Adele - 30

Meanwhile, "Oh My God" rebounds to #18 (#26 lw) on the Hot 100. "Easy on Me" still #1.

The album shifts another 43k units (down 10%) this week at #4.

The cancellation is the promo.

Also the Grammy's were moved to April 3rd cos of Ms. Omicron. Perfect opportunity to launch single #3 - "Love is a Game" with the 60 person choir?

Of course.
I bet this shit will win like 12 Grammys or something ridiculous and she'll have her Vegas rescheduled shows and perform triumphantly in tears etc. etc.

I did not expect so much drama in an Adele thread. You’d think she murdered a baby and not just postponed a few shows (That most of the people angry about were never going to see anyway).

I did not expect so much drama in an Adele thread. You’d think she murdered a baby and not just postponed a few shows (That most of the people angry about were never going to see anyway).
Oh please. I mean you should see the shit Madame X got for cancelling some shows ... but of course that source of vitriol is only reserved for Madonna and not lovely and approachable Adele.

Let's get real.

From Popbitch:

Just before news broke in the papers, we told our Club Popbitch subscribers on Monday the real reason Adele's Vegas show got cancelled was because she hated the set design – particularly the big swimming pool that set designer Esmerelda Devlin had plonked on the stage (Adele's response on seeing it: "I ain't getting in no empty pond and I ain't doing the whole show in water.")

From Popbitch:

Just before news broke in the papers, we told our Club Popbitch subscribers on Monday the real reason Adele's Vegas show got cancelled was because she hated the set design – particularly the big swimming pool that set designer Esmerelda Devlin had plonked on the stage (Adele's response on seeing it: "I ain't getting in no empty pond and I ain't doing the whole show in water.")
Wasn't James Newman's My Last Breath stage concept a giant swimming pool? Maybe they thought Adele could make use of it!

It’s very that

From Popbitch:

I might be a bit clueless, but wouldn't the artist get to see/have some say in what the set designer was doing before it actually materialised?

At least Marge had the excuse of being about 70 and still trying to bop her buss. Adele always said she wanted to be like Céline, but then she couldn't handle a little camp? It's Vegas, hun.

Celine Dion Cd GIF

she was never announced for the Brits but it's definitely a nice Evildele PR piece to keep this non-story going

I was going to say she wasn't in the announcement last week. Would it ever have been likely, if the Vegas season had gone ahead?

she was never announced for the Brits but it's definitely a nice Evildele PR piece to keep this non-story going
Didn't she perform on every Brits awards show when she had an active album campaign going though?

Yeah Duffy was flavour of the month then - she beat Adele in two categories and 19 wasn’t even nominated for Best Album.

Awww trouble in paradise. She just cant catch a break 😥

https://www.daily mail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10458075/Adele-trying-fix-relationship-Rich-Paul-time-apart-strained-romance.html

Last edited:
Poor ‘Del Gel. :( Although, “spending a week holed up” makes it sound like fun for lady bussy.

sorry, if it's been covered but i just came across a pre-release tidbit that there's a track on the album that's been compared to goldfrapp. which one is it please say it's not oh my god!

sorry, if it's been covered but i just came across a pre-release tidbit that there's a track on the album that's been compared to goldfrapp. which one is it please say it's not oh my god!

I'm still completely baffled by that comparison. I was getting all my energy up for 2003 era ethereal electroclash. What we got it is Adele 21: The Sequel Sequel

I'm still completely baffled by that comparison. I was getting all my energy up for 2003 era ethereal electroclash. What we got it is Adele 21: The Sequel Sequel

it's from some interview where she says:

There’s obviously Easy On Me, then there’s another one… I got very into Goldfrapp and I was like, “I can do this music too!”. I can do one song, I definitely couldn’t pull off what Alison [does], she’s the absolute Queen.

it was supposedly being considered for lead single too - which track is it? i only listened through the album once and probably didn't notice it?

even something along the lines of stranger would've been welcome but then...

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom