Adele - 30

This new song makes me feel a bit sick

243.jpg

decent video and song, I know its a really good track and its progression for her, but I can't seem to get excited about this one

I can't believe Easy on Me is STILL #1 on spotify dailies. Well it was yesterday

I love Oh My God, and think the video is a nice evolution for her. She's serving lewks, and there is even some dancing (albeit not from her).

I even love Easy On Me these days. I think 30 is the height of my Adele stannage.

Don't like this song at all. I'm sick of her now too. I already cant wait until she goes back in her box for another 6 years.

you can see she's devastated but I couldn't help thinking the video looked like a skit

Feel sorry for all the people that have travelled

She has boundary issues if things were potentially this bad and she thought she could pull it out by working herself to the bone for five days. I'm sure she had the best of intentions, but injury/sudden bereavement is basically the only reason you can pull this the night before.

(
Also, if we're being real, this kind of thing is especially out of order when you're an artist who has previous form for a. late cancellations and b. cancelling your dates so you can get your back blown out. After pulling shit like that you should really be going above and beyond to make sure you aren't leaving fans out of pocket whatever happens in the future.)

Last edited:
Oh dear, that's very late notice indeed for something which isn't illness or the venue burning down.

I don't believe for a minute that they didn't know the show was ready until now. She could always have borrowed Katy Perry's set and done the show from the top of the giant toilet anyway. I'm sure Celine could have lent her a few lovely curtains from her show too.

I don’t see what cast and crew wouldn’t be replaceable at a moments notice in Vegas? It’s not like there’s going to be a huge squad of DANCERS.
I mean, there's an entire live band who've been rehearsing her songs. I doubt they could be replaced at a moment's notice. and anyway the current crew will all have contracts and can't just be dropped.

You’d think there’d be understudies and contingencies for a production at this level though?

I imagine this is going to cost her dear and not just reputationally. The fact she's got plenty of form on this front is not going to help.

I imagine this is going to cost her dear and not just reputationally. The fact she's got plenty of form on this front is not going to help.
this is happening to shows all over the place so I really don't think so. announcing it the day before is of course shitty because some people will have travelled already.

this is happening to shows all over the place so I really don't think so. announcing it the day before is of course shitty because some people will have travelled already.

I suppose that because she's done this on every tour, it feels a little more fishy here. But you're right, it is still happening all over the place, even with all sorts of contingency measures in place.

There’s just SO much good will towards her, and that plus the crying video will see her through this I think.

Has it really happened multiple times before though?? 🥴

I love how her real accent pops out when she's emotional. That halfway-to-RP glow-up she tried to serve during the Oprah interview was not the one.

Who knew Adele was the new Janft, just without the bops and the dancing talent.

At least this will give her plenty of songwriting fuel for her next album.

I don’t see what cast and crew wouldn’t be replaceable at a moments notice in Vegas? It’s not like there’s going to be a huge squad of DANCERS.
Unless she has Cirque Du Soleil dancers and pyrotechnics on stage, I can’t for the life of me understand what wouldn’t just be mundane BAU for any half decent stage technicians in Las Vegas for an Adele show.

You need someone to TURN ON THE LIGHTS, and someone to PRESS PLAY! Lazy bitch could do that herself for half a million a night.

Last edited:
The whole SITUATION is giving me a little bit of a Sheridan Smith vibe

As nice as she is, I can’t think of a more boring show to go to in Vegas. Even the Blue Man Group probably entails more production value.

Unless she has Cirque Du Soleil dancers and pyrotechnics on stage, I can’t for the life of me understand what wouldn’t just be mundane BAU for any half decent stage technicians in Las Vegas for an Adele show.
she actually saw the footage of Katy's show, panicked, and reworked 30: Adele featuring special guest Mic Stand into The 30 Ball, in which she emerges flying out of a giant 30ft wine bottle and then straddles a giant 30ft cigarette. very Del, very Lahndan.

Her last tour with littered with voice problems wasnt it? If it was something similar why wouldn't they just say it?
The last 3 tours!

I guess she's doing weekends only to give her voice a rest between shows - it's got to be punishing trotting out those songs night after night.

Of course Vegas is notoriously ABYSMAL for your voice (too DRY dahling) so she'll have to do a Celine and mime half of it plus sleep on top of a humidifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom