Adele - 30

Watching An Audience With and it’s made me realise what’s bothering me about this era. It’s all just a bit… worshippy?

I think she's entitled to a victory lap but it's perhaps a wee bit odd to see it done with a brand new album.

Watching An Audience With and it’s made me realise what’s bothering me about this era. It’s all just a bit… worshippy?
It is strange how she’s regarded as a sort of deity now, mostly fuelled by the media. Hopefully it’ll be Molly Sandén’s turn next.

I heard she just tore the fucking roof off with Rolling in the Deep. can't wait to see this

Rolling in the Deep was tremendous, and Queen Suranne was clearly having a joyous time singing along.

I was enjoying Can I Get It until someone came in and said it sounded like Tom’s Diner

I haven't listened to the album yet but Love Is a Game was the new song I liked best of the three she played on the special.

She is so relatable! I am glad she is making music for people that have had life experiences. As a mother with too many failed relationships to mention she is hitting the spot again and again.

167k Monday mids - almost def looking at 300k+ by Friday, but whether it gets to 400 is dependant on whether the vinyls are staggered over the week like ABBA's were...

anyone who's interested can hear the Target bonus track Wild Wild West here (watch out for the pop-up ads)

AMAZING. massive banger! the electric guitar is all kinds of :disco:

How was that passed over for the album when something like the never-ending and terminally dull To Be Loved made the cut?

Oh My God makes sense as a single but I presume Can I Get It will be as well. It feels an outlier and I can imagine the whistling bit being used everywhere.

I like the album but the songs in the second half of the album don't all earn their extended running time. Hold On has a gorgeous pay off but getting there is a long haul. Woman Like Me gets old well before the end. Love Is A Game is lovely though.

I’m obsessed with all of it but particularly fond of the closing three.

I’m less keen on Oh My God and Can I Get It to be honest but the whole album has a hypnotic feel I am just loving during these winter months

I heard Love is a Game in that Adele ITV special and for a little bit she was channelling good old Amy.

apparently Mel B asked a question during the Audience With and made it into a joke about a vibrator, and it was cut before airing because "nobody laughed and it was awkward as hell" :D

I really can't get over Oh My God.

Not Adele coming through with the bop of the year. Jessie Ware scalped and left for dead outside a North London deli.

apparently Mel B asked a question during the Audience With and made it into a joke about a vibrator, and it was cut before airing because "nobody laughed and it was awkward as hell" :D
Queen. The only thing this album is missing is a 7 minute extended cover of I Want You Back featuring Mel.

everything up up UP on Spotify today :disco: she has 9 of the top 10.

Hold On is the biggest winner after the ITV show, up 6 spots to 9. Woman Like Me also up 9 to 11, and Love is a Game the lowest placed at 15.

Oh My God should be on lock to chart at #2 this week.

and here's Easy On Me from the NRJ Awards this weekend

I fully approve of that added bass guitar, it gives the song more depth.

lovely but it also sounds like she's already strained her voice a bit

lovely but it also sounds like she's already strained her voice a bit

I'm hardly the HONEST VOCAL COACH but she sings from her mouth all the time, no wonder she's always having issues with her voice. I like her VOCAL RAWNESS but if she's going to be doing BELTERS like these all the time she better learn some technique or her voice is going to be shot to pieces.

everything up up UP on Spotify today :disco: she has 9 of the top 10.

Hold On is the biggest winner after the ITV show, up 6 spots to 9. Woman Like Me also up 9 to 11, and Love is a Game the lowest placed at 15.

Oh My God should be on lock to chart at #2 this week.

and here's Easy On Me from the NRJ Awards this weekend

she's bloody iconic this era. I love this look

Oh My God is still #2 in the UK mids and projected to enter at #5 on the Hot 100 :disco: that would be her eighth top 10 in the US.

maybe we'll have to REDUCE THE FORECAST. indeed it's looking more like 65k from streaming.
28.4k as of the latest update. So she's already beaten Sheeran's 25.3k (and Swift's 15.7k), and will presumably see off Olivia Rodrigo's 30.9k easily enough.

I do find it interesting though how none of them have come close to ÷'s 78.9k though. I don't keep an eye on streaming figures routinely. Has anything come close to it since? Have we already hit max streaming?

Just thought it could be that the calculation to equivalent sales may have changed as well.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the Audience show. I Drink Wine and especially Hold On have gone right up in my estimation.

I also don’t get the complaints about her voice. She sounded fantastic. She was husky in places and yes her voice might be changing with age but that might also just be because she’s been singing a lot the past couple of months doing promo and rehearsing and finishing the album. But her technique and tone are improving with age.

I was waiting for SFTTR to be full of bum notes and I didn’t hear one. Not sure where that came from either.

Well I'm on page 14 and Zane is looking mega hot these days. He could look down my music collection anyday, etc. Not that I could finish the interview - I called it quits at the even more gorgeouser Jeff Buckley.

Are those not quite blockbuster UK sales or do we need to look at the context?

Are those not quite blockbuster UK sales or do we need to look at the context?
I think possibly both? But it's hard to think of anyone else capable of having a bigger week. As I said before, it's interesting for me mainly as a reflection of the state of the industry and market currently.

First week US sales I believe.
838k Total Sales / 679k Pure Sales

The gap is insane. The way she sold more than the other 9 PUT TOGETHER.

FLOP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom