AB FAB rewatch Thursday 19th Nov 20:00: Series Three - Door Handle/Happy New Year/Sex

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Moopy asked for it, so LET'S DO IT. I'm not entirely sure how it's going to work, other than us all sitting here typing the same quotes simultaneously, but we'll start with the first three episodes of series one and see. All the series are available in the UK on both BBC iPlayer and Netflix.

ooh-lovely.gif

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
Are we watching on Netflix or BBC? I don’t think any of the first three episodes are edited in either but JUST IN CASE.

COB

honk
I was going to do iPlayer tonight, but either is fine for me - "Poor" in series 2 definitely has an edit as I discovered in the other thread, but I'm not sure about any other episodes.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Are we watching on Netflix or BBC? I don’t think any of the first three episodes are edited in either but JUST IN CASE.
Never thought of that. I have Netflix open but can change.

Sheena

I was going to do iPlayer tonight, but either is fine for me - "Poor" in series 2 definitely has an edit as I discovered in the other thread, but I'm not sure about any other episodes.

But that has often been edited...and so does DEATH often (they cut out the Like A Prayer speech)

Sheena

I'll go NETFLIX

I'm also not going to just QUOTE things. It seems like we've DONE that. Just so you know.

ZenGiraffe

Ramona's Friend #31
I'm here and ready to watch the first episode again for the third time!

Who knows if I'll stick around for the other two.

COB

honk
I'm here and ready to watch the first episode again for the third time!

Who knows if I'll stick around for the other two.
You'd be better off jumping in with Fat at 9:30 really, Fashion is good but they're definitely still finding their feet in it.

Sheena

I remember so vividly watching this the first time on BBC2 all those years ago. Thursday night.

Sheena

I much preferred the characters in this first series to any other. They became caricatures after this a bit. In the first, Edina is ridiculous but still believable and I much more get along with Patsy as a functioning alcoholic.

Sheena

It's always annoyed me that she talks to Bubble like this when Bubble is clearly not the recipient of THAT kind of conversation (the chanting, the dressing gown comment)

Sheena

I also don't think I'd ever realised she wears a wedding and engagement ring in this episode

Sheena

You forget what a masterclass in acting and setting up the scene this is. It's almost half the episode til the next character comes in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom