube station crash fascinating.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorgate_tube_crash

It’s so grim- you can see what looks like a few cars go down…horrible.

Did that container ship just plough right into it? How? Why?

This attack in Sydney 😢

I had a dream in October 2022 (typed it too) which featured a similar event - I sat down to watch the news on TV, and there were reports of a terrorist attack in Australia. :( (Footage was of big silver buildings, but it apparently happened in a boutique). The news (in this dream) mentioned that Enya's sister Olive, who they referred to as the 'pocket' of Enya, haha, was one of the random people bringing others to safety and out of harm's reach.
Despite news that at least 5 people sadly died in the real event, hopefully those affected will physically recover, and that first responders and people's instincts did save many lives. 😌🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom