A thread for interesting MAPS

Kate

mildly communist
This is apparently a map made in preparation for a Polish occupation of England by the Warsaw Pact, with phonetic place names. May amuse people in or from SE England.

img.jpg

DAAAAAHN to MAGYT. I think my favourite is Czypyng-Onga though.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go and look at Google Maps to see what Czelek-Lijz is.

This is MY KIND of topic by the way. I've just bought this to hang in the study. :disco:

bold-tuesday-list-of-countries-travel-poster-s_img1_800x.jpg

Lucky the daily thread has gone all SERIOUS or I might have bunged it in there instead of starting a new thread :)

Ooh I fucking love a good map, i have a wall of maps in my dining room :disco:

SAUFEND replacing the TH with a F. ACCURATE.

Nice to see RAMFED on there, but my hometown seems to be hidden under the hatching. :(

This is MY KIND of topic by the way. I've just bought this to hang in the study. :disco:

bold-tuesday-list-of-countries-travel-poster-s_img1_800x.jpg

OOOOH, I LOVE this! Have you got a link?

Oh I thought FEREK was FERRY! Thurrock makes much more sense.

I keep spotting new things. This is a DYSTRYKT LINE TRAIN to APMYNSTE

Reactions: Zu
Fun GEOGRAPHY FACT I discovered during ASFM. My host nation St Kitts and Nevis does not recognise the PRC.
I think quite a few Carribbean nations get a lot of funding and infrastructure from Taiwan in exchange for them recognising them as the true China. I THINK.

Last edited:
And MONACO and SAN MARINO

Valentina DEAD :o

Human Development Index (a combination of quality of life stuff that I can't remember the exact details of) by parts of countries

It's not really talked about as much, but there is so much diversity of development in Central/South America

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom