A thread for interesting MAPS

I'm having a go at Geoguessr now. I've found a pub. Is it cheating if I google it?
There's Youtube account I follow of a guy who basically live streams himself playing it *ahem* :eyes: and he'll sometimes cheat in an attempt to get a perfect score. I find it fascinating. :D

(but yes, it's cheating :kim:)

Oh well. Who knew there was a HACKNEY in DERBYSHIRE? I wonder what the bins are like.

The second one is a bit easier, it's plonked me right outside the Salvation Army Braintree. :D

How in heavens name are you supposed to do it if you can’t Google places you find?

I’m playing it Treasure Hunt style

I cheated...

I realized it was a small town in Africa and I knew I’d never be able to guess correctly. It was in rural South Africa

I didn’t want to pay for the local ones. But I’m probably going to now that I’m into it

I’m somewhere in Texas now. The shopping center has a Boot Barn and a Dress Barn which is very Schitt’s creek blouse barn

Hmmph i was in the banlieues of Paris and then it crashed on me :(

How in heavens name are you supposed to do it if you can’t Google places you find?

I’m playing it Treasure Hunt style
Honestly, I've got QUITE GOOD as knowing roughly where I am, and then deducing it further by looking for the language on signs and general stuff like that. I was FOOLED by an Italian restaurant in Albania last night though. :evil:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.

This website updates daily with snow and ice cover :disco:

This is the latest map in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE :disco:
ims2021008.gif

So is the name The Beautiful South a joke? That went over my head

Has FKA Twigs sold decently anywhere, or is Gloucestershire just really useless? (sorry @Alex)

Anyway, I'm pleased they have recognised Bristol as a county, but disappointed we don't have Bananarama :(

A quick play reveals I don't love SPOOKY TRUTH'S music, was expecting something a bit more GOTHY.

I think that's just North Yorkshire.
Oh that's true. I forget how many bits Yorkshire has. And how big it is.

I suppose North Yorkshire is about 90% dales, but EVEN SO. Fuck off Shed Seven.

I'll take the Sex Pistols :disco: (although it's just Jones & Cook that are from Shepherd's Bush)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom