Adele - 30

@joanne can you do my taxes please
RWLeZU2.gif

I think we should all be quite clear that streaming means nothing of any real significance given that it’s BASICALLY FREE. Much like going to the toilet or giving the chinchilla a bath

Even I streamed Chromatica. ONCE :)

Coming soon: a bitter and exciting WEEKS ON CHART duel between THOMPSON TWINS INTO THE GAP and whatever Lionel Richie album HELLO (no relation) was on

I think we should all be quite clear that streaming means nothing of any real significance given that it’s BASICALLY FREE. Much like going to the toilet or giving the chinchilla a bath

Even I streamed Chromatica. ONCE :)
well I disagree with THIS. Streaming is the primary way people consume music in 2022

well I disagree with THIS. Streaming is the primary way people consume music in 2022
If one is to give value to something, there has to be an exchange of some sort, not just OH LOOK WHAT’S TURNED UP ON MY PHONE. Regardless of whether it’s the primary way of listening to music in 2022 or not

I think the word CONSUME is quite telling. It’s like having free Frazzles and wanting MORE MORE MORE! For FREE!

I’ve seen quite a lot of the GREAT ALBUM WHERE ARE THE REMIXES chat on here like people think they’re entitled to MORE FREE THINGS and whatever is given is never enough

NASTY

Of course this situation has been established by the grisly Spotify model but people could at least think to QUESTION it

Well some people are greedy and always have been, but streaming means I can choose to listen to whatever I want whenever I want. It means You’re not restricted to what you can afford or what’s available in your local store. Streaming might not be perfect, but it’s the most accurate measure of what’s popular imo (maybe ticket sales as wel)

Well some people are greedy and always have been, but streaming means I can choose to listen to whatever I want whenever I want. It means You’re not restricted to what you can afford or what’s available in your local store. Streaming might not be perfect, but it’s the most accurate measure of what’s popular imo (maybe ticket sales as wel)
Well it SHOULD be restricted to what people can afford. It’s a product into which artists have invested time, money and (variably) creative energy and warrants a return. Whatever next? I want to eat whatever I want whenever I want so Walmart / Lidl / supermarché of choice should make everything free?

Yes I think that artists should be compensated for their work as well, which i why I pay for Apple Music and buy cds sometimes and also concert tickets. But some people can’t afford that, and they’re no less entitled to music than me

Also, this is not the point at all, but food is a human right, and your income shouldn’t determine what food you have access to. If anything, it’s more important than music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom