Admin Requests

Can we not just be able to delete our own posts already? Or if we have content blocked, that a thread not appear on the main menu? Just a suggestion that I would like imolimented if at all possible please.

Delete own posts isn't impossible, but you can just edit any content out, so I'm not sure what it adds.

I'm not sure I fully understand the second point. What do you mean by main menu? The forum list? What content are you blocking?

I understand why deleting posts could be tricky, but in most forums you're able to delete your own post when it's the last one in a thread, which makes sense because usually it's due to a mistake, wrong thread...

I understand why deleting posts could be tricky, but in most forums you're able to delete your own post when it's the last one in a thread, which makes sense because usually it's due to a mistake, wrong thread...

That capability isn't currently supported by Xenforo, unless it's in an addon somewhere.

Alright. I don't support the idea of being able to delete any post then. If there is anything problematic you can edit it or get it deleted by a nice moderator. Or @Soldi

That reminds me of one thing - moderators wouldn't be able to check pre-edits for any abusive or malicious content that was previously posted before the edit. Which can be important as we have seen in the past.

Unless it's soft-delete only, but that looks messy.

Yes, even if it was technically possible, I don't think it'd be healthy for posters to be able to wipe any trace of their posts offline willy nilly. It'd be so open to abuse.

It's pretty rare for there to be no mods/admin online. If you want something gone that badly, just ask one of us!

We can’t delete posts. Just edit the message with an “.” or “-“ like everyone else does?

I’m not taking part in ASFM anyway babes!

Last edited:
Anyway on a more SERIOUS note since it’s clearly bothering you, I’m not quite sure WHY you want to delete posts anyway? You can already delete the content of a post, and only mods and admin can see the OG content (as they SHOULD imo).

As @VoR said above a few weeks ago, giving all posters the ability to delete their own posts would lead to such an abuse of power. The trouble makers and bullies would be able to get away with ALL SORTS and be able to wipe the slate clean without consequences. In my view, as things stand, the ability of the mods and admin to see the post edit history allows us to pick up on any potential offensive content/anything that breaks the forum guidelines. As a mod, I’d only share any edited post if it was deemed offensive and if it had lead to some sort of forum SCANDAL (and even then I’d go through the mod forum first to get some sort of CONSENSUS).

I mean, I’ve made all sorts of drunk RAMBLINGS on here that I’ve edited the following morning (and NO I’m not drunk NOW), but to be honest it seems like you’re making a fuss about a NON ISSUE, when literally EVERYONE ELSE can happily delete their post content by just editing it and replacing it with a full stop, dash or whatever.

I asked for 2 posts to be deleted. Umm, ok.
But if you’d bothered to have read my post instead of being rude, you’d have known that we can’t delete posts and there are reasons why. You can still delete your post content so I don’t know why you’re being fussy?

Well I'm glad this is settled.

I deleted Sorb's two posts. I hope it provides satisfaction.

I knew you were the best. Anyway, I will take the feedback that my posts are too concise and coherent and apply it to my next Admin Request post coming soon. I see gifs so will not even look at the other notifications :D

This is more a question than a request. On the “moopy couple” thread it shows a message to show ignored content, but I haven’t ignored anyone who has posted in the thread. When I click on it, it doesn’t show me anything different. Not really a big deal, but I wonder why

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom