Age of Empires II

Suomi

User
I’m having a great time dressed as a town centre re-playing this classic nineties game which HOLDS UP! My dream is for Civilisation 2 to be resurrected, but this will do in the meantime.

On the off chance that anyone still plays this via Steam please beep me 911!

Was it really 90s? I had it and the original on PC and this on PS2(?) as well.

I was awful at it but always chose the Celts, and the scenarios were so much fun.

I just finished Pokemon Ruby and the Sims got boring after as soon as they all got depressed so this might be my new venture.

I’m having a great time dressed as a town centre re-playing this classic nineties game which HOLDS UP! My dream is for Civilisation 2 to be resurrected, but this will do in the meantime.

On the off chance that anyone still plays this via Steam please beep me 911!
I will happily play this with you sometime! I was OBSESSED as a child with it.

I will happily play this with you sometime! I was OBSESSED as a child with it.
Yah!! Me too. I also downloaded Red Alert: Command and Conquer but the AI on that really doesn’t hold up.

wow I thought this thread would low-key flop but looks like we might have a coven

I downloaded a game I used to play as a kid called ZEUS: MASTER OF OLYMPUS a while ago. Love a city-planner :disco:

I downloaded a game I used to play as a kid called ZEUS: MASTER OF OLYMPUS a while ago. Love a city-planner :disco:

only one of the best and most life-stealing games ever made :disco: (see also its siblings Pharaoh and Dynasty)

there's a new game on its way inspired by these epics to look out for

• Love
Reactions: GNL
Ha - to be honest my favourite thing about Age of Empires is building my little city up and irrigating/finding resources. I actually really don’t like the warfare but I guess that’s true to life - so fight we must.

we should organize a forum raid only we bring down ancient civilizations together instead

*sends in the Moopy know-it-alls*

I'm in!

Well should we plan a date maybe to try all playing together? Do people use Steam on here?

I had this! It was all Age of Empires lite until a giant Poceidon would emerge from the sea and stomp all over your newly built town.

Ha - to be honest my favourite thing about Age of Empires is building my little city up abs irrigating/finding resources. I actually really don’t like the warfare but I guess that’s true to life - so fight we must.
I used to make it as unlikely as possible that anyone would invade. Minimum civilisations and the biggest map possible. Then I could just focus on expanding my sheep numbers.

My strategy with all these games is always to ignore everything else and build up as much tech/science as I can possibly get, then crush them once I have everything.

In Civilisation, nuking people still living in castles is always so satisfying

I could never do real-time strategy games like this, they would always get too hectic for me and I'd get stressed out very quickly - I do remember enjoying this on easy mode, along with Warcraft 2 which was basically the same thing.

OH I played A LOT of Civlization over lock down. I tend to play peacefully throughout and build a science lead like Zen, I don't start any wars unless STRICTLY necessarry, but the minute someone starts on me I DESTROY THEM (like real life! j/k :eyes:)

My strategy with all these games is always to ignore everything else and build up as much tech/science as I can possibly get, then crush them once I have everything.

In Civilisation, nuking people still living in castles is always so satisfying

OH I played A LOT of Civlization over lock down. I tend to play peacefully throughout and build a science lead like Zen, I don't start any wars unless STRICTLY necessarry, but the minute someone starts on me I DESTROY THEM (like real life! j/k :eyes:)

Love how hostile and passive-aggressive the diplomacy could get!

I just loved building extensions on my palace.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 19.53.00.png

we should organize a forum raid only we bring down ancient civilizations together instead

*sends in the Moopy know-it-alls*

I'm in!

I played this video and my friend sitting on the other side of the room instantly screamed AGE OF EMPIRES!!!

Well should we plan a date maybe to try all playing together? Do people use Steam on here?

I do. so multiplayer is supported through Steam? make a poll, add it to the itinerary, hijack ASFM, whatever it takes to join us in picking berries and wololo

I do. so multiplayer is supported through Steam? make a poll, add it to the itinerary, hijack ASFM, whatever it takes to join us in picking berries and wololo
yeah! so my brothers and I have added each other as friends and then when you load it up you can create your own forum and invite other players!

I'm so excited for this now. May finally complete the Joan of Arc scenario now that I'm older and wiser.

*Joan dies five minutes in*

My one concern about playing this online is that it will expose how shit I am at strategy games. I always play them on easy for the power trip fantasy.

Are there any big boys who I can form an alliance with?

I have Steam but I have completely neglected it. Every time I turn on my laptop it wants to update but I never let it. I basically installed it to play Prehistorik 2. 😌

My one concern about playing this online is that it will expose how shit I am at strategy games. I always play them on easy for the power trip fantasy.

Are there any big boys who I can form an alliance with?

we could all team up for a game or two against the AI. I don't know how big the maps are and how many can play them

if push comes to shove I'll build a protective wall around you

*locks gate and summons laser cars*

if anyone is feeling frisky my ill-advised and years old username on Steam is (without the spaces) d i k p a r c

not online tonite but will sext you later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom