06 Falling Free
05 Beautiful Killer
09 I Fucked Up
00 BDay Song
06 Best Friend

Last edited:
tinny autotuned crow on the wire nocals
:disco:

At least Mirwais seems able to kick a half-decent vocal out of her, if the verse on Medellin is anything to go by. I know it’s autotuned but at least there’s a bit of effort going on. I bet Martin Solveig just sat there and was like OH WOW INCREDIBLE BEST EVER

Not that I conducted a large survey or anything but I do remember anytime I played Gang Bang in the car on a playlist at the time most people liked it. I’m one of two people I know who would buy a Madonna album.

07 Girl Gone Wild
08 Gang Bang
08 I'm Addicted
06 Turn up the Radio
06 Give me All Your Luvin'
08 Some Girls
00 Superstar
05 I Don't Give A
06 I'm a Sinner
06 Love Spent
08 Masterpiece
07 Falling Free
07 Beautiful Killer
07 I Fucked Up
00 BDay Song
04 Best Friend

I think some of her best vocals in recent times were in Devil’s Pray and perhaps in those other songs as well that were done with the Swedes but since I don’t listen to them I’m not sure.

08 Girl Gone Wild
07 Gang Bang
07 I'm Addicted
04 Turn up the Radio
01 Give me All Your Luvin'
05 Some Girls
00 Superstar
05 I Don't Give A
05 I'm a Sinner
07 Love Spent
09 Masterpiece
10 Falling Free
09 Beautiful Killer
08 I Fucked Up
-1 BDay Song
07 Best Friend

Not here for the "Turn up the Radio" hate - I'll keep that, "Masterpiece" and "Some Girls" that's it. The rest , no thanks.

07 Girl Gone Wild
07 Gang Bang
09 I'm Addicted
00 Turn up the Radio
05 Give me All Your Luvin'
05 Some Girls
00 Superstar
06 I Don't Give A
05 I'm a Sinner
07 Love Spent
10 Masterpiece
06 Falling Free
05 Beautiful Killer
06 I Fucked Up
-1 BDay Song
03 Best Friend

I like this album more than Ag but at the same time I can't argue with anything in your reassessment, other than that I really love I'm Addicted.

10 Girl Gone Wild
09 Gang Bang
09 I'm Addicted
00 Turn up the Radio
00 Give me All Your Luvin'
03 Some Girls
00 Superstar
05 I Don't Give A
03 I'm a Sinner
11.5 Love Spent
08 Masterpiece
04 Falling Free
05 Beautiful Killer
08 I Fucked Up
06 BDay Song (purely for the fact I'm still astonished to this day she got away with recording this AND including it in the album where I am sure there were demos that were miles miles better than this; shaking and crying don't even begin to describe how I felt on first listen.)
00 Best Friend

This album fucking sucks. It's basic and does not sound good at all.

I don't think I listen to any track regularly, apart from laughing at Girl Gone Wild. The best songs are just boring and sedate, instead of terrible.

Reactions: Zu
Well I would! It's brilliant and I know @Halli agrees.

Yep.

I love MDNA - as with most of her recent albums, the best tracks are perfection, littered with embarrassing shite.

Beautiful Killer is sublime, love it's simplicity and it has that old Madonna sound about it. Would have loved it as a single with a sort of 'Don't Tell Me' looking video involving a gun chase type affair.

'I Fucked Up' is just beautiful, and Love Spent is one of my faves EVER. Should have been the lead single.

10 Girl Gone Wild
05 Gang Bang
07 I'm Addicted
02 Turn Up the Radio
02 Give me All Your Luvin'
01 Some Girls
00 Superstar
01 I Don't Give A
01 I'm a Sinner
06 Love Spent
09 Masterpiece
05 Falling Free
06 Beautiful Killer
04 I Fucked Up
00 BDay Song
03 Best Friend

Reactions: Zu
02 Turn Up the Radio
02 Give me All Your Luvin'
01 Some Girls
00 Superstar
01 I Don't Give A
01 I'm a Sinner

:D Six songs in a row and all of them appalling :disco:

Although I think you’re being a bit generous on the GAYLUV front :side-eye:

Beautiful Killer is one of the blandest songs of her career. It's so beige and inoffensive that it actually offends me

I don't QUITE agree with Jark, but I get where he's coming from. At that stage it sounded like someone asked a computer to generate a Madonna song.

In karaoke with Mr Diddy I asked which Madonna songs he knew so I could sing out.

He ONLY knew Vogue and GAYLUV, so he made me sing GAYLUV

Thanks to @COB ’s expert coaching I nailed the rap part

Reactions: COB
Ugh I decided to put YouTube on auto-Madge mode. It started off well

Hung up
Sorry (Cloud was fucking hot)
Vogue
Ray of light
Like a prayer
Girl gone Wild - HOLY SHIT I always knew it was shit but it wasn’t even fun shit, just some old slapper and her gays playing with sex and sexuality in the most basic way imaginable.

I mean what she wore and looked like was alright, but what she did and what she said was just reductive :(

Papa don’t preach after that, as if to underline the gulf in quality. Then La Isla Bonita

4 minutes is a lot shitter than I remember, when exactly did Timbaland become such a shit parody of himself, all of them for that matter.

Then Frozen, totally AGOG at how good it still looks. Unbelievable.

Then Bitch I’m Madonna, AGOG for different reasons.

Coming to the conclusion that she hasn’t made a good video since Get Together with the exception of, incredibly, GAYLUV. It’s fun, looks like it had a slight budget, and MIA is dying inside

I always forget Masterpiece is on there - again, one of her better more recent moments, and would have actually worked better as a lead single. Well, anything would have than Luvin' - that should have been a one off 'tongue in cheek' superbowl 'giveaway single'

07 Girl Gone Wild - Does what it says on the tin. Decent. Faceless.
07 Gang Bang - Not my thing, but I like it's mood, different, kind of inspired..
07 I'm Addicted - This is the one that worked best on the MDNA tour I thought
08 Turn up the Radio - Love this, but then I love cheese. I liked the video too.
04 Give me All Your Luvin' - Liked the video, not really the song.
03 Some Girls - Filler
06 Superstar - cute
06 I Don't Give A - Filler, and the kind of thing we didn't want from Madonna at the time
06 I'm a Sinner - Always forget this one, middle of the album filler, bored vocals
10 Love Spent - Should have been the lead single, fits perfectly with the divorced theme of the album
09 Masterpiece - Sublime, love the vocals, perfect Madonna
07 Falling Free - Nice
08 Beautiful Killer - Solid, understated, one of the best on the album
10 I Fucked Up - probably always been my fave along with Love Spent. Love the melody, almost feel like having a 'fuck' in there spoils it. I suppose 'I messed up 'R2 edition' doesn't have the same ring to it
00 BDay Song
03 Best Friend

Beautiful Killer sounds like it could’ve been written around the True Blue era. The bridge in particular is classic 80s Madonna!

I still really like the Orbit stuff on MDNA, but the Solveig stuff is genuinely horrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom