A thread for experimental, obscure and really interesting electronic music

I saw William Basinski live once. He was rather dashing and fished lops of tape out of a Tupperware container to thread onto the various reels. He's a character.

RsDd3Yb.jpg

Just booked tickets to see William Basinski at the Barbican next year, looking forward to a FUN NIGHT :disco:

96bzVrC.gif

Just booked tickets to see William Basinski at the Barbican next year, looking forward to a FUN NIGHT :disco:

96bzVrC.gif

96bzVrC.gif

@octophone did you know The Bug released a new album in AUGUST. My Spotify is a fucking flop for not notifying me. Pitchfork mentions some of the "techniques" on the album date back to Techno Animal.

@octophone did you know The Bug released a new album in AUGUST. My Spotify is a fucking flop for not notifying me. Pitchfork mentions some of the "techniques" on the album date back to Techno Animal.

Yeah, I was hammering this album for a bit - my favourites are FFSYTHO, both Flowdan tracks and, of course, Moor Mother who I adore in absolutely everything. Absolute stormer of an album.

This was moved when we created all the archive forums, as any thread started before 2019 was automatically moved to the relevant archive following the incident. We can move it out as long as there is nothing terrible in the previous 7 pages.

This was moved when we created all the archive forums, as any thread started before 2019 was automatically moved to the relevant archive following the incident. We can move it out as long as there is nothing terrible in the previous 7 pages.

When you say "terrible", I take it the general taste shown in the thread isn't included...

Fans of sharp treble sounds such as myself will enjoy Neel’s ‘Onip’ as featured on the Northern Electronics fundraiser compilation for our Ukrainian friends :disco:

BUY NOW!

This AMBIENT PIECE wow what a moment. Feelings of comfortably numb emerge.

Last edited:
Here’s a catchy one for the limited attention span crew :disco:

TAKE MORE DRUGS. Also the occasional psychotic break can work wonders :disco:

I’m far too TENSE to sit and listen to ambient/drone without a fistful of BENZOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom