Adele - 30

Million Treasons (tee hee hee) has really grown me over the past few years.
And yes I can see Adele covering it, to bring this back on topic.

Vegas thingy happening after all, it would appear. From Popbitch:

GOOD NEWS FOR ADELE FANS: After everything fell through at the 11th hour, Adele is currently gearing up for an August relaunch of her Vegas residency, drafting in Take That's creative team to redesign the show from scratch in an attempt to recoup the $15m that went down the pan with the ill-fated 'baggy pond' staging.

GOOD NEWS FOR DRAMA FANS: Once again, production insiders are panicking that the deadlines to turn around this entirely new show are miles too tight – an issue that's been compounded by a production manager quitting this week as it was all so out of control.

If Adele hadn't become such a SKINNY MALINK, she could have rivalled L.Gag's biscuit promo with these lovely chocolate bars.

Adele-Chocolate-Bar-Compound-Dark-1-600x600.jpg

I have a feeling that she tries to acknowledge at least 99% of what she's done and cover everything (in a similar fashion as Kylie) so, for the Chromatica Tour she'll stick A Million Reasons as part of an acoustic/real music medley, featuring her playing the piano of fucking course, and then stick Perfect Illusion as some kind of Interlude/Costume change thingie.

Joanne is a great little album. It is not the towering work of genius that is ARTPOP, nor the wall-to-wall bangers of Chromatica. But I listened to it on the plane the other day, and I really enjoyed it.

Far be it from me to condone putting women against women just because their gender is the same, and despite me being pro-Gaga, for the sake of gay chat lounge discussion, doesn’t that image you posted show Adele getting 15 days at #1.

Not that this really says anything other than Taylor Swift is bigger on Spotify than any of them and she wasn’t doing much during Chromatica’s launch

it was Easy On Me and the hype for the album that put her at #1 on Spotify for 12 days. and then she released the album and people said "lol no this ain't this sis" :D

Joanne is a great little album. It is not the towering work of genius that is ARTPOP, nor the wall-to-wall bangers of Chromatica. But I listened to it on the plane the other day, and I really enjoyed it.

the power-bottom energy on this one is insulting but also kind of turning me on.

Vegas thingy happening after all, it would appear. From Popbitch:

GOOD NEWS FOR ADELE FANS: After everything fell through at the 11th hour, Adele is currently gearing up for an August relaunch of her Vegas residency, drafting in Take That's creative team to redesign the show from scratch in an attempt to recoup the $15m that went down the pan with the ill-fated 'baggy pond' staging.

GOOD NEWS FOR DRAMA FANS: Once again, production insiders are panicking that the deadlines to turn around this entirely new show are miles too tight – an issue that's been compounded by a production manager quitting this week as it was all so out of control.

I'm still failing to grasp what could be so complicated about a show for an artist who stands still on stage and sings. Did Celine Dion ever have these "production" issues? Even Janet "Jancel" Jackson managed to do a Vegas residency.

I'm still failing to grasp what could be so complicated about a show for an artist who stands still on stage and sings. Did Celine Dion ever have these "production" issues? Even Janet "Jancel" Jackson managed to do a Vegas residency.

Celine's Vegas show was MASSIVE. Cirque du Soleil did the production and it was completely over the top.

The only thing that makes sense with Adele is that she just didn't want to do them. She wasn't due to rehearse with the set until the week before opening which is just crazy. I can't believe she wasn't aware of how it was going to look with the "boggy pond" until she got to Vegas. Had it been Covid or "production delivery issues" like she said, they could easily have picked up two or three weeks into the booked dates.

Last edited:
Es Devlin had done some cool stage designs in her time, I would like to see Adele's BOGGY POND tbh. I bet it would have been interesting.

Well she looked majestic from the pics of last night at Hyde Park ft Gabrielle.

What do peeps think of the setlist? Its up on setlist.fm not to spoil for anyone going today :D

Well she looked majestic from the pics of last night at Hyde Park ft Gabrielle.

What do peeps think of the setlist? Its up on setlist.fm not to spoil for anyone going today :D
She was fanastic.. surprised to see the singles from 19 paid dust apart from Make You Feel My Love. Set list was good apart from that.

Self Esteem almost won the day with her set on the small stage. Her 'don't fuck up the Adele gig' banner was a serve.

Adele in 2022? Who's even on board these days?

Presumably not all those people who lost hundreds of pounds on Vegas tickets because she didn't like the set.

unimpressed drag race GIF by RealityTVGIFs

poor @Nowoco must be seething not only that she showed up, but that the fickle public love her again!
She will always turn up to high profile one off concerts when the cameras are on with celebrities in the crowd. I see the waterworks were right on cue as well.

We're in July and she still hasn't admitted that the Vegas concerts wont go ahead because she cant be bothered, if only someone predicted this in January 🤔 Plus if you saw the comments on every single social media post about her, you would see that very few people are in love with her. But hey, a bunch of drunk teenagers at at live festival were cheering, now that's a tough crowd to satisfy!

She will always turn up to high profile one off concerts when the cameras are on with celebrities in the crowd. I see the waterworks were right on cue as well.

We're in July and she still hasn't admitted that the Vegas concerts wont go ahead because she cant be bothered, if only someone predicted this in January 🤔 Plus if you saw the comments on every single social media post about her, you would see that very few people are in love with her. But hey, a bunch of drunk teenagers at at live festival were cheering, now that's a tough crowd to satisfy!

What IS THIS SHIT? She cancelled her gigs last minute which was a very shitty thing to do, BUT only LAST YEAR she was breaking streaming and sales records. If she released a record tomorrow it would sell like HOTCAKES. Why are you being so DELUSIONAL ABOUT THIS? WISE UP as you are looking incredibly silly now.

What IS THIS SHIT? She cancelled her gigs last minute which was a very shitty thing to do, BUT only LAST YEAR she was breaking streaming and sales records. If she released a record tomorrow it would sell like HOTCAKES. Why are you being so DELUSIONAL ABOUT THIS? WISE UP as you are looking incredibly silly now.
:D

tell 'em

I've never commented on her success? She will always sell records but her last album became yesterdays news in record time. I dont really care about her sales. I just cant stand her the person. Ever since she lost the weight and became Hollywoodised, she's become a pouting diva and loves herself far too much. Although looking at recent photos she seems to have already starting putting the weight back on so maybe her boyfriend will leave her before he cheats on her. At least then we might get Someone Like You pt II. It's much needed as its been nearly a decade since her last good song.

Although looking at recent photos she seems to have already starting putting the weight back on so maybe her boyfriend will leave her before he cheats on her. At least then we might get Someone Like You pt II. It's much needed as its been nearly a decade since her last good song.
a2a.jpg

Ever since she lost the weight and became Hollywoodised, she's become a pouting diva and loves herself far too much. Although looking at recent photos she seems to have already starting putting the weight back on so maybe her boyfriend will leave her before he cheats on her.
and here we arrive at the misogynistic core of it.

woman:

- is not allowed to lose weight
- is not allowed to love herself
- is not allowed to gain weight again
- is to blame when man cheats

what a fucking charmer you are!

Although looking at recent photos she seems to have already starting putting the weight back on so maybe her boyfriend will leave her before he cheats on her.

WHY would you want her to hurt like that? She has released Someone like You already. NEXT! Be productive with your hate honey because all that bitterness is just making you look DAMN UGLY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom