ABBA Voyage: The Concert Residency – CONTAINS MAJOR SET LIST SPOILERS

Christian

GOOD BYE!
We're now just a few months away from 22 27 May 2022, and I don't think this has its own topic yet.

FMODNfmXsA0yXYn.jpg

Last edited:
The start date is 27th May, isn't it? With a premiere or press night event the day before, which seems to have upset some fans who bought tickets for the 27th expecting them all to be there.

The start date is 27th May, isn't it? With a premiere or press night event the day before, which seems to have upset some fans who bought tickets for the 27th expecting them all to be there.
Oops, so it is!

Trying to book for opening night is always a risky with new shows, especially with a new tech one such as this.

We're hopefully going on the 28th. I did wonder about any covid and/or tech delays, but you just have to go with it and hope for the best, unless you're happy waiting a few months anyway.

Little Boots assures us that “no one will be disappointed” by the ‘ABBA Voyage’ setlist.

The singer-songwriter, aka Victoria Hesketh, will play keyboards/synthesizers and provide backing vocals as part of the show’s 10-piece live band, also starring Klaxons guitarist James Righton, and she’s offered a teaser of the “revolutionary project”.

Insisting the group’s selections will “please everybody,” she tells the launch issue of Retro Pop: “There are two songs that are some of my absolute favourites that I wouldn’t expect them to include, but they are, so that’s really exciting!

“They definitely are going to tick all the ‘ABBA Gold’ boxes as well, so I don’t think anyone will be disappointed.”

Two songs from the ‘Voyage’ album – I Still Have Faith in You and Don’t Shut Me Down – have been confirmed for the gigs and James previously revealed four of the songs rehearsed by the band which will likely make the set: Voulez-Vous, Knowing Me, Knowing You, Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) and Eagle.

Few more details of the setlist have been confirmed, however Victoria admitted there’s one omission she “had a big gripe with” – but wouldn’t name the track in question.

However, with rehearsals well underway she promises the live band sounds “magic”, ahead of the show’s opening night on May 27.

“Everyone had goosebumps,” recalls Victoria of the first group session. “Straight off the bat, it was first thing in the morning and it was absolutely incredible…

“There was no doubt in my mind after the audition – I had to do it.”

In addition to playing with ABBA, the singer-songwriter will also release her fourth Little Boots album in spring 2022.

Read the full interview in the Retro Pop 2022 Preview Special, out now. Get yours here: Retro Pop Store.

I wonder if it's because as things stood, Chiquitita was their biggest hit with the shittest quality video on YouTube? It didn't get the 4K upgrade with most of the other big ones.
It's a shame, it's probably my favourite ABBA video.

ABBA have won The Government’s Music Export Prize for extraordinary services to Swedish music exports (snappy title). That they won it was announced a little while ago, but at the ceremony today Bjorn let slip that all four of them will be at the Voyage launch on 26 May.

They'll be there like they're there in the I Still Have Faith In You video :eyes:

*Uncanny valley Robo-Agnetha waves and smiles*

ABBA have won The Government’s Music Export Prize for extraordinary services to Swedish music exports (snappy title). That they won it was announced a little while ago, but at the ceremony today Bjorn let slip that all four of them will be at the Voyage launch on 26 May.

:wownic:

I might have to sell my first pair of tickets for this. :(

@COB Did you have an easy enough experience selling yours?

Mine haven't sold yet :( I put them up for resale on Ticketmaster directly, they have a secondary market thing. The alternative is that you can transfer the tickets to someone else, so you could sell them somewhere else and do that I think - I'm going to keep mine up for sale as they are for the time being, but if they haven't sold a few weeks before my show (in July) I'll look at Gumtree and all that.

Mine haven't sold yet :( I put them up for resale on Ticketmaster directly, they have a secondary market thing. The alternative is that you can transfer the tickets to someone else, so you could sell them somewhere else and do that I think - I'm going to keep mine up for sale as they are for the time being, but if they haven't sold a few weeks before my show (in July) I'll look at Gumtree and all that.
When were you intending to go? These are for Monday 6th June and looking on the website it looks to be all but sold out, so I'm hoping they'll maybe go to someone. Cheap too.

Reactions: COB
Mine are for 22nd July, I'm sort of expecting there to be a bit of a surge in sales/resales once the first shows happen and there's the press interest etc.

Is there much advertising in London for the show?

I’ve not seen ANY!
I hadn't seen any pictures of any on Facebook groups either and thought it a little odd. I'm sure there will be a media blitz (I've read there are two documentaries to be broadcast in May), but I'd have thought there would be advertising on the underground etc.

Well that’s a bit of a swindle - it’s the same CGI shots they’ve been using for the last 6 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom